Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 23rd, 2021 at 4:05:20 PM permalink
In the bad old days. African slaves were not allowed to read or write so they slowly built up a language of their own , that sounded like gibberish and read like gibberish but for someone who understood it , was a means of communicating.

Here is a sample of a message that supposedly circulated in the pre-Civil War south. It's origins are unclear but it serves as an example of the language.

Aylullul hushyumumaynun bubeeenungugsush ayrure bubohrurnun fufruree aynundud ekeeyuaylul eenun dudeegugnuneetutyuk aynundud rureegughushtutsush. Tuthusheyuk ayrure enundudohwowedud woweetuthush rureaysushohnun aynundud cucohnunsushcuceeenuncuce aynundud sushhushohyululdud aycuctut tutohwowayrurdudsush ohnune aynunohtuthusherur eenun ay sushpupeerureetut ohfuf bubrurohtuthusherurhushohohdud.

I'll post the translation in a bit.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
August 23rd, 2021 at 6:35:33 PM permalink
It looks as if starts: All human beings are born free and equal . . .
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
August 23rd, 2021 at 7:01:52 PM permalink
last word is brotherhood.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
August 23rd, 2021 at 8:49:01 PM permalink
Whan that Aprill with his shoures soote
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote....
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
  • Jump to: