Thread Rating:

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
May 1st, 2019 at 9:28:35 AM permalink
The kids are alright
Entire confirmation class at First United Methodist Omaha decided not to join the church at this tim in protest of the UMC’s anti lgbtq policies

"We have spent the year learning about our faith and clarifying our beliefs. Most of us started the confirmation year assuming that we would join the church at the end, But with the action of the general conference in February, we are disappointed about the direction the United Methodist denomination is heading. We are concerned that if we join at this time, we will be sending a message that we approve of this decision. We want to be clear that, while we love our congregation, we believe that the United Methodist policies on LGBTQ+ clergy and same sex marriage are immoral. Depending on how this church responds to the general conference action, we will decide at a later time whether or not to become officially confirmed. But until then, we will continue to stand up against the unjust actions that the denomination is taking. We are not standing just for ourselves, we are standing for every single member of the LGBTQ+ community who is hurting right now, Because we were raised in this church, we believe that if we all stand together as a whole, we can make a difference."
Last edited by: terapined on May 1, 2019
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
May 1st, 2019 at 11:23:26 AM permalink
From yesterday? Assange sentenced on bail jump. To stand trial for extradition, today? https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2019/05/01/assange-sentenced-50-weeks-for-bogus-bail-charge/
terapined
terapined
May 1st, 2019 at 11:40:55 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

From yesterday? Assange sentenced on bail jump. To stand trial for extradition, today? https://caitlinjohnstone.com/2019/05/01/assange-sentenced-50-weeks-for-bogus-bail-charge/

Seems a pretty legit charge. He jumped bail. You have to answer for that.
Its not a bogus charge. He actually jumped bail. That's a fact.
I don't think the US has a strong case
but
Sweden may have a very strong case
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
Thanks for this post from:
ForagerFaceRS
May 1st, 2019 at 11:57:10 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Seems a pretty legit charge. He jumped bail. You have to answer for that.
Its not a bogus charge. He actually jumped bail. That's a fact.
I don't think the US has a strong case
but

Did you read the link? In the UK, he had a legitimate fear of being extradited to the US, and still faces the possibility of execution. In the UK he had a right to seek asylum.
In the link, murderers have received less sentencing. The time in "basically captivity" in the Ecuadoran embassy, in those conditions could have been considered against the 50 weeks.

Sweden already dropped charges in 2017, if you read about the women involved when they found out the charge against Assange, they dropped their complaint.

The entire world knows what this is about, it is about the supreme command of the planet by the US, everything else is just noise. Julian is an Australian citizen, which should allow him protection under his government against what he will probably suffer in US detention.

The war criminals that Assange exposed are not being charged with anything, yet the exposer, the one who allowed the world to see what is done under cover of secrecy, basically, his life is over. Thanks Julian, we used to be a country that held our government accountable. These coming show trials is about much more than what Wiki exposed, much more. It is about "total control" of free speech, nothing less.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
May 1st, 2019 at 4:06:20 PM permalink
A cruise ship has been quarantined in the Port of St. Lucia (Caribbean ) since Monday morning (it's Wed evening) because of an active case of measles.

The punch line is: it's 300 Church of Scientology high-ranking members, not allowed off their private boat.

Talk about irony. God DOES play dice with the universe.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 263
May 2nd, 2019 at 4:07:38 AM permalink

Swedish rape charge was a sham filed by a private attorney working for US intelligence services.
terapined
terapined
May 2nd, 2019 at 4:49:12 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Swedish rape charge was a sham filed by a private attorney working for US intelligence services.

You go to Sweden and prove that in a court of law
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
Thanks for this post from:
rsactuarySOOPOO
May 2nd, 2019 at 7:29:13 AM permalink

You go to Sweden and prove that in a court of law

Why do that when we can sit around posting lies all day?

Edited for clarification.
Last edited by: billryan on May 2, 2019
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
May 2nd, 2019 at 12:12:01 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

The war criminals that Assange exposed are not being charged with anything, yet the exposer, the one who allowed the world to see what is done under cover of secrecy, basically, his life is over. Thanks Julian, we used to be a country that held our government accountable. These coming show trials is about much more than what Wiki exposed, much more. It is about "total control" of free speech, nothing less.

Secrecy still going on under Trump. In fact, just as much as ever I imagine.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
terapined
terapined
May 2nd, 2019 at 12:18:21 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Secrecy still going on under Trump. In fact, just as much as ever I imagine.

Come RX
You know better, look at the name of the thread

In other news, Facebook finally completely banned Alex Jones, Yiannopoulos and Farrakhan
Gee, what took so long

• Jump to: