Thread Rating:

heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 110
May 15th, 2019 at 4:53:21 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Mom orders a candle shaped like a "5" for her child's birthday cake from local store online. They didn't have a "5" so sent her a "2","2" and a "1".

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/08/mums-anger-tesco-substitutes-5-birthday-candle-two-2s-1-9458160/

THIS is how you know people are stupid. you get 3 candles for the price of one and then make an article out of it when you could have been trading two candles for money to buy or trade for a 5 and a 6 because next year is coming too
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 218
May 15th, 2019 at 1:24:31 PM permalink
USA Fertility Rate down to 1.7 per woman.

Quote:

The provisional report, released Wednesday and based on more than 99% of U.S. birth records, found 3.788 million births last year. It was the fourth year the number of births has fallen, the lowest since 1986 and a surprise to some experts given the improving economy.

I think it is safe to say that society has now changed and the USA in headed in the demographic direction of Europe/Japan. People who want a family are now in the distinct minority. Way in the minority if we took out out-of-wedlock births.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
May 16th, 2019 at 6:57:22 AM permalink
Black guy with dreads in front on his own house with his dog
out of nowhere a cop pulls up and tries to arrest the guy claiming he is a fugitive from another state and the dog is not his
WTF
This happened right in front of the guys house. Its his dog. He lives there.
yet
The cop insisted its not his dog and he's does not live there because he is a fugitive from another state
amazing
Eventually the cops have to walk away because they were wrong. Really wrong

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/05/15/clarence-evans-alleged-racial-profiling-video-mistaken-identity/3687516002/

"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 154
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOO
May 16th, 2019 at 7:30:33 AM permalink
Cop obviously made a mistake. These things happen. Both of them could have handled the situation better, but stuff happens.
terapined
terapined
May 16th, 2019 at 7:33:19 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Cop obviously made a mistake. These things happen. Both of them could have handled the situation better, but stuff happens.

Well
All you have to do is look at the pic of the 50 yr old fugitive and see it does not match the face of the 30yr old in his yard with his dog, watching his kids play
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
billryan
billryan
May 16th, 2019 at 7:42:23 AM permalink
That guy looked more than thirty to me. Not having seen the incident from the beginning doesn't give us the whole story but I don't think the cop did anything that calls out for disciplinary actions or an investigation.
terapined
terapined
May 16th, 2019 at 10:06:50 AM permalink

That guy looked more than thirty to me. Not having seen the incident from the beginning doesn't give us the whole story but I don't think the cop did anything that calls out for disciplinary actions or an investigation.

He was innocent
The police were trying to arrest an innocent man when they held the evidence showing he was innocent.
Barney fife left the picture in his car.
Barney Fife insisted on taking away a mans freedom 1st, then they will check the evidence
It does not work that way, you look at the evidence 1st to determine if the person is the fugitive then arrest.
As soo an they compared the pic to the face, they immediately knew they had the wrong guy and walked away
billryan
billryan
May 16th, 2019 at 11:04:19 AM permalink
If the guy had walked over to the car, it would have ended earlier and easier. Cops do a lot of bad things. I just don't see this as one. Your opinion differs.
terapined
terapined
May 16th, 2019 at 11:21:52 AM permalink

If the guy had walked over to the car, it would have ended earlier and easier. Cops do a lot of bad things. I just don't see this as one. Your opinion differs.

This is America. If he does not want to walk over to the cop car, he does not have to.
Its the police's job to determine if there is enough evidence to arrest.
The cop decided to try to arrest 1st, then determine if there is evidence to arrest
That's not how it works in the country

If I was in my front yard and a cop pulled up and tried to arrest me with no evidence, I would be livid
billryan
billryan
May 16th, 2019 at 11:29:46 AM permalink
A Texas cop is driving around with a warrant from out of state. Do you think it was a coincidence?
What would you want done? Fire the cop? Give the victim a few million bucks?

• Jump to: