LoneStarLyla
LoneStarLyla
  • Threads: 2
August 2nd, 2018 at 4:44:31 PM permalink
Or How Not To Treat A New Member.

Last night in the slot forum that I started I was harassed by another of the good ol boys. So I'd like to say a few things.

Thank you to those who offered me help and were nice to me. And shame on those who bothered me for their own amusement. To whom it may concern.

No I do not want to meet you in Vegas. No I will not give you my number. No I will not call you. No I will not post a bikini pic. Yes I look good in a bikini. But you'll never know. No I am not a troll. No I will not join that site. Never. Ever. That's not me if you would have gotten to know me. I am on 2 fitness forums that I really like. That's it. So far this site isn't working out for me. :(

All I wanted to do was ask a few questions. Too bad I'm a female I guess. I looked at that forum and someone who pretended to be my friend here was talking about me there. No more pleeze! Thanks
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
August 2nd, 2018 at 5:05:08 PM permalink
Quote: LoneStarLyla

Last night in the slot forum that I started I was harassed by another of the good ol boys. So I'd like to say a few things.

Thank you to those who offered me help and were nice to me. And shame on those who bothered me for their own amusement. To whom it may concern.

No I do not want to meet you in Vegas. No I will not give you my number. No I will not call you. No I will not post a bikini pic. Yes I look good in a bikini. But you'll never know. No I am not a troll. No I will not join that site. Never. Ever. That's not me if you would have gotten to know me. I am on 2 fitness forums that I really like. That's it. So far this site isn't working out for me. :(

All I wanted to do was ask a few questions. Too bad I'm a female I guess. I looked at that forum and someone who pretended to be my friend here was talking about me there. No more pleeze! Thanks

Strange? Trying to get my head around this? What happened? Somebody on the internet was not nice to Lyla?
Just a quick heads up. This forum does not have complete authority to monitor and moderate the rest of the internet. How members of this forum behave on the rest of the internet, or even in real life... well that's not something we have much interest in. Certainly no control over.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
August 2nd, 2018 at 5:10:23 PM permalink
Was a thread for this really needed? If I recall, you stated that you were getting unpleasant messages in your inbox so you had to disable it. BBB responded to let her know and she would take of the issue. That should have been that.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
August 2nd, 2018 at 5:22:50 PM permalink
Quote: LoneStarLyla

As another new member (albeit one who hasn’t been harassed at all) I’m sorry that this happened to you. There seem to be a handful of folk here that are very paranoid about trolls and sock puppets and take an aggressive tack when suspicious. I’m assuming there is some history on this site that explains (though I doubt justifies) that behavior. The anonymity of the internet often brings out the worst in people on all sides.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
August 2nd, 2018 at 5:53:37 PM permalink
Please Lyla, don't leave. I am sorry for the way I treated you recently..I apologize.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 2nd, 2018 at 5:58:54 PM permalink
This thread is not appreciated for several reasons.

Starting a thread in order to complain about someone coming on to you in PM is not ok.

Bringing garbage from another forum here is not ok.

I agree you were not treated well on arrival. I do apologize for that. You had the misfortune of coming into the midst of some unwelcome drama and your initial posts had more than a passing resemblance to some fake member profiles and other confusion.

I'd like to see us give you another chance, and for you to do the same. This forum tends to be very predominantly men, and you have to have a bit of a thick skin sometimes, but most of them are worth knowing (I've met over 100 of the people from here -many are close friends now).

I'm going to close this thread after you've had the last word, if you want it. I would appreciate it if the rest of you did not comment further.

Thanks all.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
LoneStarLyla
LoneStarLyla
  • Threads: 2
August 2nd, 2018 at 6:13:50 PM permalink
Well thank you for the last word. I can see I don't fit in here. Never had this happen before. I'll stop posting.
  • Jump to: