Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 28th, 2011 at 10:18:30 AM permalink
I mentioned a dream in another thread. I've had some interest in dream imagery and dreams for a while. I don't believe dreams predict the future or mean anything much, but the dream expereince can be very intense and powerful, which makes it a natural for a plot device in dramatic narratives.

The problem lies in capturing the feel and, especially, the intensity of a dream. About the best way I've seen it done is in Heart's song "These Dreams." In one portion the refrain comes before the main voice sing the lyrics, like so:

(wicker in my eyesight)
wicker in my eyesight
(candle in my grip)
candle in my grip
(Words that have no form)
And words that have no form
are falling from my lips.

I like the "words that have no form," part. I often have dreams like that, or wake up babbling something incoherent (I talk in my sleep, too).

I think my interest in dreams helps me remember them. At that I don't remember them too well or as often as I'd like. Years ago I used to ahve a recurring dream, with hardly any action at all. I'd dream of a luxurious room done all in white, with book cases lining the walls, furniture made of metal and glass, and a large picture window looking out on a big city at night. Sometimes the carpeting extended to the walls (this was a semi-popular fad in the 70s), sometimes not. Usually there was a clock on a coffee table, marking the time as 11:50. In the dreams I'd sit on a couch and look at the city, or look through the books, or stand by the window and look out.

Plus two other things. In those dreams I always saw myself as a woman, usually with long, red hair. And I felt a deep sense of peace and well-being.

Seeing myself as a woman in dreams is pretty common, so is the long red hair. But there are variations on how I see myself. Sometimes I see myself as I can be, that is as I hope to end up after hormone therapy and surgery. Sometimes I see myself as having been born a woman in body as well as mind. I can't explain how I see this, but I do. The closest I can come is the way in dreams sometimes you know things without knowing how you know them.

Another recurrence sometimes is a chronic innability to do something simple. Sometimes I'll dream I'm driving and need to slow down to make a turn, but the brakes won't work. Or that I need to turn on a light to see something, but the lights won't come on, the shades won't be drawn and curtains won't be opened. These types of dreams are like nightmares, but more about frustration than fear.

Right now I'm trying to incorporate "dreams" into a story. I use quotes because the people "dreaming" are actually awake, but don't realize it (and I don't know if I'll explain that, but I do know it). the imagery is dream-like, and I hope to make an attempt at intensity by dialogue and actions showing emotions. I hope I can pull it off, because otherwise the result will be a mediocre plot device.

More on this later.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
January 28th, 2011 at 11:06:40 AM permalink
Nareed, please understand that I do not mean for this post to derail your thread about dreams. I know nothing about dreams, but I have a thought/comment/question which I think may be related to dream images, and I would appreciate input from you or others in the forum.

I am aware of long-term memory and short-term memory, though I have studied neither. Is there something else that is along the line of not-yet-stored-in-memory thoughts/images?

Several times recently I have had very similar experiences. I awake suddenly and am aware that I have been thinking or dreaming about something specific. At that instant, I believe the thought or image is quite clear to me, but as I try to think about it further, it begins to disappear. No matter how hard I try to retain or clarify the memory, it takes but a moment for it to completely disappear. I have described that moment's process as being much like trying to stuff a wispy smoke cloud into a bag -- it just slips through the fingers and is gone in spite of best efforts not to lose it. Once it is gone, I have no idea at all what I had been thinking about or dreaming.

Is this a common phenomenon of memory, the inability to store something at all even after the image/idea is in the mind? Is this perhaps related to difficulties in remembering names or other info that seems clear for the moment but then is long gone? My recent experiences have been upon awakening, but I don't know whether the same thing might be happening all the time. (Maybe it's a sign of senility?)
discflicker
discflicker
  • Threads: 30
January 28th, 2011 at 12:17:40 PM permalink
How about a poll thred to uncover common dreams and common ways we interpret them?

I have my own bizzare dream things going on, way bizzare, but I think there are some dreams that many people commonly have.

1) Dreams about flying

2) Dreams about being able to swim under water

3) Dreams that you realize that everyone's looking at you because you're naked

etc....

OK, I am intreged by this, so look for a new poll, to accompany this one, what are your most common dreams...

I will create the poll thread after I get a few more suggestions... OK ?
The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
Nareed
Nareed
January 28th, 2011 at 12:28:18 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Several times recently I have had very similar experiences. I awake suddenly and am aware that I have been thinking or dreaming about something specific. At that instant, I believe the thought or image is quite clear to me, but as I try to think about it further, it begins to disappear.

I often wake up, either in the middle of the night or when the alarm goes off, and I know I was dreaming something, even what it felt like, and often I can see it, but can't grasp it. I wake up thinking "wow! what a dream! I dreamt... I dreamt... Damn! What did I dream?" All I ever recall those times is that I had a pleasant dream, but nothing else. Not even a bit of what it was about.

Another similar thing happens when falling asleep. I fall in a state between awake and asleep, and I see something much but not quite like a dream, then I come fully awake. Those times I do recall bits and pieces. This hapepns especially when I doze off in the bus, for example, or at business meetings (those are such good places to sleep!)

In order to recall a dream, what I do is try to replay it as soon as I wake up. This works best when I wake up in the middle of the night.

Quote:

Is this a common phenomenon of memory, the inability to store something at all even after the image/idea is in the mind? Is this perhaps related to difficulties in remembering names or other info that seems clear for the moment but then is long gone? My recent experiences have been upon awakening, but I don't know whether the same thing might be happening all the time. (Maybe it's a sign of senility?)

I think it's common when it comes to dreams, but if you're experiencing serious memory loss you should see a doctor.
Nareed
Nareed
January 28th, 2011 at 12:34:34 PM permalink
Quote: discflicker

Offhand I can't recall ever dreaming about being naked or people staring at me. But while in elementary school, I often dreamt I lost my shoes and had to walk to the bus wearing only socks.
discflicker
discflicker
January 28th, 2011 at 12:47:28 PM permalink

How about a poll thred to uncover common dreams

1) Dreams about flying

2) Dreams about being able to swim under water

4) Dreams where your not wearing shoes and find yourself walking home from school

5) Dreams about having sex

6) Dreams about giving a speech in front of a large audience and forgetting what to say

7) Dreams about work

8) Dreams about danger, death and dying

9) Dreams where you find yourself having a chat with someone who is dead

10) ...

The difference between zero and the smallest possible number? It doesn't matter; once you cross that edge, it might as well be the difference between zero and 1. The difference between infinity and reality? They are mutually exclusive.
Nareed
Nareed
January 28th, 2011 at 12:52:32 PM permalink
10) Nightmares involving insects (other than bees) or shrimp (I am serious. Also I am phobic)
blount2000
blount2000
  • Threads: 42
January 28th, 2011 at 1:00:15 PM permalink
I assume nightmares about a lion being in the house would fall under #8 in the list.

Been having that one for 30+ years.
You serious, Clark?
discflicker
discflicker
January 28th, 2011 at 1:01:41 PM permalink
yes, fear

but that is kinda creepy...
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
January 28th, 2011 at 2:03:55 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

...I think it's common when it comes to dreams, but if you're experiencing serious memory loss you should see a doctor.

I think my memory is still pretty good, once I actually get something stored in memory. I often say that I have a large hard drive with a slow access rate -- given time, I can recall a heck of a lot, particularly from long-term memory. My current issue seems to be getting some things into memory (particularly dreams or sleep thought) so that they stay around.
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
January 28th, 2011 at 2:05:55 PM permalink
Well, most of the dreams I remember start out as watching a movie.
It can start as sitting in a cinema, even commenting on the movie, or right at the beginning. Then, of course, the rest of the cinema gradually disappears, and in one of the "character's view" sequences I gradually turn into the main character. But usually still maintain a memory of it all being a movie.

When I forget it's a movie, the moment something unrealistic happens, I think "Oh come on, this can't be happening, must be a dream" and wake up. Most times though I just "zoom out" back into being a passive observer.

The kind of dreams I like best sometimes happens right after watching a movie or a series in the real life: if I go to sleep soon enough afterward, I often get to see a sequel. Almost invariably better than the actual one, when present, or at least so it seems (though I occasionally considered writing down what I still remember). But, unfortunately, I don't get this one as often as I'd like to, and the worst part is that I don't get to remember it well enough.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
PaulEWog
PaulEWog
  • Threads: 9
January 28th, 2011 at 2:06:00 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

I am aware of long-term memory and short-term memory, though I have studied neither. Is there something else that is along the line of not-yet-stored-in-memory thoughts/images?

Sometime within the last year or two I remember seeing a show that was discussing how dreams were now believed to be an important part of long term memory. I believe it was either this, NOVA: What are Dreams or perhaps this NOVA science NOW episode.

There are various links on those pages that you might find of interest, including transcripts.

And this page at meaningofdreams.org goes into a lot more detail about various stages of memory and theories on what happens when dreaming.
Nareed
Nareed
January 28th, 2011 at 2:22:41 PM permalink
Quote: P90

Well, most of the dreams I remember start out as watching a movie.

I want to say you've made an intersting post, very much on topic, and I want to reply. But I'm so angry at you right now I can't possibly do it.

So be patient and wait til tomorrow, ok?
discflicker
discflicker
January 28th, 2011 at 2:28:43 PM permalink
Mental excersises like playing scrabble and computer programming can keep the human mind functioning longer than the human body lasts. Physical excersises like disc golf for seniors can make the body last a long time.
Nareed
Nareed
January 29th, 2011 at 9:34:58 PM permalink
Not dream related, but sleep related.

My work involves putting together proposals for sales of food and related services mostly to government agencies. These consists of lots and lots of paper (governments buy paper, not goods or services). Some of these are sensible, for example ISO-9001 certificates, analyses of the meat processed in our plant, letters accepting specific terms and conditions, and others; some are excessive, such as photographs of delivery vans (I swear I'm not making this up), inspections by the labor department (as if they knew anything; I've seen them do inspections), and even invoices of beef and chicken (really now!).

The end result is anywhere from two to three 5" ring binders full of mostly waste paper (or so I say). Usually there are three to five suppliers competing in these events. The proposals are opened, hurriedly checked, and then signed by the government people and at least one of the contestants.

Given that a small detail can get you disqualified, we spend long hours putting these things together. Given that sometimes we need to deliver several within days, or even the same day, to different agencies, we often wind up working til 2 or 3 in the morning, then presenting the proposals by 9 am. So it's not unusual to be sleepy at the events. Also given the small detail bit, I almost always volunteer to sign in order to catch a rival in an error.

Now combine these last two: being sleepy and tired, and signing a few thousands pages of photocopied documents and letters. All while trying to catch a glimpse of an error (amazingly I have managed to do this; I can't say how)

A few times I've fallen asleep while signing. Well, more than once I've kept signing while fully or half asleep. This can have very funny consequences. Once I signed the same page over 20 times. another time I used a different signature. And there was the time that I circled random bits of pages and signed; I've no idea how that happened.
discflicker
discflicker
January 29th, 2011 at 10:14:30 PM permalink
Good thing you dont drive a truck.
Nareed
Nareed
January 29th, 2011 at 10:47:30 PM permalink

Good thing you dont drive a truck.

Once we finished putting together three proposals and one set of samples at around 6 am. I had to drive to Toluca, about 35 miles away, to deliver one at 1 pm. My plan was to get some sleep first. Well, you know what happens to the best laid plans, right? Long story short, I had to accompany a coworker to his presentation at 9 am to safeguard the samples.

I left at 10:30 and drove straight to Toluca. There I snatched some sleep in fits and starts while they dissected proposals. I think I slept maybe three hours all told, but not all at once. There were nine suppliers at that one. No signing, though. We were finished at 7 pm, and then I drove home (I stopped for coffee first; I think I drank half a gallon).
discflicker
discflicker
January 30th, 2011 at 12:11:45 AM permalink
Sorry, I dozed off reading this...

In the past few months I have aquired the ability to work for many hours, sleep for about 15 seconds, and keep going. Not only that, in the past 3 weeks, I developed the ablity to do it standing up. I just did it last week and then I broke out in a laughing fit because I said to myself "Gee, I figured out how to sleep like a horse!".

My point, though, and maybe people have studied this stuff, is that I have found that 15 seconds is all I really need! I know its not healthy to do it, but I swear, I spent about 6 weeks STRAIGHT programming and only slept a few minutes here and there. The 15 second discovery was recent; I did it 3 times, each time I stayed up at least another 16 hours or so, no problem (to my suprise).

I will tell you this, though. When you fall asleep after being up for a long time, and wake up after 15 seconds, YOU HAVE THE MOST INTENSE DREAMS POSSIBLE !

And after I realized this, I started "horsing around" and standing up while having this "incredible journey".

Try it! Don't sleep for at least 30 hours, make yourself stay awake by focusing on your work, and then when you get delusional, stand up, rest, and then close your eyes.

Try not to fall over, that takes the fun out of it.

Who knows, it might be a skill you can use later in life if you wind up getting water-boarded.
Nareed
Nareed
January 30th, 2011 at 12:15:05 AM permalink

Try it! Don't sleep for at least 30 hours, make yourself stay awake by focusing on your work, and then when you get delusional, stand up, rest, and then close your eyes.

No, thanks. I've gone nearly 40 hours without sleep in the line of duty. I don't recommend it. Too much risk of falling asleep while driving, despite what I posted previously.
discflicker
discflicker
January 30th, 2011 at 12:17:16 AM permalink
Right... I think milk truck drivers are the only ones standing up.
Nareed
Nareed
January 30th, 2011 at 12:22:22 AM permalink

Right... I think milk truck drivers are the only ones standing up.

Get on any subway anywhere in the world early enough and you'll see lots of people asleep standing up, holding on to a bar or strap.
discflicker
discflicker
January 30th, 2011 at 12:39:37 AM permalink
Thats the point... when you feel yourself falling over you have about 1/2 second to wake up. Works every time.
Nareed
Nareed
January 30th, 2011 at 2:29:51 AM permalink
You jinxed me. It's 4:30 am and I can't sleep.

Of course it may have been 2 cups of coffee and a glass of diet coke I had around midnight, too :)
discflicker
discflicker
January 30th, 2011 at 2:53:41 AM permalink
Your dreaming.
Nareed
Nareed
January 30th, 2011 at 3:01:44 AM permalink

Your dreaming.

In your dreams! :P
discflicker
discflicker
January 30th, 2011 at 3:21:35 AM permalink
Hey I already has my 15 seconds of Mr Ed, I'm fresh as a daisy, and codin away.

What was that, Wilbur?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
August 2nd, 2020 at 12:21:59 PM permalink
I had a dream I got my car stuck in someone's driveway, because there were suddenly stairs where I drove down in. Then I found myself in their house sleeping in their bed, in my dream of course. Five people came by while I was there in bed(presumed residents of the house) and none of them would have the reaction you would respect, which would be demanding to know whom I was and why I was there. Waking up, I find it funny because of course the dream residents wouldn't be confrontational because they have to walk the line and don't want me waking up and ending the dream. When I was dreaming I kind of remembered what the feeling of trying to look for something with my eyes without opening them feels like and I think the next time it happens, I'll know it. In waking I find it comical about how I had so much trouble seeing with my eyes closed. Dreams really are a big step down in quality and quantity of information, so much less detail than in the real world, it's funny we have trouble knowing it's a dream when we're dreaming and how certain facts stop being facts. I guess dreams are about the story and not the production value.

Of course breaking the dream wall doesn't always end the dream. I have dreamed about dead people from my life and mentioned how they're dead and it didn't stop the dream. I have mentioned in dreams how the house I lived in wasn't my house, the job wasn't my job, and although the dream residents didn't blow it, they were to be careful about what they said and the dream just moved on with them changing the subject as far as I recall. On dreams, most dreams I remember are the dreams I'm having while wearing nicotine patches, otherwise I feel like if I dream, I don't usually remember them.
I am a robot.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
August 2nd, 2020 at 2:04:01 PM permalink
I sometimes dream that I have broken the law in some way and the police are searching for me. Often it involves crawling out of a window onto the roof of my house in order to try to get away.

More generally, dreams in which you are fleeing from someone or something.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 7th, 2020 at 3:05:59 AM permalink
Dreams seem real, but if you think about the actual lack of information, they're very basic compared to real life. If life were to be a dream, then the real life of the dreamer would be amazing. Can someone even quantify the diminishment between life and a dream? An analogy would be like comparing a 64 bit game to an 8 bit or maybe something more extreme.
I am a robot.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 7th, 2020 at 5:05:22 AM permalink
I started taking Glycine for insomnia recently. It has helped with that, but also results in more lucid dreams.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 7th, 2020 at 5:20:52 AM permalink
I started recording my dreams on a page I created on Google Docs
most of my dreams are forgotten before I can record them - so I regard these as insignificant
the ones I can remember - or at least pieces of - I record

it's always some kind of confused situation - what's happening is really not logical
last night's dream was that I was trying to assemble a tall cabinet with glass doors that had a chess set on top - it was an entertainment center made to put a tv on top and other electronics in the shelves - so why would there be a chess set on top if you were going to put a tv on top of it?
it was for work and my Supervisor was pressing me to do it quickly
the shelves didn't fit and I was getting frustrated - they weren't even close to fitting - so I went to get an electric drill to try to force those shelves to fit - that's when it ended

even though these dreams don't make a lot of sense they are very meaningful to me and I enjoy looking them over
but I really don't know why they are meaningful to me - why I get a big kick out of them

I think a person has much more vivid dreams while in a deep sleep
but I also think that those dreams are harder to remember when the person wakes up
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Aug 7, 2020
Please don't feed the trolls
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 7th, 2020 at 8:11:18 AM permalink
I take 12 MG of Melatonin most nights and besides preventing grogginess, it allows for some very lucid dreams.

It's been years since I have had a real nightmarish dream, but last week I was having a disturbing dream when an alarm went off. I woke up, thankful that my alarm woke me up when I realized I don't own an alarm clock. It was my smoke detector and my kitchen was ablaze. I grabbed my dog and went outside, only to have to dodge a fireball. Something on the 3,000-foot peak down the block from me was shooting fireballs all over the valley. Then I realized I'd woken up from one dream in another dream. something I hadn't done in a long long time. The strange thing was although I realized I was dreaming, I couldn't wake up right away.

Was I having two dreams simultaneously or did the second one only start when I "woke" out of the first one? I've always meant to read up on dreams, but something else always comes up.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
August 7th, 2020 at 11:43:24 AM permalink
Do you dream in color or black & white?
Think carefully before answering.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
August 7th, 2020 at 12:08:22 PM permalink
When I watch B&W TV, I'll dream in B&W.
If I watch laserdisc, I'll dream in lasers.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
August 7th, 2020 at 4:19:06 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I don't think it's either way for me. It is more like the feeling when you're reading a book and vividly imagining that part of the story. You might ask if I imagine in color or B&W, but it is more like thinking than seeing.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 7th, 2020 at 4:34:25 PM permalink
I think most of my dreams are monochromatic but there is a recurring one where I am running through yards which is in color because I keep trying to reach a yellow house at the bottom of a hill.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 7th, 2020 at 6:12:12 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Dreams seem real, but if you think about the actual lack of information, they're very basic compared to real life. If life were to be a dream, then the real life of the dreamer would be amazing. Can someone even quantify the diminishment between life and a dream? An analogy would be like comparing a 64 bit game to an 8 bit or maybe something more extreme.

I have been searching for the answer, but have not found it. I do not know if I am asking the wrong question or using the wrong terms. I have found out we do not smell in dreams, but that's about it.

What I meant, if you see a wall, it will generally be plain without minute details available to be observed, if you see a table, there will not be clutter all over it usually, but will probably be with one thing on top of it, or a table will be too complex for a dream to be observed. You will not see things like glare on an object in a dream. So to some degree, we at least know dreams are a fraction of what you would experience in real life, but it seems nobody knows how to put a number on this fraction. 40% real isn't even solid, because real isn't quantifiable, but it could be understood vaguely. It would be a mind blowing thing to say if life were a dream, and it's 40% real, there is no way to really imagine what life would be like 2.5 times more real. I don't think more awareness of what we observe would cover it, sounds like another animal.
I am a robot.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
August 7th, 2020 at 7:14:15 PM permalink
I am among the 12% who dream only in B&W.

Once I had a dream of a volcano erupting, shooting flames and lava, and I "stopped" the dream and said to myself "why am I not seeing red flames and red lava?"
vegas
vegas
August 7th, 2020 at 7:15:38 PM permalink

I think almost all my dreams are black and white. I try and go over dreams I can remember and they seem not to have any color.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 7th, 2020 at 8:00:21 PM permalink

I am among the 12% who dream only in B&W.

Once I had a dream of a volcano erupting, shooting flames and lava, and I "stopped" the dream and said to myself "why am I not seeing red flames and red lava?"

It's no big surprise for those who grew up watching black and white TVs. I'd think I'd notice things being black and white, but millions haven't.
I am a robot.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
August 7th, 2020 at 9:43:54 PM permalink
I was dreaming Total Recall stuff almost 3 years before the movie came out in mid-1990.

Much of the filming took place in 20 March 1989 to 23 August 1989 on location in Mexico City and at Estudios Churubusco. The futuristic subway station and vehicles are actually part of the Mexico City Metro, with the subway cars painted gray and television monitors added. The interior of the metro stations Chabacano and Universidad and the exterior of the metro station Insurgentes were shot.

In 2084, construction worker Douglas Quaid is having troubling dreams about Mars and a mysterious woman there. His wife Lori dismisses the dreams and discourages him from thinking about Mars, where the governor, Vilos Cohaagen, is fighting a rebellion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_Recall_(1990_film)
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 16th, 2020 at 12:29:29 AM permalink
One thing I learned was you cannot read in a dream, because reading takes conscious thought you cannot have in a dream. I think numbers are fine, just not words. I guess another way to think of a dream is as a first person movie where you are the character. I feel like you cannot move your eyes around, I think it's like the foreground moves while your field of vision stays straight ahead. Another thing you cannot do in a dream is smell.
I'm still blowing my own mind trying to imagine what real life would be like if real life was a dream. Has to be something like the fourth dimension, inconceivable, there is a specific word for what the mind cannot imagine, but I cannot remember it. Something along the lines of to not be able to imagine God, or what God is, because we are too simple and primitive without the ability and without the ability to conceive what the ability is.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
August 22nd, 2020 at 11:52:01 AM permalink
Well whatever this Youtube video claimed about being unable to read and being unable to smell in dreams, I can attest I just had a dream where I had done both. Was a vivid dream, drug induced via nicotine patch, but still a dream. I was trying to use my phone and trying to navigate on my scooter through a mall to find my hotel room and was approached heavy by an attractive woman with bad breath. It was supposed to be Vegas, so...since I woke up in my bed, it didn't happen in Vegas, so I can tel you. ;D As in dreams, you don't notice the unusual, and if you do, you don't cause too much fuss, like when you are staying with your dead mother and have 2 cats which aren't yours, and your room is connected to a stranger's and the buffet.
I am a robot.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
August 22nd, 2020 at 1:10:47 PM permalink
I think my dreams are largely emotions with images quickly interspersed and framing the emotions. I can remember images that were clearly black and white, but other dreams (such as being in junior high school and suddenly realizing that I am naked) that were in color.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
  • Jump to: