Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
February 22nd, 2021 at 9:42:40 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Meantime back at the CYDY ranch, it's below 5 again, and was as low as 3.85 today.

The beginning of the end, or just another dip?
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4407813-cytodyn-reliable-in-all-wrong-places

Shorts trying to drive the price down before trial results destroy them.

Trial results are coming soon
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
February 22nd, 2021 at 10:17:56 AM permalink
MD... TSLA ‘on sale’ now at $740! You trading it today?
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
February 22nd, 2021 at 11:17:07 AM permalink
Hi! No (been trading AMZN today), but I have declared that anyone who wants to buy and hold TSLA for a while should hit the button if it drops below 730 today.

Mr Valentine has set the price.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/83bfad27-0640-4134-be72-95903480d352
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 7:40:34 AM permalink
Whole market is in a sell off today (recovered quite well from the lows though), and CYDY is no exception.

DOz back to ground zero now, he could have sold at a profit three times so far and did not. I suppose you're going to just hold and hope for another pop now?
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 7:46:29 AM permalink
Did pick up some extra trading shares of TSLA at 658 today. Was holding it at a heavy loss for a while there though!

Looks like TSLA may go back over 700 soon enough....

darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 7:49:54 AM permalink

Whole market is in a sell off today (recovered quite well from the lows though), and CYDY is no exception.

DOz back to ground zero now, could have sold at a profit three times so far and did not. I suppose you're going to just hold and hope for another pop now?

Nothing has changed.

Success or failure rides on trial results which haven't been made public yet.

The science is what will make this and the science is still good.

You yourself believe stocks go up and down so why would this not go up if the science proves itself?

Please explain your logic.

Penny stock theory (they can't be good) versus science is your only apparent rationale. I'm betting on science to best your penny stocks theory
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 7:56:45 AM permalink
Not sure why you keep calling it "science" though. By that theory every biotech would be a good buy...or for that matter, every technology stock. Isn't technology based on science too?

You might more correctly say that you believe in THEIR (CYDY's) science.

Just for future reference though, it's one thing to not sell at stock at its high when it's already hit far out of the park for you with a home run (such as with my AMZN and TSLA and other stocks I have held long term), and quite another to watch it go to a profit and then back to even or a loss repeatedly and not take any action. For example, say you were in at an average 3.5, you could have sold half at 7 and had a free roll of stock with which to gamble.
darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:06:07 AM permalink

Not sure why you keep calling it "science" though. By that theory every biotech would be a good buy...or for that matter, every technology stock. Isn't technology based on science too?

You might more correctly say that you believe in THEIR (CYDY's) science.

Science is science. Your statement above is nonsensical.

Scientific theory behind anything gets tested and if proven becomes accepted.

Let me go on a limb here. Mathematics works on the same principles. Proven math works.

There is no your math versus my math.

Of course someone who routinely beats negative expectation games every day they play might have difficulty with that concept
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:10:00 AM permalink
There are ways to play...and ways not to play...and watching a risky penny stock go to 7 and back to 4 three times without taking any action is not the way to play. It doesn't represent any sort of smart trading, or investing.

As I mentioned above, if you had a double at any point you could have sold half and held a free roll with which to gamble. And it's not like you failed to take any action once - you had three such opportunities (or was it four??) for maybe not a double, but still a nice profit, and did nothing.

So now you're all the way back to ground zero three times, and if that doesn't bother you, you're destined to repeat the same again.
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:19:28 AM permalink
I just had 500 sh of TSLA for a trade @ 658. I watched it go to 705 and was hoping for higher. When it fell back, I dumped at 696. No I didn't get the high of the day, but I also didn't just sit there and watch it go lower (it's at 685 now). That's the way you do it - devoid of emotion, playing the market.

I don't look back now even if it does later go back over 700, but at least I booked a solid profit, that was a huge trade for a day trade.
darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:26:21 AM permalink

There are ways to play...and ways not to play...and watching a risky penny stock go to 7 and back to 4 three times without taking any action is not the way to play. It doesn't represent any sort of smart trading, or investing.

As I mentioned above, if you had a double at any point you could have sold half and held a free roll with which to gamble. And it's not like you failed to take any action once - you had three such opportunities (or was it four??) for maybe not a double, but still a nice profit, and did nothing.

So now you're all the way back to ground zero three times, and if that doesn't bother you, you're destined to repeat the same again.

Nope smart move is to wait for the science of you believe in it.

Why would I sell one share if I believe the science is going to be successful and this stock is going to skyrocket?

I would be kicking myself if I sold half my shares at $7 and then watched it go to $30
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:45:20 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Nope smart move is to wait for the science of you believe in it.

Why would I sell one share if I believe the science is going to be successful and this stock is going to skyrocket?

I would be kicking myself if I sold half my shares at $7 and then watched it go to $30

You are different from MDawg and me. In that you own a single stock that you believe will go through the roof. I am more concerned about holding too long. There is a phrase ‘no one ever went broke taking profits’.

I think for your first run at this.... if you were able to double.... sell half... then you have half for as long as you want for a ‘free ride’. I’m not saying it makes any ‘economic’ sense, but it certainly makes me feel better when the stock comes tumbling down. I sold a small amount of my TLRY last week or so at $70. It’s around $20 now. I am not implying you ‘trade’ your CYDY, just sell 1/2.... and enjoy the rest of the ride...
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:54:20 AM permalink
What I love about Soopoo is that he sees the light and is willing to learn from the past. And uses the phrase "different from" correctly.  😄
darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 8:57:36 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

You are different from MDawg and me. In that you own a single stock that you believe will go through the roof. I am more concerned about holding too long. There is a phrase ‘no one ever went broke taking profits’.

I think for your first run at this.... if you were able to double.... sell half... then you have half for as long as you want for a ‘free ride’. I’m not saying it makes any ‘economic’ sense, but it certainly makes me feel better when the stock comes tumbling down. I sold a small amount of my TLRY last week or so at $70. It’s around $20 now. I am not implying you ‘trade’ your CYDY, just sell 1/2.... and enjoy the rest of the ride...

Well, I don't intend to take my stock advice from a self-proclaimed Baccarat master.

If it goes below $3 I am prepping to buy more!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:01:12 AM permalink

What I love about Soopoo is that he sees the light and is willing to learn from the past. And uses the phrase "different from" correctly.  😄

Thanks. I think in my career, it probably made me my ‘best’ 20 years into my career. You learn from each difficult case, or mistakes you made in an easy case. I guess it applies to life in general as well.

As I said, this is dark’s first stock foray. He has gone from homeless to being a successful AP. He will learn from his first stock experience, and if he chooses to, I have no doubt will be successful. It’s not that difficult, really.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:19:13 AM permalink
I am more like Darkoz. Once I buy I usually hold for a long period. I probably sell two stocks a year.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:21:49 AM permalink
Blue chip sure. Penny stocks, no.

Sounds like you do sell at some point. Why? This seems contradictory to me given your seeming kinship with DarkO's holding CYDY long term. My very long terms I do not sell at all, but again, these are top stocks that have made it out of the park for me with home runs. I'd never bother with any penny stock to begin with if I had a long term disposition. Penny stocks are OTC, or worse, OTC pink.

Why sell at all? When do you decide to sell? And if you do sell, then why would you think it okay to hold a risky penny stock that has three or four times dropped back to a loss when it was once at a profit.
darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:34:45 AM permalink

Sounds like you do sell at some point. Why? This seems contradictory to me given your seeming kinship with DarkO's holding CYDY long term. My very long terms I do not sell at all, but again, these are top stocks that have made it out of the park for me with home runs. I'd never bother with any penny stock to begin with if I had a long term disposition. Penny stocks are OTC, or worse, OTC pink.

Why sell at all? When do you decide to sell? And if you do sell, then why would you think it okay to hold a risky penny stock that has three or four times dropped back to a loss when it was once at a profit.

Because it's dropped three times on no news!!!!!!!!

We are waiting for the scientific news to be released.

Everything else, all the SP movements are just weak hands taking a few hunny profit cause they are scared (like you are of penny stocks)

No one who believes in their investment is worried about prices until the news comes out.

I don't know why you are having difficulty with this concept
MDawg
MDawg
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:38:46 AM permalink
I was asking DRich not you. He mentioned that he sells twice a year.

You aren't here to listen. We get where you are coming from. Good luck.
darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 9:48:17 AM permalink

I was asking DRich not you. He mentioned that he sells twice a year.

You aren't here to listen. We get where you are coming from. Good luck.

Right!

I'm not listening to you!
DRich
DRich
February 23rd, 2021 at 10:11:58 AM permalink

I bought $1000 worth of CYDY as a lark since Darkoz has it. If it goes to $0 so be it. That is the only penny stock that I have. After three years I will take a look at it and decide what to do. It is a small part of my Etrade portfolio, to me the $1000 is a gamble that I will probably lose but might get lucky.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
February 23rd, 2021 at 2:10:47 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I bought $1000 worth of CYDY as a lark since Darkoz has it. If it goes to $0 so be it. That is the only penny stock that I have. After three years I will take a look at it and decide what to do. It is a small part of my Etrade portfolio, to me the $1000 is a gamble that I will probably lose but might get lucky.

There is an entire thread about it, but bought a penny stock, GLXZ, and it’s up around 12x since I bought it. Not a fortune, but I’ve sold some when it first hit 10x and made real money.

Another one, CBIS—- Bankrupt
NTEK. Bankrupt.

It’s been a while, but I’ve bought other bottom feeders that have ‘something’ of value. And they end up being bought by a ‘good’ company and I made nice profits. I’m sure there are some (not me) who make boatloads targeting some penny stocks.
DRich
DRich
February 23rd, 2021 at 5:55:36 PM permalink

There is an entire thread about it, but bought a penny stock, GLXZ, and it’s up around 12x since I bought it. Not a fortune, but I’ve sold some when it first hit 10x and made real money.

Another one, CBIS—- Bankrupt
NTEK. Bankrupt.

It’s been a while, but I’ve bought other bottom feeders that have ‘something’ of value. And they end up being bought by a ‘good’ company and I made nice profits. I’m sure there are some (not me) who make boatloads targeting some penny stocks.

I bought CYDY about a year ago at around $3. If it is at $4 after 3 years I consider it a win To me 10% a year is a success.
darkoz
darkoz
February 23rd, 2021 at 6:59:05 PM permalink
If MDawg really thought it was a no-brainer that Cytodyn would fail, he would short the stock.

MDawg would bet against me on the stock

But I think he is too afraid to do that. Scared money!
MDawg
MDawg
February 24th, 2021 at 1:32:30 PM permalink
TSLA made a good comeback today. Closing at around 742.

SooPoo you mentioned GME - are you still holding? Just doubled to 91, and it's running 118 in the A.H.! on news that its CFO just resigned. Oh well, as good a reason as any to buy buy buy for these RobinHood kids. 😅
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
February 24th, 2021 at 1:38:11 PM permalink

TSLA made a good comeback today. Closing at around 742.

SooPoo you mentioned GME - are you still holding? Just doubled to 91, and it's running 118 in the A.H.! on news that its CFO just resigned. Oh well, as good a reason as any to buy buy buy for these RobinHood kids. 😅

Since you asked.... I’m just starting to ‘trade’. I made $33.50 on my big trade. Had I waited another hour or two would have been $700. I’m trying to get the hang of this. I’m still not 100% sure I will succeed. It sort of feels like a martingale.
MDawg
MDawg
February 24th, 2021 at 2:11:54 PM permalink
See the thing with a stock like GME (or any of these volatile stocks, which may certainly include AMZN, TSLA, GOOGL, etc. at times), is that you might enter and be lucky enough for it to go straight up. But often as not, your position becomes a loser for a bit, THEN goes up, and it's hard to keep your nerve and not sell too early. But as long as you book a profit every time you can't go wrong. It might take a while before you get good enough at trading to book a profit consistently though....
darkoz
darkoz
February 24th, 2021 at 3:54:11 PM permalink

See the thing with a stock like GME (or any of these volatile stocks, which may certainly include AMZN, TSLA, GOOGL, etc. at times), is that you might enter and be lucky enough for it to go straight up. But often as not, your position becomes a loser for a bit, THEN goes up, and it's hard to keep your nerve and not sell too early. But as long as you book a profit every time you can't go wrong. It might take a while before you get good enough at trading to book a profit consistently though....

Song:

Oh where oh where has my MDawgie gone
Where oh where can he be?

When Cytodyn goes down he laughs with glee

But when Cytodyn goes up 16% my MDawgie disappears
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
February 24th, 2021 at 5:37:53 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Song:

Oh where oh where has my MDawgie gone
Where oh where can he be?

When Cytodyn goes down he laughs with glee

But when Cytodyn goes up 16% my MDawgie disappears

. No one here thinks you have ‘no chance’ of success. I am rooting hard for you. But MDawg is describing a trading concept, totally different from picking ONE stock you think will do well. The variance you have is huge. You may go pffft. You may have a 10 bagger. If somehow you think you will be able to pick overlooked stocks by some way... research... let us know!
If I hadn’t known someone who was peripherally involved in the trial, I would have bought some CYDY when you did. Congrats on the 16% today!
MDawg
MDawg
Thanked by
FTB
February 24th, 2021 at 7:59:42 PM permalink
Quite a story
The Beach Bum Who Beat Wall Street and Made Millions on GameStop

But of course there is the flip side too.
GameStop Investors Who Bet Big—and Lost Big
MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 7:13:51 AM permalink
SHORTING IS AVAILABLE on GME today. I tested it with an open order that was accepted. I cancelled it out...wish I hadn't.
MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 8:13:49 AM permalink
This morning it was WIDE OPEN, but when I entered an order to short right now,

1) The system is telling me that it might not even fill for up to fifteen minutes. Not edifying!

2) Now there is an estimated 5% borrowing shares cost imposed....

MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 8:18:35 AM permalink
Anyway, back in the real (non-GME) world, I already booked a quick fifteen hunny. I really sold myself short on that TSLA trade though...should've held it much longer.

MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 11:31:04 AM permalink
This is for you big guy. Averaging in / buying on dips are decidedly not dead!

And if you think I wanted to hold those 400 sh overnight...you're _____.

DRich
DRich
February 25th, 2021 at 1:09:05 PM permalink
Bad day for me. I lost 3.5% of my ETrade account today.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
February 25th, 2021 at 1:28:32 PM permalink

. I did better. Down around 1.8%. Due to probably more cash/bonds than you have.

My big loser play.... bought TSLA at 705 Was going to trade! Put in order to sell at 724. I still have them. I think around 675. I’m holding....I did off load some more AMC yesterday at 10.4 which was good....
MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 1:53:52 PM permalink
I actually had an order to buy 500 TSLA at 705 too! You may see it above - I cancelled it out, after I ended up stuck in the AMZN trade that I barely made it out of ahead.

But see - the TIME of the trade is what matters, not necessarily the price. As you may note, earlier in the day I bot 500 TSLA @ 709, let it go at 710 and noticed how much I left on the table, as it made it up to 717 or so. Later on, buying even at 705 was a bad idea....

Anyway I closed out one more AMZN trade just 100 sh @ 3073, and I almost got stuck in THAT too, as it dipped all the way to, what was it SooPoo, were you watching? something like 3047! before it rallied before the bell and let me out at 3073.5 It was too close to the bell and I just wanted out, so I actually lowered my sell price.

SO, I ended up booking 1750 trading wise. Long terms dropped quite a lot - that 1750 didn't even make a tiny dent in what those went down today. 😣

But see - just keep chugging away SooPoo - don't think about what your long terms are doing - just concentrate on booking profitable trades. TSLA will be back over 700 soon enough. I mean - it dipped to something like 619 the other day and made it back to the 740s by the next day or so. This week was a blur, both because of the stock market and also because, we've been out of town on a vacation for her to make her happy before we go on my vacation - to VEGAS. I've managed to book trades in the mornings all week, but I got caught up a bit in today's trading and was in it right up until the bell.

As far as the DROP - this is the way it is usually, unfortunately, during these panics. When we have a "too fast" recovery we end up double dipping to a second new low, before a more sustained recovery rolls in. The too fast recovery was probably two days ago.

There is all sorts of crazy negative talk during these panics. Just plug your ears and hold on.

vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
February 25th, 2021 at 2:46:36 PM permalink
10 year yield is rising. If this continues stocks will be under pressure.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
MDawg
MDawg
February 25th, 2021 at 2:58:11 PM permalink
True.

On the other hand, something or other always spooks the markets and then next thing you know, we're back at ATHs.

Another way to look at it is that it seems like lately every time we plan another long Vegas trip, the market is in a temporary downturn. 🥴

A third perspective is that it was overbought and we weren't entitled to all those free wheeling dollars....

I think bottom line is that you can't look at where your account was and where it is today as a "loss." Just consider how well it has done in the past year, etc. And keep plugging away with the trades.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
February 25th, 2021 at 3:24:38 PM permalink
I do agree with your points. If you did not make money lately you should not be in the market. So many over priced stocks right now. Lots of new people getting into the markets since Covid who are more into gambling that than investing. They will pay their dues sooner or later.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
February 25th, 2021 at 3:42:01 PM permalink

. I did better. Down around 1.8%. Due to probably more cash/bonds than you have.

Don't worry guys.
As Mr Martingale would say. . . Just Average Down.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 25th, 2021 at 3:47:12 PM permalink

I think bottom line is that you can't look at where your account was and where it is today as a "loss." Just consider how well it has done in the past year, etc. And keep plugging away with the trades.

Or flip that... After a profitable day/session...
You can't look at where your account was and where it is today as a "profit." Just consider how badly it has done in the past year, etc. And...
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
MDawg
MDawg
February 26th, 2021 at 7:55:29 AM permalink
If you're trading today SooPoo, be careful. I bot 500 TSLA at 685 which I assumed was going to be the bottom for that time, then it dropped and dropped, so I bot 500 more at 661, entered an order to sell all 1000 @ 674 to make a grand and get the h. out. Averaging in, you quite understand!

I got a partial on the 500, which made sense as it barely touched 674, but then on the second pass it hit above 675 and still my order notification stayed open for half an hour, and by then it had dumped back to 661 or so!

Anyway, I couldn't get through on the phone or secure message, finally on chat they told me that the entire 1000 had filled.

It's crazy out there today, delayed notifications of fills, all that!

MDawg
MDawg
February 26th, 2021 at 7:57:46 AM permalink
Of course now I wish I HADN'T got a fill. It's 681 now. 🤓

Still, my clue that I had a fill for all shares was that when it hit 675 and change I tried to cancel the sell order (to try to sell the second lot at higher than 674) and it would not let me....

P.S. I noticed TSLA hit 706 so, for at least a moment anyway, you were in the green on your TSLA @ 705 from yesterday.
MDawg
MDawg
February 26th, 2021 at 8:12:19 AM permalink
TSLA 688 again now.

See, that's what I mean about how I know what I'm doing here and my original intuition and intended sales price, even before averaging in, is usually right. I bot at 685 intending to sell a 686 for a quick sale. I could have done that today.

But by averaging in, I merely...hedged my bet (increased the probability of a fill today) and lowered the price TSLA needed to hit for me to make my bones. Which I ended up booking a grand anyway instead of five hunny.
MDawg
MDawg
February 26th, 2021 at 8:15:00 AM permalink
Let's face it, the MDawg course on stock trading should be $100K. That charlatan Tim Sykes has nothing on me. He makes his money off (1) tuition, (2) buying penny stocks ahead of pumping them to his students. I make actual money trading, real stocks not pennies, without any need for pump and dump, which on the big stocks I trade the volume is so high that one guy (unless he's George Soros or the equivalent) couldn't push them anywhere anyway.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
February 26th, 2021 at 8:29:29 AM permalink
I got second shot (Moderna) yesterday. Barely slept last night. So just woke up from nap. Will check the carnage now!
MDawg
MDawg
February 26th, 2021 at 8:34:39 AM permalink
Hope you feel better!

No, we're okay now. Not at the highs but definitely far off the lows.
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
February 26th, 2021 at 3:19:59 PM permalink
The GBP might still be a buy. I bought around 1.25 and will sell at 1.50. Closed at 1.39 today
It’s all about making that GTA
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 26th, 2021 at 4:14:40 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

The GBP might still be a buy. I bought around 1.25 and will sell at 1.50. Closed at 1.39 today

Aw cheers. Drive up the value of my lovely coins.
It was not so long ago that the $/£ rate was 1.20 Your currency has slid rather a lot in recent years against both the GBP and the Euro.
Presumably that will manifest as inflation for you guys, especially on imports.
  • Jump to: