Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 191
September 14th, 2021 at 1:32:54 PM permalink
If a 120 pound woman should drink 2.7 liters of water a day, and a 180 pound man should drink 3.7 liter, how much should a 340 pound man drink? The rule of thumb seems to be a bit over a liter per sixty pounds. Divide 340 by 60 and you get just under six liters. I drink about four and a half liters, which is actually on the low end of the acceptable range. When it gets back to 75-80 degrees outside, I'll cut back a little.
billryan
billryan 
September 14th, 2021 at 1:38:09 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I am at the office today and am feeling a little hungry. I check the freezer and I have a Marie Cakendar's frozen meal of Country Fried Chicken. That sounds alright so I take it out and put it in the microwave. The directions say that it takes 8 minutes. Who the hell spends 8 minutes heating up something in the microwave? After three minutes I was pissed and took it out and ate a cold piece of chicken but the sweet corn was warm.

Who spends that much time for making lunch?

• link to original post

You need a minion. Or maybe a henchling.
    gordonm888
    Administrator
    gordonm888
    • Threads: 49
    September 14th, 2021 at 1:47:41 PM permalink
    Quote: billryan

I am at the office today and am feeling a little hungry. I check the freezer and I have a Marie Cakendar's frozen meal of Country Fried Chicken. That sounds alright so I take it out and put it in the microwave. The directions say that it takes 8 minutes. Who the hell spends 8 minutes heating up something in the microwave? After three minutes I was pissed and took it out and ate a cold piece of chicken but the sweet corn was warm.

• link to original post

You need a minion. Or maybe a henchling.
  • link to original post

Or maybe a third wife?

Seriously, the lawyers of food manufacturers are obsessed with guaranteeing that the central temp of their food is at 160 degrees F or higher for a sustained period of time, in order to counter any lawsuit associated with food poisoning. Heating instructions for anything frozen (or at room temp) are always conservatively on the lengthy side, resulting in overly dry, well-done food. I always chop about 10% off the recommended heating duration.
    So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    • Threads: 433
    September 14th, 2021 at 2:32:49 PM permalink

If a 120 pound woman should drink 2.7 liters of water a day, and a 180 pound man should drink 3.7 liter, how much should a 340 pound man drink? The rule of thumb seems to be a bit over a liter per sixty pounds. Divide 340 by 60 and you get just under six liters.

You weigh 340 lb? My brother weighs 370 lb he collapsed from kidney failure at age 65 on July 22nd, He spent a month in the hospital has been in rehab ever since for physical therapy. Doctor says he needs to lose 150 pounds or he'll never make it to 70. A BMI of 30 or more is considered obese. His BMI is 45.
    "It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
    Ace2
    Ace2
    • Threads: 24
    September 14th, 2021 at 2:37:25 PM permalink

• link to original post

People who prefer quality, fresh food over frozen processed junk
    Itís all about making that GTA
    billryan
    billryan 
    September 14th, 2021 at 3:02:15 PM permalink
    Quote: EvenBob

You weigh 340 lb? My brother weighs 370 lb he collapsed from kidney failure at age 65 on July 22nd, He spent a month in the hospital has been in rehab ever since for physical therapy. Doctor says he needs to lose 150 pounds or he'll never make it to 70. A BMI of 30 or more is considered obese. His BMI is 45.

• link to original post

I've weighed more than 425 but no longer do. Obviously, I did a lot of things wrong in the past. I can't do anything about them and can only work on what I have today. Honestly, I never really thought I'd live this long. Males in my family rarely live to retire. If I had, I'd have made different choices, but all I can do is make better decisions in the future. I'm better today than yesterday and will be better tomorrow.
    Some people are addicted to drugs, some to gambling. I was addicted to food. Luckily for me, I had jobs that kept me very active my whole life until a few years ago. When I retired, I should have cut my intake but didn't. I went from being active and walking three miles or more most days to watching tv 12 hours a day.
    I plan on being 300 sometime next year.
    Ace2
    Ace2
    • Threads: 24
    September 14th, 2021 at 3:24:11 PM permalink
    Nothing wrong with weighing 425 or more as long as your body fat is under 20%
    Itís all about making that GTA
    billryan
    billryan 
    September 14th, 2021 at 3:31:02 PM permalink
    Speaking of which- I was reading about an upcoming PPV fight between two contestants from the Worlds Strongest Man Competition. It seems one guy accused the winner of cheating and after two years of badmouthing each other they are going to settle it in a ring. The winner of the contest has dropped almost hundred pounds thinking speed will win the fight, not mass.
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    • Threads: 433
    September 14th, 2021 at 3:33:08 PM permalink

I've weighed more than 425 but no longer do. Obviously, I did a lot of things wrong in the past. I

Losing weight is easy keeping it off is the hard part. I've lost and gained weight all my life. I went to see my doctor in March complaining about arthritis in my hips it was hard to get around. I was about 35 lb overweight and he said lose weight and you'll see a big difference. I said okay and have lost most of it this summer and the difference is really incredible. In the past, in my fifties say, if I had lost 30 pounds I would not have noticed it as much. But I'm 72 and there's a huge difference in my energy level in my balance in my sleeping, it's affecting every level of my life. Once you get past 60 your body does not deal with carrying a bunch of weight around like it did when you were 40. It's very very hard on it. Now when I carry a 35 lb bag of cat food into the house from the car I'm appalled and astounded at how much it weighs. So don't wait till next year, take a few months and go on a 1400 calorie a day diet and lose three or four pounds a week. You will be shocked and amazed at how much better you feel.
    "It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
    billryan
    billryan 
    September 14th, 2021 at 3:36:57 PM permalink
    Thank you for your well intended advice, but I think I'll stick with the plan my nutritionists has me on.

• Jump to: