Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 220
November 13th, 2022 at 5:14:53 PM permalink
Cream cheese makes a great substitute for ricotta when baking. I've never tried it on a burger.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 118
November 14th, 2022 at 8:25:13 PM permalink
Quote: wizardofbuffalo

Who puts cream cheese on a burger??? Not to mention cashews in chowdah??? Who puts the special sauce on big macs???
and speeaking of special sauces - what makes Arby's horsey sauce so good on their beef and curly fries ???
link to original post

One lazy night I was just going to have the ‘chowdah’ as my sole dinner food. We had a container of really good salted whole cashews sitting on the counter. I knew the chowder wouldn’t be enough so I grabbed a handful of the cashews and the rest is history. Frankly, I enjoy the texture and flavor the cashews add to the soup.

Arby’s horsey sauce is great. Last time I ordered a few sandwiches from Arby’s the kid asked me if I’d like Horsey Sauce packets. I told him ‘as many as you are allowed to put in the bag without getting fired!’

I had a king salmon poke bowl. Weird combo of brown rice, raw salmon, pistachios, radishes, cucumber. They give you a brown sauce which I add some extra pepper sauce.
AitchTheLetter
AitchTheLetter
  • Threads: 1
November 15th, 2022 at 8:10:33 AM permalink
I had what my family calls "taco stew" for lunch. Ground beef with generic taco seasoning spices, corn, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers all thrown in a crock pot and simmered for 4-8 hours.

Some coworkers have remarked that it looks a lot like their own chili recipes but the taco seasoning changes the flavor profile. Its also really easy to eat with the Tostitos scoops chips, don't even need a spoon until you run out of chips or all that is left is juices.
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 13
November 15th, 2022 at 8:36:28 AM permalink
Quote: AitchTheLetter

I had what my family calls "taco stew" for lunch. Ground beef with generic taco seasoning spices, corn, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers all thrown in a crock pot and simmered for 4-8 hours.

link to original post

That sounds delightful right about now.
May the cards fall in your favor.
AitchTheLetter
AitchTheLetter
  • Threads: 1
November 15th, 2022 at 9:36:38 AM permalink
Yeah, tis the season for crockpot stews and chili.
It snowed this morning in the KC metro area and its cold (for this area at this time of year)
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 188
November 17th, 2022 at 8:17:59 AM permalink
I had no idea that there are 15 flavors of Spam. A reviewer says "Tocino" is the best next to the original.
Fair is fair, if unprovable claims are insisted to be true, one should be able to use unprovable methods of debunking.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 13
November 17th, 2022 at 8:40:19 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I had no idea that there are 15 flavors of Spam. A reviewer says "Tocino" is the best next to the original.
link to original post

The turkey "spam" tastes little, if anything, like Spam.
Think "a shelf stable low quality turkey lunchmeat, brought to you by the makers of Spam", rather than a Spam-flavored turkey lump.

They may have reformulated.
May the cards fall in your favor.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 82
Thanks for this post from:
Dieter
November 17th, 2022 at 8:51:02 AM permalink
About a year ago I had Spam for the first time in 30 years. It was fine. I diced it up and cooked it with potato's and made a Spam hash. I would not hesitate to have it again for breakfast.
Order from chaos
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 211
November 26th, 2022 at 2:56:01 AM permalink

Frappucino - I don't know where it was originally created - probably Italy - but anyway - Starbucks markets it and it has become very popular

I don't know exactly what they put into it but I was able to get almost the exact same taste as their vanilla frappe by putting a little piece of vanilla ice cream in my coffee

coffee is such an amazing drink - so many things you can do with it

"believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" - Edgar Allan Poe
wizardofbuffalo
wizardofbuffalo
  • Threads: 11
November 27th, 2022 at 4:44:59 PM permalink
Spam is too salty for my taste. I like canadian style (pea meal) bacon. That is perfect plain or with an egg n cheese bagel or toast. Hash browns and bourbon chocolate shake optional...

• Jump to: