Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 188
September 22nd, 2021 at 3:51:20 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I was very happy to get some fruit in my diet from the dark chocolate banana whiskey.

my experience as a bartender would lead me to speculate that you're not a heavy or a regular drinker

I observed that people who drank flavored whiskeys did not drink a lot

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
September 22nd, 2021 at 5:12:10 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

So 90% dementia rate?

• link to original post

Dementia and Alzheimer's are old people's diseases. In 1900 the average lifespan in the United States was 45. People did not live long enough generally to get Dementia or heart disease. In the people that did live into their 70s and 80s yes there was dementia. I had a great-aunt that had it in the 1920s my dad says. In those days they called it your second childhood. In 1900 only 4% all the population was over age 65. Today it's 4 times that at 16%. That means in 1900 there were under 3 million people over age 65 in the US and today there are 40 million. In 1900 it wasn't a problem, today it is.

And what makes eating saturated fat even worse is when you eat it with sugar and starch, like in a Big Mac and fries. This is a lethal combination to hit your brain. The same thing happens with a big fatty steak and a baked potato loaded with butter and sour cream and bacon. Worst two things you can eat together. Then follow that with a lava chocolate cake dessert and you hit the brass ring for contributors to Alzheimer's. You don't have to believe me, they suspected this 30 and 40 years ago. But it's only been lately that the long-term studies have confirmed it.

Studies out of China have shown that people who eat fish instead of red meat have a far less chance of developing dementia and Alzheimer's. It's a fact that vegans have 70% less dementia then do meat eaters. The number one country in the world for the least dementia and Alzheimer's is India because they eat a diet high in fish intake and low on red meat. In fact most of India cows are sacred and you can't eat them.
    Last edited by: EvenBob on Sep 22, 2021
    "It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    September 22nd, 2021 at 5:21:51 PM permalink
    That's right I used the microwave again as a cooking device, what it was designed for I made fish and veggies again, this time with Tilapia. So good and so easy, I love making this. I put the frozen fish in the bottom of a large bowl sprinkled liberally with McCormick Montreal seasoning. Pour the frozen vegetables on top and liberally mix in Montreal seasoning. Put a ceramic dinner plate on top heavy enough to make a seal yet not tight enough to let steam build up. Cook it for 15 minutes on high and dinner is done.

I love McCormick Montreal Seasoning. It's good on everything you use salt on. It makes everything you put it on taste better including fish and vegetables. 0 calories or carbs. Has lots of black and red pepper and garlic in it.

SOOPOO
    SOOPOO
    • Threads: 112
    September 22nd, 2021 at 5:37:34 PM permalink
    Quote: EvenBob

The same thing happens with a big fatty steak and a baked potato loaded with butter and sour cream and bacon. Worst two things you can eat together. Then follow that with a lava chocolate cake dessert

I am requesting EB be suspended for spying on me at dinner last night. Reporting on my lava chocolate cake dessert is intrusiveÖ..
    billryan
    billryan
    • Threads: 192
    September 22nd, 2021 at 5:39:46 PM permalink

So 90% dementia rate?

• link to original post

Dementia and Alzheimer's are old people's diseases. In 1900 the average lifespan in the United States what's 45. People did not live long enough generally to get Dementia or heart disease. In the people that did live into their 70s and 80s yes there was dementia. I had a great-aunt that had it in the 1920s my dad says. In those days they called it your second childhood. In 1900 only 4% all the population was over age 65. Today it's 4 times that at 16%. That means in 1900 there were under 3 million people over age 65 in the US and today there are 14 million. In 1900 it wasn't a problem, today it is.

And what makes eating saturated fat even worse is when you eat it with sugar and starch, like in a Big Mac and fries. This is a lethal combination to hit your brain. The same thing happens with a big fatty steak and a baked potato loaded with butter and sour cream and bacon. Worst two things you can eat together. Then follow that with a lava chocolate cake dessert and you hit the brass ring for contributors to Alzheimer's. You don't have to believe me, they suspected this 30 and 40 years ago. But it's only been lately that the long-term studies have confirmed it.

Studies out of China have shown that people who eat fish instead of red meat have a far less chance of developing dementia and Alzheimer's. It's a fact that vegans have 70% less dementia then do meat eaters. The number one country in the world for the least dementia and Alzheimer's is India because they eat a diet high in fish intake and low on red meat. In fact most of India cows are sacred and you can't eat them.
  • link to original post

Where are you getting your numbers? They are so far off that you can't be using a good source.
    There are not fourteen million Americans over 65. There are over forty million.
    You said 10% of the population lived in cities in 1900 when the US Census says it was 40%.
    You really need to find better sources.
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    September 22nd, 2021 at 6:00:24 PM permalink
    Quote: billryan

[
    Where are you getting your numbers?

• link to original post

Once again I failed to correct errors from the use of dictation instead of typing. I said 40,000 and it heard 14,000.
    My memory is faulty on the rural population figure. It was actually before the Industrial Revolution the most people in the United States lived on farms. By 1900 it was 60% not 90%.
    Ace2
    Ace2
    • Threads: 24
    September 22nd, 2021 at 8:16:00 PM permalink

So 90% dementia rate?

• link to original post

Dementia and Alzheimer's are old people's diseases. In 1900 the average lifespan in the United States was 45. People did not live long enough generally to get Dementia or heart disease. In the people that did live into their 70s and 80s yes there was dementia. I had a great-aunt that had it in the 1920s my dad says. In those days they called it your second childhood. In 1900 only 4% all the population was over age 65. Today it's 4 times that at 16%. That means in 1900 there were under 3 million people over age 65 in the US and today there are 40 million. In 1900 it wasn't a problem, today it is.

• link to original post

You keep mentioning saturated fat COMBINED with sugar and other junk food. Are your sure itís not just the sugar/crap thatís the problem?

And I refuse to believe that something that comes directly from the earth, like a potato, is bad for you. That makes no sense, just like saying saturated fat is unhealthy makes no sense.
    Itís all about making that GTA
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    September 22nd, 2021 at 9:27:18 PM permalink

That makes no sense,

• link to original post

And luckily for me I'm not here to wise you up. Google is your friend. Luckily for you McDonald's is open 24/7 in some places .Goodbye.
    unJon
    unJon
    • Threads: 14
    September 23rd, 2021 at 4:54:14 AM permalink

You keep mentioning saturated fat COMBINED with sugar and other junk food. Are your sure itís not just the sugar/crap thatís the problem?

And I refuse to believe that something that comes directly from the earth, like a potato, is bad for you. That makes no sense, just like saying saturated fat is unhealthy makes no sense.

• link to original post

Huh? Thereís lots of stuff that comes directly from the earth thatís very bad for you. Evolution is warfare.

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
    peter991
    peter991
    • Threads: 0
    September 23rd, 2021 at 5:05:56 AM permalink
    Breakfast: 3 eggs with bacon. Lunch: pizza with salami :)

• Jump to: