Thread Rating:

SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 112
January 10th, 2021 at 6:29:22 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: DRich

I had a 10oz Turkey Pastrami sandwich with swiss cheese on Rye. It was a big sandwich but it is the only thing I will eat today. I think the Kroger Turkey Pastrami tastes better than their regular Pastrami.

Jealous. Made a can of chunky New England clam chowder. But add some raw sliced mushrooms and sriracha sauce. Your sandwich looks better.

Are you too cheap to get a proper meal?

I really like soup. It feels like a proper meal to me. I sometimes get Chinese takeout.... I’ll get a quart of hot and sour soup with 4 wontons added. With the noodles it is almost enough for an entire meal.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
January 10th, 2021 at 7:06:57 AM permalink
My wife is on a low carb diet again. She wants to go to Chipolte because they have a no carb rice. I haven't been to Chipolte in about 20 years but I am excited about it. I rarely have fast food except for a breakfast sandwich.
Order from chaos
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 134
January 10th, 2021 at 12:16:17 PM permalink
I just had three eggs and sourdough toast along with coffee. Late breakfast because I woke up at 3:30 am but was able to get back to sleep a couple hours later. So I finally got up about 9 o’clock.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 134
January 10th, 2021 at 12:30:06 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

Quote: Greasyjohn

Quote: EvenBob

The only pudding we have here
is sold by a serial rapist.

His earliest release date from a prison in Phoenix is September 25, 2121 (but sentence was 3-10 years, so he may not get out until 2028).

September 25, 2121 would make him 186 years old. He should be harmless by then!

Oops. I meant 2021.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 182
January 10th, 2021 at 12:51:00 PM permalink

I had a 10oz Turkey Pastrami sandwich with swiss cheese on Rye. It was a big sandwich but it is the only thing I will eat today. I think the Kroger Turkey Pastrami tastes better than their regular Pastrami.

Much too much meat for my taste and you appear to be missing the spicey mustard. I'm not sure what the proper ratio of meat to bread is, but that far exceeds it.
I do agree turkey pastrami is superior to regular.
DRich
DRich
January 10th, 2021 at 2:37:48 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Much too much meat for my taste and you appear to be missing the spicey mustard. I'm not sure what the proper ratio of meat to bread is, but that far exceeds it.

For me that was just about the perfect ratio. I don't use condiments on any food. Just meat, cheese, and bread for me.
Order from chaos
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 28
January 10th, 2021 at 3:42:32 PM permalink

Actually that looks like the normal amount for a typical NY deli. I've seen them go to ridiculous extremes, especially with pastrami+corned beef combos:
My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
DRich
DRich
January 10th, 2021 at 3:54:45 PM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

I would ask for two extra pieces of bread with that one and make two nice sandwiches.
Order from chaos
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 182
January 10th, 2021 at 4:03:20 PM permalink

Actually that looks like the normal amount for a typical NY deli. I've seen them go to ridiculous extremes, especially with pastrami+corned beef combos:

Those are photo ops for tourists. They are not typical for a NY Deli. Of literally thousands of delis in NY, there are a handful that make sandwiches like that and as far as I know they are all in tourists areas of Manhattan. Even there, most people order half sandwiches.
I'm a huge guy and have a very hearty appetite and will order a sandwich and two or three rolls and then grab a doggie bag for the leftovers.
At home, I can get three sandwiches out of a pound of roast beast.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanks for this post from:
DRich
January 10th, 2021 at 6:17:42 PM permalink

I can get three sandwiches out of a pound of roast beast.

Never had roast beast before. Sounds interesting.

• Jump to: