Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 125
March 17th, 2021 at 6:31:33 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

got hungry on the road and stopped at Taco Bell
ordered one of their cheapest offerings - soft taco with beef - $1.49
I know the beef was low quality
but as a whole it had a lot of flavor - it was tasty - much more than a MickyDees burger
I was impressed - they're masters of giving their food flavor

I think Taco Bell is passable overall, as far as fast food goes. I went there about once every 2-3 months, at one point, but now we go to Moe's if we're in the mood for cheapish Mexican fast food. The Taco Bell $5 boxes, in particular, I often find to be a pretty good deal.
Vultures can't be choosers.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
March 17th, 2021 at 6:41:43 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I think Taco Bell is passable overall, as far as fast food goes. I went there about once every 2-3 months, at one point, but now we go to Moe's if we're in the mood for cheapish Mexican fast food. The Taco Bell $5 boxes, in particular, I often find to be a pretty good deal.

Do you have Del Taco on the East coast? A couple times a year I go to Del Taco on Tuesdays when they have 3 tacos for $1.29. They are good for the price.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 125
March 17th, 2021 at 6:53:34 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Do you have Del Taco on the East coast? A couple times a year I go to Del Taco on Tuesdays when they have 3 tacos for $1.29. They are good for the price.

I don't know whether or not the East Coast has it, but there are none near me, in any case. I'll keep that in mind and check them out if any come into the area though, thanks!
Vultures can't be choosers.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 178
March 17th, 2021 at 11:12:13 AM permalink
In NYC, Taco Bell was my go-to fast food fix, but then I found Del Taco in Vegas. Around Bisbee, all we have is "authentic Mexican street tacos". It's 35 miles to the closest Taco Bell and whenever I pass it the line is ridiculous.
Both places change their menu too much for my taste. They promote a cheap new dish, get you hooked and they pull it from the menu.
The Burger King here had tacos for a bit but got rid of them.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 168
March 18th, 2021 at 3:39:35 AM permalink

always loved coffee - lately have been experimenting

my favorite is Asian white coffee - my favorite brand is Maxim - Korean

white coffee is smooth and strong - brewed differently - it's sold 3 in 1 with a little bit of cream and a little bit of sugar

on Amazon it's more than double the price you can get in Asian markets - I guess Amazon does not have strong connections in Asia

now I mix it with a little bit of Latino instant espresso - Bustelo - and add a little Coffeemate to smooth it out - because now it's very strong

10 years ago I looked down on any instant coffee - not anymore - when I first started using it I was shocked at how good it is

𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
March 18th, 2021 at 1:55:13 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Bacon cheeseburger. Turnip fries.
Beef is cooked to 130 for a perfect
rare burger.

g
I've never had the infamous Chicken and waffles, you chose Waffles as a bun. I read to have a rare burger it needs to be pasteurized, do you or do you just gamble? You should move to my town and open a restaurant. Is your wife a good cook too ? My beef stew turned out good, but my memory of it I'm sure is idealized.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 26th, 2021 at 4:12:06 AM permalink

I don't know if you guys have the Sarku chain near you - but their chicken teriyaki is excellent IMO
for $1.50 more you can get get double meat - which makes it enough for 2 meals - for me anyway - and just about $10 bucks
headed there today - looking forward to it

𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
DRich
DRich
March 26th, 2021 at 7:15:49 AM permalink

I don't know if you guys have the Sarku chain near you - but their chicken teriyaki is excellent IMO
for $1.50 more you can get get double meat - which makes it enough for 2 meals - for me anyway - and just about $10 bucks
headed there today - looking forward to it

I have never heard of Sarku. Is it a regional chain? I travel a lot and always assume that I know about most chains but never heard of Sarku.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
March 26th, 2021 at 7:26:00 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have never heard of Sarku. Is it a regional chain? I travel a lot and always assume that I know about most chains but never heard of Sarku.

the link gives you all the U.S. locations

https://www.sarkujapan.com/locations/

DRich
DRich
March 26th, 2021 at 7:39:22 AM permalink

the link gives you all the U.S. locations

https://www.sarkujapan.com/locations/

Wow, it is much bigger than I expected. I will keep my eye out for one the next time that I travel.

• Jump to: