Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
May 17th, 2021 at 2:37:56 PM permalink
Just dropped below 2 in the AH. And again! this DID make it back above 4, for about the fifth time since DarkOz bot into it. And it is now once again, sadly, below 2.

CytoDyn shares plummet after FDA blasts the biotech for cherry picking COVID-19 data

This, from a month ago, might have been the harbinger of doom.
CytoDyn's chief scientific officer Rahman quietly exits amid leronlimab limbo
Last edited by: MDawg on May 17, 2021
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 17th, 2021 at 4:36:13 PM permalink
Tesla could rebound, I don't want to be stuck ideologically to this. All this started with me on 4/30 when the stock jumped on delusional hope, paired with a general taint of being vastly overvalued. It keeps eroding but not enough. Might need some specific bad news on an already day to plunge tempting $500s. It's such a yo-you, someone must be making a killing. By the time I notice predictability, it will be something new and too late. Overall it does seem easier for me to envision going down, but it's almost 50/50 either way. I really can't envision the love though. The autodriving isn't there, though. What's the Utopian vision you're seeing? Where is this exrra 550 billion/trillion coming from? Why should it touch $700 again?
I am a robot.
MDawg
MDawg
May 17th, 2021 at 4:43:26 PM permalink
It'll hit $1200. eventually, not just $700. Industry leader. Share ownerships are merely being reshuffled right now is all.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 17th, 2021 at 5:00:34 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

It'll hit $1200. eventually, not just $700. Industry leader. Share ownerships are merely being reshuffled right now is all.

I expected more from you than that. It's possible you just don't care to sell it, but you're not selling it. What do you mean eventually? Even in 1-2 years is quite a promise. This is .com bubble insanity. Maybe if they take on a competitor or 2 in a merger, and that's it. I'm almost literally cringing right now like there is a sour taste in my mouth and I want to spit it out.
I am a robot.
MDawg
MDawg
May 18th, 2021 at 11:29:32 AM permalink
AMZN annoying today, up something like forty at one point then gradually goes red.

No trades today, getting close to the bell, so probably will leave it alone today.

I had a trading order in for TSLA at 561 but it never got that low.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 18th, 2021 at 11:50:34 AM permalink

AMZN annoying today, up something like forty at one point then gradually goes red.

No trades today, getting close to the bell, so probably will leave it alone today.

I had a trading order in for TSLA at 561 but it never got that low.

$561 so dangerous. Either the bottom or the top. The floor could come out. You could buy at $561 and see it $540 almost instantaneous. IDK, seems risky. If anything just hold if you're so LT bullish.
I am a robot.
MDawg
MDawg
May 18th, 2021 at 11:59:40 AM permalink
In case I haven't been clear - for all of these stocks I trade, I hold very long term shares.

Apples and Oranges.

Trading. Long term.

I hodl the long term, and I trade additional shares occasionally.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 18th, 2021 at 12:09:51 PM permalink

In case I haven't been clear - for all of these stocks I trade, I hold very long term shares.

Apples and Oranges.

Trading. Long term.

I hodl the long term, and I trade additional shares occasionally.

If you buy and sell in 10 minutes, that's not long term. I understand you if a quick day trade doesn't work, you just ignore it and it becomes your long term hold and you move on.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 18th, 2021 at 5:49:37 PM permalink

PS I can see TSLA selling credits to BTC miners, but they kind of don't like him now.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on May 18, 2021
I am a robot.
MDawg
MDawg
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
May 18th, 2021 at 11:57:24 PM permalink
Uh...is it hard to make you understand, or are you just not understanding.

I have held a large number of shares of TSLA continuously for something like four years. A large number of shares of AMZN for much longer than that. A large number of shares of NFLX longer than AMZN. A massive amount of shares of AAPL for much longer than NFLX. Etc. Etc. I hold a couple dozen stocks very long term, continuously, most of them held continuously something like 15 years.

Long term for me means years and years.

I trade additional shares of some of the stocks I hold very long term.

Long term. Trading. Two different things. I do both.

Do I need to draw a diagram?  😇

My advice to you is to buy and hold, if trading is not working out for you. Trading isn't for everyone.
MDawg
MDawg
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
May 19th, 2021 at 6:56:53 AM permalink
We have more red action today. Up from the lows at least though.

I was going to trade COIN at around 210 but it got away from me too fast. Woulda been nice.
MDawg
MDawg
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
May 19th, 2021 at 7:12:21 AM permalink
My advice: do not try to trade cryptos. Hodl, and hodl Bitcoin only!

It's hard enough trying to trade currencies, let alone crypto currencies.
MDawg
MDawg
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
May 20th, 2021 at 8:43:39 AM permalink
Tech green today.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
May 20th, 2021 at 2:43:34 PM permalink

Tech green today.

Yeah. Finally a plus day. I checked my ‘open orders’. I have ‘long term’ 90 shares of TSLA remaining. I promise my wife some useless expensive gift, like shoes or a purse, if it hits a specific high...... I noticed when it was $700+ I put in a sell order of... $895.... it looks funny in there.... at least TSLA near $600. Wife stuck at 124 pairs of shoes, 74purses....

In my ‘trading’ TSLA I am stuck with 20 at I think $680 or do.... down $2k.....
MDawg
MDawg
May 20th, 2021 at 2:47:48 PM permalink
Yes, with a stock like AMZN for example, just 100 shares and next thing you know you're down ten grand...it may happen in just...a day!

TSLA typically doesn't pop or drop as much, but over time, even 20 shares may start to drag....

Anyway, other than averaging in more shares, which you probably should have done earlier this week if you were going to, you're in the stock so nothing you may do now other than ride it out.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 20th, 2021 at 2:50:49 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Tech green today.

Yeah. Finally a plus day. I checked my ‘open orders’. I have ‘long term’ 90 shares of TSLA remaining. I promise my wife some useless expensive gift, like shoes or a purse, if it hits a specific high...... I noticed when it was $700+ I put in a sell order of... $895.... it looks funny in there.... at least TSLA near $600. Wife stuck at 124 pairs of shoes, 74purses....

In my ‘trading’ TSLA I am stuck with 20 at I think $680 or do.... down $2k.....

BTC will have to remain stable or it will not happen. If it drops, things will cascade. IMO. Common sentiment they are correlated.
I am a robot.
MDawg
MDawg
May 21st, 2021 at 8:24:38 AM permalink
It's iffy out there with some stocks. I managed two AMZN trades, 3235 to 3236, and 3215 to 3216.

I expect there will be quite a bit of shuffling of share ownership before AMZN gets back over 3400, and TSLA back over 700.
MDawg
MDawg
May 21st, 2021 at 8:22:46 PM permalink
BTC dropped off again, but I am sure this will all appear as a blip on the way to 100K in retrospect.

AMZN too, is misbehaving of late, but will be over 4000 someday.
MDawg
MDawg
May 23rd, 2021 at 9:42:39 AM permalink
Blood on the streets in cryptos again.

If you're trading cryptos - which I advise AGAINST anyway, you're probably getting hurt.

As for us very long term hodlers - eh, it's a paper loss and a few years from now this will all seem like a distant memory as BTC roars to 300K or so.

I will tell you right now that many of the alt coins will go to ZERO and never recover. The industry leader like bitcoin will always come out on top in the long run.
MDawg
MDawg
May 23rd, 2021 at 9:29:28 PM permalink
What a lot of people don't understand is that there must be a completed transaction, a buy and a sell, for the price of a stock, commodity or currency, to change.

Yes, the falling price of bitcoin lately is due to that more people are trying to sell than buy, but there must be buyers out there for the price to be affected in the first place. If everyone lined up to sell bitcoin and there were no buyers at all, the price would not change at all.

And secondly, what many don't realize, is that it is this changing of hands of ownerships that often leads to the price being taken back up, much higher, later. There are limited shares available in a company's stock, or in this case, of bitcoin, and once the weaker hands have dumped, the price is often driven back up partly because the new buyers, having bought at a lower price, are typically unwilling to let go so easily once they are in the green.

As well, typically retail traders are the ones who dump more easily and then institutions scoop up their shares, or bitcoin, or whatever at a discount and hold much longer term. You often read conspiracy theories on the internet about how such and such stock was spooked with news from such and such big institution just to shake loose shares so that they may buy cheaper, and while there is little to any of these conspiracy theories as far as specific intent to lower a stock's price just to buy it lower for themselves, this "theory" is somewhat based on fact in that - as noted - institutions do often pick up something, at a discount, that retail has dumped.
MDawg
MDawg
May 24th, 2021 at 7:47:56 AM permalink
Yet another relief rally in progress, hope it sticks!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 24th, 2021 at 12:53:39 PM permalink

Yet another relief rally in progress, hope it sticks!

What do you mean by ‘relief rally’? I’m just happy to be significantly green today.
MDawg
MDawg
May 25th, 2021 at 6:17:38 AM permalink
A relief rally is simply a buying rally following a sell off.

Versus say, days on end when the market goes up...which is what we hope starts happening again.
MDawg
MDawg
May 25th, 2021 at 11:59:57 AM permalink
With AMZN, two rumors are fueling it lately (1) that AMZN will buy MGM, (2) that AMZN will split. The latter is an old rumor, but people are hoping that it may become a reality at the investor's meeting tomorrow. Along with clarification about the MGM buyout.

I retain my very long term AMZN shares, will never sell.

Today's trading:
Meantime, I did two large share lot trades on AMZN today: 3253 to 3254. 3233 to 3234.

That looks very neat and tidy, but believe me it wasn't.

When I first bot the 3253 shares (1000 shares), I entered the sell at 3255. Was looking to book two grand. The bottom fell out, and I lowered the sell to 3254. It did briefly TOUCH 3254, but I got a partial fill only - 250 shares, leaving 750 shares at 3253.

It kept going down, I put in a do or die cost average order to buy another 750 sh @ 3233. It filled, I entered an order to dump all 1500 sh @ 3244, but to my amazement AMZN dropped all the way to 3213 and change. So, I gave up on the averaging in trade and dumped the 3233 shares at 3234. So that was $750., profit, but in the meantime I was hemorrhaging red on the 3253 shares. I decided to re-enter a sell order at 3254, on the 750 sh left from the first trade, and, amazingly again, the order filled, and AMZN is now nicely green (which makes my long term AMZN shares smile).

I did note that buyers were there not allowing the stock to drop much (other than that sudden drop from about 3240 to 3213 (maybe Bezos dumping again??)), so I had faith that I would not lose on this trade. And I didn't.

Anyway, $1750. booked.

SooPoo, TSLA is at least over 600 again. 700 will arrive again eventually, just be patient.

COIN rallying too. (I have no position since I sold at a profit couple weeks ago.)
MDawg
MDawg
May 26th, 2021 at 10:22:36 AM permalink

With AMZN, two rumors are fueling it lately (1) that AMZN will buy MGM, (2) that AMZN will split. The latter is an old rumor, but people are hoping that it may become a reality at the investor's meeting tomorrow. Along with clarification about the MGM buyout.

The MGM deal has been negotiated, pending of course anti-trust review.

No word on the AMZN stock split. That rumor has been circulating for years, but is especially intense right now.

Market nicely green today.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
May 26th, 2021 at 12:39:16 PM permalink

SooPoo, TSLA is at least over 600 again. 700 will arrive again eventually, just be patient.

COIN rallying too. (I have no position since I sold at a profit couple weeks ago.)

I made a small $$$ on a COIN trade. But my long term COIN is in at $325. So quite down. My TSLA trade is in at around $685, so still down as well. My next TSLA ‘I have to buy my wife something that makes no sense’ point has now been agreed on as $1000. So no jewelry here for a whole. She has been looking at a 15-20 carat Amethyst, which would be around $5k.
MDawg
MDawg
June 26th, 2021 at 10:39:03 AM permalink
AMZN DID make it over 3500, as predicted, but already dropped a hundred points. I don't see this as returning to the 3300s this time though. Earnings are coming up, and...just in general...too many people are predicting a drop like before, and as we know, things rarely turn out the way the masses predict.

BTC cut in half though from its ATH. Just hodl! and don't even think about it. For those of us who entered years ago, it's still sky high, relatively. You can't ever gauge the absolute top anyway.
Bitcoin will go all the way to $160,000 this year

SooPoo you still holding COIN I assume?

The latest stock hype around the internet revolves around WISH. I bought some watch related accessories from them once, and the items weren't quite what I expected, and they simply refunded and let me keep without returning, so they do have good customer service anyway. I have not bot any stock yet.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
June 26th, 2021 at 12:10:46 PM permalink
I got out the Market in 2005 about a year or so before it crashed, and I stayed out until the middle of last year. When the price of oil cratered and Exxon (XOM) went down to the low $40's, I jumped back in for that one stock. Bought a bunch in my IRA. It is now at $64+ with oil projected to to $100 a barrel in the next year. Can't wait. I am currently up about 50% and will consider selling off when the stock hits $80+ which should happen if the oil price reaches that price range. The good news is there is no capital gains in a IRA just ordinary income when dispersed or redeemed. WOOOHOOO

tuttigym
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
June 26th, 2021 at 2:07:17 PM permalink
Welcome back MDawg. I still own my 5 original shares of COIN at $325. Oh well. I did a small trade for an hour or so on I think 100 shares and made something like $100-200. Can’t remember exactly. My overall portfolio is at an ATH. So no stock market complaints.

Now get TSLA back over $700 for me!
MDawg
MDawg
June 27th, 2021 at 10:59:22 AM permalink
Well 5 shares of COIN - no biggie. My account was at at ATH too but when AMZN dumped 100 points recently that took me below the highest point again.

TSLA is doing better than AMZN, lately.
MDawg
MDawg
June 27th, 2021 at 9:26:26 PM permalink
Futures aren't red, which is nice anyway.

MDawg
MDawg
June 28th, 2021 at 8:08:12 AM permalink
AMZN rallied today, fortunatey, because I was stuck in some trading shares @3421 I had bot on Friday that I unloaded today at a nice profit.

AMZN earnings: July 28, 2021. I could almost guarantee that it'll be above 3500 again at some point before that date.

TSLA running again today too, pushing 690 at the moment.
MDawg
MDawg
June 29th, 2021 at 9:59:02 AM permalink
AMZN today anywhere from -13 to +13.

The buyers are snapping up the dips, evidently, which bodes well for a run back to 3500 before earnings.
MDawg
MDawg
July 6th, 2021 at 10:41:52 AM permalink

AMZN earnings: July 28, 2021. I could almost guarantee that it'll be above 3500 again at some point before that date.

The buyers are snapping up the dips, evidently, which bodes well for a run back to 3500 before earnings.

As advertised!

AMZN roaring to a new ATH. My long term AMZN is loving it.

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 6th, 2021 at 1:37:52 PM permalink
AMZN was my second best stock today. Unfortunately the losers crushed the winners. Down a bunch of your baccarat markers overall! I hate when I underperform ‘the market’, but I certainly did today.

We talk TSLA a bunch. They are being sued for a fatal accident allegedly related to some ‘auto drive’ function. I read the article. The front row sitting 15 year old was NOT wearing a seat belt and was ejected when his car collided with a Tesla. The parents must be proud that they allowed their kid to be in the car unbelted. Better sue someone else…..

My smart son says Tesla auto drive technology will result in around 90% fewer fatal accidents than cars without. But the 10% will of course blame TSLA.

Any prediction at all when (if) it hits 700 again?
MDawg
MDawg
July 6th, 2021 at 1:43:33 PM permalink
With TSLA the theme continues where it drops due to this or that bad news, then inevitably rebounds.

I think we should be above 700 relatively soon, but over 800 may take a while. We actually hit above 700 the other day if I'm not mistaken, right? but it fell again (again, due to "this or that").
MDawg
MDawg
July 6th, 2021 at 7:32:40 PM permalink
Anyway it's doing much better than some stocks that have been advocated at WOV, including one that pretty much just hit its 52 week low.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 7th, 2021 at 10:38:54 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

MDAWG adventures. Permanently hidden!

The definition of trolling. Adding nothing to this thread. Just posting like a petulant child. Hijacking as well.

MDawg…. You don’t fear a “long term” downturn of even good companies due to inflation, out of control government borrowing, corporate tax hikes, etc?
MDawg
MDawg
July 7th, 2021 at 10:46:11 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

MDawg…. You don’t fear a “long term” downturn of even good companies due to inflation, out of control government borrowing, corporate tax hikes, etc?

Well, it does seem that every time my account (or yours) hits a new ATH, that SOMETHING rattles the markets, no? But so far, none of that rattling seems to be long term. Market seems to always recover to give us yet another ATH.

I saw two different alerts pass across my iPhone screen this morning...one to the effect of "inflation fears easing" and the other something about how "today's stock market resembles the 1990s tech bubble." Both were of course, just opinions.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 7th, 2021 at 10:49:09 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

So you are calling me a troll?

Personal insult

Dark…. You know I like you! But seriously, Mike has acquiesced to the will of the Forum and made it more difficult to access the mathematically challenged threads. It was just rude of you to come to a chatty thread about stocks to gloat over the other thread being hidden.

And as per the warped interpretations here, I didn’t call you a troll, I said the post you made was trolling.
MDawg
MDawg
July 7th, 2021 at 10:54:33 AM permalink
When my portfolio goes down it is often because of AMZN. I have a lot of AMZN long term, and then occasionally (obviously, not right now, with AMZN hitting new ATHs) I get stuck in some additional trading shares of AMZN that I have to hold until it comes back up. So, absent AMZN's tanking, I'm not too worried. Yes, I have a lot of other long term stocks but most of those are not nearly as volatile as AMZN. Even TSLA, which I also hold long term, with its ups and downs, doesn't move as violently as AMZN.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 7th, 2021 at 3:32:02 PM permalink
In the biomedical field I really like the science behind CRISPR. Gene editing will be the future but I don't know if CRISPR will lead the way or not. I bought some thinking that in 5 years hopefully it will double.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
July 7th, 2021 at 4:04:24 PM permalink
I have a couple of friends that are research scientists. Have been singing CRSPR praises for years. Wish I could easily trade individual stocks.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
July 7th, 2021 at 5:58:49 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

I have a couple of friends that are research scientists. Have been singing CRSPR praises for years. Wish I could easily trade individual stocks.

Why can't you trade individual stocks?
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
July 7th, 2021 at 6:01:37 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Why can't you trade individual stocks?

I can but it’s a lot of red tape at work. Easier to just buy ETFs.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
July 8th, 2021 at 5:37:12 AM permalink
Bloodbath today. Pretty much ALL of my stocks are down in pre market. I haven’t seen it this bad since the beginning of the pandemic induced rout. I think I’ll pass on looking until the close..
MDawg
MDawg
July 8th, 2021 at 9:05:21 AM permalink

Well, it does seem that every time my account (or yours) hits a new ATH, that SOMETHING rattles the markets, no?

We're already off the lows, but general economic recovery fears are the "something" that hit the markets today.
MDawg
MDawg
July 8th, 2021 at 10:17:32 AM permalink
Okay - look at that! AMZN went from minus something like -75 to +37. That's what I'm talking 'bout!

TSLA just turned green too!
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
July 8th, 2021 at 10:28:07 AM permalink
Anybody notice their local bank branches are going out of business? That coin shortage must be making them irrelevant.
MDawg
MDawg
July 8th, 2021 at 6:27:18 PM permalink
Well, you could answer DRich's question because you have analyzed the stock more than I have.

I do know that the last time it dropped below 2 or almost to 2 it rocketed back up, but this is like an almost triple bottom this year for the stock...no? I mean AMZN hit the 3100s two or three times this year and look at where it is now (around 3700), but then again, that's AMZN, which seems to just go up over time no matter what.
  • Jump to: