Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1404
December 31st, 2020 at 4:01:40 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Has anyone ever answered your question with, neither, and said the professor?

Nope. I've asked this question of women, but with the male characters, and they sometimes say, "I find none of the men attractive, I'd take Mary Ann." Of course, I go off on a big defense of the Professor, but it doesn't help.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
TinMan
TinMan
  • Threads: 17
December 31st, 2020 at 6:04:23 AM permalink
The NYPost has an article entitled “Tina Louise (Ginger) reveals the TRUTH about Dawn Wells.” I was expecting something scandalous or surprising. When you open the article it says (paraphrasing) “Dawn was as wonderful and kind as you expected. She was a great person and a cherished friend.” I guess the clickbait got me but happy to read something positive and nice.
If anyone gives you 10,000 to 1 on anything, you take it. If John Mellencamp ever wins an Oscar, I am going to be a very rich dude.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
December 31st, 2020 at 6:19:04 AM permalink
Although I became a Mary Ann guy at some point...I think I got my first boner ever watching Ginger :)
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
December 31st, 2020 at 7:19:35 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Take a look at this pic and I think it is clear whos more attractive.

It is okay Axel, we are tolerant here. Just go ahead and say that Gilligan looks hot here, we won't think any less of you.
Order from chaos
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 207
December 31st, 2020 at 8:53:13 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: Wizard

I think Ginger has the higher eye-candy factor, but it's close. I think every man seems to choose Mary Ann is she seems more approachable and down to earth.

Ginger looks fake. Mary Ann looks real. That is the difference.

Ginger comes off as the kind that will just leave you for someone better looking that makes more money at the first chance.

I call BS. She lived on the Island for years, alongside a billionaire with a spinster of a wife and never made a move on him.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 266
December 31st, 2020 at 9:20:13 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: Wizard

I think Ginger has the higher eye-candy factor, but it's close. I think every man seems to choose Mary Ann is she seems more approachable and down to earth.

Ginger comes off as the kind that will just leave you for someone better looking that makes more money at the first chance.

I call BS. She lived on the Island for years, alongside a billionaire with a spinster of a wife and never made a move on him.

I always was suspicious of Gilligan and the Skipper close relationship. I mean 15 years on an island?

And then they desired to simply return and continue their lifestyle?

And had a visit from the Harlem Globetrotters?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
December 31st, 2020 at 9:46:31 AM permalink
I've never heard a woman asked "Gilligan or the Skipper?"
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
December 31st, 2020 at 9:50:27 AM permalink
Ms. Wells was in a classic horror movie- The Town that Dreaded Sundown. I was lucky enough to see it at a drive-thru in 1976/77 and again a few years later at the now legendary Uniondale Mini-Cinema. In the days before Halloween reinvented the horror genre, it was an outstanding film. I see they made a remake which is easily available but the original is well worth hunting down
EdCollins
EdCollins
  • Threads: 19
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyph
December 31st, 2020 at 10:20:54 AM permalink
I was saddened to hear about Dawn's death yesterday. I had the pleasure of meeting her back in 1983 or possibly 1984. At the time I was the manager of a small movie theatre on Hollywood Blvd. She and a couple of her girlfriends came in one day, to watch whatever movie we were showing at the time. I was able to chat with her for a few minutes after the show, before she left. As you might expect, she was an absolute doll.

I'm not too big on autographs, but I guess I asked her for hers since she gave it to me, which of course I still have. ("Ed, A special hello! - Dawn Wells") Like many people, I literally grew up watching reruns of Gilligan's Island.

Because she was four years younger than Louise, I always figured Dawn would eventually be the last surviving cast member of the show. Nope. Not anymore.

I also met Teri Garr and Gretchen Corbett at that same theatre. Hopefully they are both doing okay.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 173
December 31st, 2020 at 11:15:04 AM permalink

So, MaryAnn needs glasses.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.

• Jump to: