Thread Rating:

VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
July 9th, 2018 at 6:54:28 PM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

If Ginsburg or Breyer step down or...........and one of those two options is gonna happen before Jan of 2020, the Dems aren't going to get a majority in the Senate before then and the tears that will flow from Rachel & the Left with a 3rd Trump Scotus Nomination....oh my!

No way on God's green earth that RBG or Breyer step down during Trumps term. Die? Maybe. No way either would leave on their own.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
July 9th, 2018 at 7:22:56 PM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

He pushed for the impeachment of Clinton based on obstruction. That will be sure to be brought up during confirmation.

If and when they find something to charge Trump with, I think his position would be that impeachment is the proper venue for adjudicating the charge.

Nominating him today does not giver President Trump some kind of "free pass" should an offense be found; it just may help decide which way that charge should be handled.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
July 9th, 2018 at 7:27:15 PM permalink
Senator Pochantas is going bonkers.

Do we think a single Democrat would have tried to appease conservatives should Hillary have been the one nominating tonight?

I guess elections only have consequences when they win!!
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
Thanks for this post from:
RonC
July 9th, 2018 at 7:27:36 PM permalink
I believe that he has changed his POV in regards to how he handled the Clinton case.

That said, I agree with you, if it is found that he obstructed justice (not saying that he did) then articles of impeachment should at least be discussed.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 154
July 9th, 2018 at 7:33:57 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Senator Pochantas is going bonkers.

Do we think a single Democrat would have tried to appease conservatives should Hillary have been the one nominating tonight?

I guess elections only have consequences when they win!!

Lizzy obviously doesn’t care about charity since she won’t take a trump up on his offer to test her DNA.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/politics/elizabeth-warren-town-hall-trump-bullies-women/index.html

In her world, calling someone out on the truth is “bullying”.

Strange world she’s living in.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
DRich
July 9th, 2018 at 8:06:09 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

College students discuss why they dislike Trump's SCOTUS nominee-----but just one problem!

Yet another reason the average campus is a joke.

These type of videos are made with every segment of the population. Everyone is dumb.
dogqck
dogqck
  • Threads: 1
SandybestdogDRich
July 9th, 2018 at 8:57:23 PM permalink
Ginsburg will retire at age 90. That is her stated goal. But she may be summoned to a higher court before then.
Sandybestdog
Sandybestdog
  • Threads: 1
July 9th, 2018 at 9:48:11 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

If you asked me which of the final four might end up accused of being a Rino, it would be Kavanaugh.
Of the four, Kavanaugh seems the most likely to side with trump on the Mueller case.
I'm sure that is completely coincidental.

I watched CNN’s coverage of the announcement. They quickly brought up his opinion that a President can’t be indicted. It seems this will be what the opposition clings onto through the confirmation. They won’t actually debate the merits of his argument that the President can’t be indicted because this will allow for endless legal proceedings thereby halting the President from running the country. Also that the process for charging the President is already laid out, it’s called impeachment. No they won’t argue the issue. It will be all about how Trump picked him so he won’t be charged.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 424
Boz
July 9th, 2018 at 9:56:32 PM permalink
Quote: dogqck

Ginsburg will retire at age 90. .

She'll be 90 in the middle of Trump's
2nd term. Perfect.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
July 9th, 2018 at 10:48:07 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Lizzy obviously doesn’t care about charity since she won’t take a trump up on his offer to test her DNA.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/09/politics/elizabeth-warren-town-hall-trump-bullies-women/index.html

In her world, calling someone out on the truth is “bullying”.

Strange world she’s living in.

Good thing hypocrisy isn't a snake or you'd be bitten. Where to start. Where's Trump's tax returns? He's said he show them to us. Calling people out, what a line of horseshit.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: