Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 436
October 3rd, 2022 at 1:42:53 PM permalink
I eat this exact same meal every day for lunch. A bowl of fresh veggies including mushrooms green and red pepper red onion celery radishes cucumber tomato. These are all considered superfoods. You will also notice a hard-boiled egg and avocado and a can of sardines all of which are considered superfoods also. I use a sweet and sour vinegar sauce for dipping and really look forward to eating this every day.

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 13
October 3rd, 2022 at 1:56:53 PM permalink
EvenBob,

What kind of sardines are you going with?

(Another forum I used to be on had people who would get unwholesomely obsessed with sardines. I am fortunate to have a convenient store with an inundating array.)
May the cards fall in your favor.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
October 3rd, 2022 at 2:44:38 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

EvenBob,

(Another forum I used to be on had people who would get unwholesomely obsessed with sardines. I am fortunate to have a convenient store with an inundating array.)
link to original post

I only eat sardines pack in the water. If you look them up the one of the best things you could be eating as far as a superfood goes. I was reading an article a while ago by a doctor who eats 5 cans of sardines a day and his blood work results are always off-the-charts good. They make great sandwiches, I generally mix mine with a couple other things and eat it like a salad. I've been eating a can of sardines a day now for probably at least 5 years. I bet I have 150 cans in the cupboard I do not want to run out. I buy them from Amazon 12 cans for $11. They come from Norway.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
October 3rd, 2022 at 4:48:10 PM permalink
I had food truck chicken hibachi with fried rice. It was one of the most tasteless dishes that I have ever had.
Order from chaos
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 183
October 3rd, 2022 at 6:59:35 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

EvenBob,

link to original post

I only eat sardines pack in the water. If you look them up the one of the best things you could be eating as far as a superfood goes. I was reading an article a while ago by a doctor who eats 5 cans of sardines a day and his blood work results are always off-the-charts good. They make great sandwiches, I generally mix mine with a couple other things and eat it like a salad. I've been eating a can of sardines a day now for probably at least 5 years. I bet I have 150 cans in the cupboard I do not want to run out. I buy them from Amazon 12 cans for $11. They come from Norway.
link to original post

5 cans a day!

Would you mind eating 5 cans a day for a week and telling us how it goes?. I'm curious, but not enough to try it myself.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 13
October 3rd, 2022 at 7:24:51 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

EvenBob,

link to original post

link to original post

5 cans a day!

Would you mind eating 5 cans a day for a week and telling us how it goes?. I'm curious, but not enough to try it myself.
link to original post

3 cans a day is my limit, but I usually go with the tomato sauce deenz, or kipper snacks (a salty smoked herring, packed in brine).
When I'm feeling bougie, I go with the Polar smoked brislings in oil ("cleartop"). That's a strict half can limit, because they're so rich. It's worth getting the recloseable jar.
May the cards fall in your favor.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 3rd, 2022 at 8:02:19 PM permalink

Quote: rxwine

EvenBob,

link to original post

link to original post

5 cans a day!

link to original post

3 cans a day is my limit, but I usually go with the tomato sauce deenz, or kipper snacks (a salty smoked herring, packed in brine).
When I'm feeling bougie, I go with the Polar smoked brislings in oil ("cleartop"). That's a strict half can limit, because they're so rich. It's worth getting the recloseable jar.
link to original post

One can today just plenty of sardines. I do eat kippered herring once in awhile but mostly is a treat. I bet I have 100 cans of that in my pantry. I want to get 365 days worth of sardines and I just counted today and I have 200 cans. I have 75 cans of salmon.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 3rd, 2022 at 8:07:01 PM permalink
This is not going to appeal to everybody but I love it. A ham sandwich with red onion dill pickle grilled summer squash and blue cheese. The top and bottom slice of bread is covered in chicken liver pate instead of mayo. I grilled the squash with a George Foreman grill which I've had for years and only started to use this summer. It does a wonderful job on things like squash and eggplant and green tomatoes. Also makes a great Panini press. Grilled squash on a sandwich is a real treat. And the chicken liver pate is so much better than Mayo. I made the pate myself of course.

EvenBob
EvenBob
October 4th, 2022 at 7:49:22 PM permalink
Creamed ham on toast with sunny side up fried eggs on top. This is my take on Shite on a Shingle, the infamous dish served in the Army chipped beef on toast. Which is really quite good in fact it's very good and so is this. The eggs really make it, having all that runny yolk mixing with everything. I'm always amazed because I watch a lot of YouTube videos of eating in other countries and how many of their dishes have an egg on top and none of ours do. Especially in Asia.

EvenBob
EvenBob
October 5th, 2022 at 6:41:50 PM permalink
Chicken sandwiches made with pieces of thigh meat, Red Onion, and chicken liver pate. I use the George Foreman Panini Press which really makes a sandwich stand out. Homemade cream of tomato soup that is better than any canned tomato soup you've ever had. The whole point is to dip every bite of sandwich into the soup and it takes you instantly back to childhood.

• Jump to: