Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 78
August 19th, 2021 at 1:12:06 PM permalink
Quote: Gundy

Yep. Rotonda West is another that's worth checking out.

I just made an offer on a house near The Cove of Rotunda Golf Course. You probably know better than I where it is. On the map it looks to be about half way between Rotunda West and Gulf Cove. I have to say it is pretty exciting and exhilarating to try to buy a house sight unseen.
Order from chaos
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 9
August 20th, 2021 at 9:46:56 AM permalink
Sign on a cart path on a par 4: You are 150 yards from the center of the green: you are 175 yards from a $200 glass window. Choose your club carefully!

tuttigym
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
August 20th, 2021 at 12:25:25 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I just made an offer on a house near The Cove of Rotunda Golf Course. You probably know better than I where it is. On the map it looks to be about half way between Rotunda West and Gulf Cove. I have to say it is pretty exciting and exhilarating to try to buy a house sight unseen.

Just drove by The Cove on my way home. So I'm guessing the house is in Englewood?
DRich
DRich
August 20th, 2021 at 1:06:05 PM permalink
Quote: Gundy

Just drove by The Cove on my way home. So I'm guessing the house is in Englewood?

It is on the border of Port Charlotte and Englewood but in Port Charlotte. You will need to eventually give me a rundown on golf in that area. Best courses, best prices, etc. I am a beginner and tend to lean to the cheaper courses. Obviously if my offer is accepted I will tell you exactly where it is.
Order from chaos
LoquaciousMoFW
LoquaciousMoFW
  • Threads: 0
August 21st, 2021 at 2:58:33 AM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

Sign on a cart path on a par 4: You are 150 yards from the center of the green: you are 175 yards from a $200 glass window. Choose your club carefully!

tuttigym

That's funny. In California at least, property owners are deemed to have assumed the risk of errant golf balls when purchasing property on a golf course. The standard for holding the golfer responsible is not one of negligence, but recklessness; recklessness is a much higher bar to clear . In other words, golf balls struck in the ordinary course of the game that damage property along a golf course will not necessarily render the striker liable for damages.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 9
August 21st, 2021 at 8:56:25 AM permalink
Quote: LoquaciousMoFW

That's funny. In California at least, property owners are deemed to have assumed the risk of errant golf balls when purchasing property on a golf course. The standard for holding the golfer responsible is not one of negligence, but recklessness; recklessness is a much higher bar to clear . In other words, golf balls struck in the ordinary course of the game that damage property along a golf course will not necessarily render the striker liable for damages.

In Georgia and Florida as well as many other states, the above is also true. I have always said that anyone who purchases a home on a golf course fairway has a club head speed of 5 mph.

tuttigym
DRich
DRich
Thanks for this post from:
tuttigym
August 23rd, 2021 at 8:51:03 AM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

In Georgia and Florida as well as many other states, the above is also true. I have always said that anyone who purchases a home on a golf course fairway has a club head speed of 5 mph.

That is a great line.
Order from chaos
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 112
August 23rd, 2021 at 10:00:29 AM permalink
Executive course built amongst condos in Coram NY. (Long Island). I had a cousin buy a condo 20-30 yards or so right of a short par 3. He would get 80-100 balls per season in his very small fenced in area by his front door. These are just the balls a golfer would be too embarrassed to go recover. As a golfer there is a ZERO percent chance Id have bought in that location. I did buy one on the next tee. No chance of a ball coming close. I could see the golfers from a tad behind them as they teed off.

Almost saw a hole in one on par 4 yesterday. Main tee was being repaired so we were playing it around 270 yards. I smoked it down the fairway to around 50 yards. The younger guy drew it in to 4 feet or so. He missed the eagle putt.
DRich
DRich
August 23rd, 2021 at 12:30:37 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Executive course built amongst condos in Coram NY. (Long Island). I had a cousin buy a condo 20-30 yards or so right of a short par 3. He would get 80-100 balls per season in his very small fenced in area by his front door. These are just the balls a golfer would be too embarrassed to go recover. As a golfer there is a ZERO percent chance Id have bought in that location. I did buy one on the next tee. No chance of a ball coming close. I could see the golfers from a tad behind them as they teed off.

Almost saw a hole in one on par 4 yesterday. Main tee was being repaired so we were playing it around 270 yards. I smoked it down the fairway to around 50 yards. The younger guy drew it in to 4 feet or so. He missed the eagle putt.

My current house is a block off of the golf course and I have had four balls in my yard in six years. Two in the pool and two in the front yard.
Order from chaos
DRich
DRich
August 23rd, 2021 at 7:22:03 PM permalink
My wife flew down to Port Charlotte today and the house we made an offer on was a dud. Time to start over. She will be home tonight and we have to regroup.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: