2 votes (28.57%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

7 members have voted

discflicker
discflicker
  • Threads: 31
January 28th, 2011 at 3:08:43 PM permalink
How many dreams you have any recall of at all?

Make only one choice.

1) All of them
2) > 90% of them
3) About 50% of them
4) About 25% of them
5) Only a few dreams my life
6) Dont remember any, but know I have them
7) Dont remember any, don't think about it at all
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 28th, 2011 at 3:37:41 PM permalink
I'd say around 75%, provided fragments count.

Here's a question for your next poll, BTW: Do you ever wake up and don't remember dreaming at all?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
discflicker
discflicker
January 28th, 2011 at 3:47:43 PM permalink
So the next poll should focus more on the capacity to memorize daily dreams vs (this poll) how many dreams you have any recall of at all, right?

OK, Let me clarify this poll and create another for that, which is more along the line of your DREAMS thread anyway.

Or maybe everyone should just look at the websites that really specialize in this sort of thing?
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
January 28th, 2011 at 3:52:38 PM permalink
Quote: discflicker

How many dreams you have any recall of at all?

Make only one choice.

1) All of them
2) > 90% of them
3) About 50% of them
4) About 25% of them
5) Only a few dreams my life
6) Dont remember any, but know I have them
7) Dont remember any, don't think about it at all

How can you know what % you remember? They say we have 100 or more per night. I do remember one night I remembered a few weird ones but they were seconds long. Very weird-a kind of abstract-scene then a buzzing noise then it faded to another, 4 to 6 in a row before waking up.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Nareed
Nareed
January 28th, 2011 at 4:24:08 PM permalink
Quote: discflicker

Or maybe everyone should just look at the websites that really specialize in this sort of thing?

Oh, I was bored at work, with little enough from work to occupy me, and pretending to work at the PC. And I had a weird dream I brought up the other day, so I thought I'd post about dreams in here. Nothing more than that.

You do what interests you about dreams.

Oh, about the question I suggested above, I very rarely wake up without a sense or memory of having dreamt. But it does happen sometimes. It feels really weird, too. I wake up thinking "Didn't I dream last night?" If the waking is in the middle of the night, then I try to make myself dream by thinking of past dreams I remember. If it happens in the morning, I tend to feel uneasy for a few minutes, then it passes.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
January 28th, 2011 at 4:27:55 PM permalink
I've noticed that when I use an alarm clock, I don't remember my dreams, but when I sleep in, or set it for later, I usually remember them very vividly.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
discflicker
discflicker
January 28th, 2011 at 5:21:23 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

I've noticed that when I use an alarm clock, I don't remember my dreams, but when I sleep in, or set it for later, I usually remember them very vividly.

I'm just the opposide.. I do remember if I'm woken up, and don't when I just wake up, I believe its whether you get waken up while your in R.E.M. state or not that make dreams memorable.

I know this for a fact: My cat Nails waits till I'm in R.E.M. state, and then wakes me up, every chance she gets. Maybe that's why I'm so into dreams.. I've had her for almost 20 years now!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
January 28th, 2011 at 5:32:43 PM permalink
For a while in college I kept a tape recorder by my bed to record those dreams that I woke from, before I forgot them. However, my roommate would demand details about the more salacious dreams the following morning. One involved a mutual friend named Cheri, and he was teasing me about it to no end. After that incident I quit the project. I wonder what I did with what tapes I did make.

My wife says I once was reciting digits of pi in my sleep.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Nareed
Nareed
January 28th, 2011 at 5:49:25 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

For a while in college I kept a tape recorder by my bed to record those dreams that I woke from, before I forgot them. However, my roommate would demand details about the more salacious dreams the following morning.

I just remember them. Once only did I write one down the minute I woke up. Lucky there was pen and paper nearby. Even then, I'm sure I filled in lots of it. When you read it back, it seems like a Stargate episode with a very strucutred narrative. And it's very long. I'm sure part of it was a dream, the other part I filled in subconsciously.

But it's plenty good for a story.

Quote:

My wife says I once was reciting digits of pi in my sleep.

You got the poor woman recognizing Pi numbers? ;)

I talk in my sleep. Sometimes so loud I wake myself up. When half asleep, I'm told I say plenty of nonsense (or words that have no form as the Heart song goes).
PaulEWog
PaulEWog
  • Threads: 9
January 28th, 2011 at 6:47:38 PM permalink
I've written mine down on more than one occasion, usually getting up and going to the computer to do so. Right after I woke up and while I was writing it down I'd be thinking "Wow, this is fantastic! This would make a great movie! When I read it the next morning I would inevitably think, Wow! This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Needless to say, I usually don't get up and write them down anymore...
  • Jump to: