RichDwarf
RichDwarf
  • Threads: 5
July 18th, 2015 at 7:35:20 PM permalink
Coaches

Offense - Marc Trestman takes over for Kubiak. Will be interesting to see what he can do with a good offensive line and a QB willing to get rid of the ball.

Defense - Same aggressive 5-2 they've played for Harbaugh's entire stint here.

Offense

QB's I've never been a big Flacco fan. I thought he sucked in 2012, then sucked out in the playoffs. Then got paid like he was Aaron Rodgers. It was silly. But since then all he's done is improve, including playing his best football under Kubiak last year. Trestman's quick read spread should fit him perfectly. And he's very durable. And doesn't get drafted high. Really, what's not to like?

RB's Forsett isn't great, and likely won't get goal line carries, but he's in a great offense, esp if receptions count.

WR's I'm not big on Perriman. Has the tools but right now isn't a very good football player. Steve Smith is very old. But should get a lot of targets in this offense.

TE's Maxx Williams is ready to play now. Good route runner with phenomenal ball skills. Could become Baltimore's leading receiver.

OL Perhaps the best guard combo in football with Osemele and Yanda. While their skills will be somewhat wasted in this offense, its never bad to have the best players. Eugene Monroe had a terrible year last year, and was hurt twice after signing a big contract. Its not easy to stay on top as an NFL player, and I wonder if Monroe's prep has taken a slide since he got his big bonus. At right tackle Rick Wagner is a star in the making. An excellent pass blocker. If Monroe plays back to his 2013 level, this will be the best offensive line in the NFL.

All Raven offensive players except Perriman worth a look.

Defense

Front 7 The still good Ngata was traded, but with the development of Timmy Jernigan and Brandon Williams, but interior line could be even better this year. McPhee will be a loss, but very deep at that position.

2ndary Jimmy Smith a top 5 CB who missed half of ly. Webb also missed a couple games. Matt Elam has been a bust so far, and with the reasonable depth that the Ravens have signed this year, I wonder if there's a chance they give up on him.

Jernigan, Williams, Suggs, Dumervil, Webb, Smith are the guys to look for.
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
July 18th, 2015 at 7:42:03 PM permalink
Quote: RichDwarf

QB's I've never been a big Flacco fan.

Really, what's not to like?.

He's a tall fragile guy, often throws too early.

You didn't mention the impact of the riots and current progress of the criminal charges of law enforcement on the players.

I'll reserve my comments as I'm not a fantasy participant. Thanks for your postings just the same. I am interested and starting to look at the over/under win totals. Your information helps in that regard.
surrender88s
surrender88s
  • Threads: 20
July 18th, 2015 at 9:47:03 PM permalink
I'm a little more pessimistic on Maxx Williams, just because he's a rookie.
Ravens are always a good team, but I don't think they're great.
I agree with your thoughts on Flacco. Decent, overpaid.
You have an idea on how many games they'll win?
"Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1." -Warren Buffett on risk/return
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 19th, 2015 at 9:58:44 AM permalink
I am not sure what the point of these threads are. At the end he says lets discuss but hasn't discussed anything.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: