Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 21st, 2018 at 2:14:36 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

A cop can only kill somebody if they feel them are in imminent danger or another person is in imminent danger
If there is no imminent danger and a cop kills somebody, its murder

I dont disagree with that at all. Not one bit. Bad cops should get a tougher sentence, kinda like a bully gets. My annoyance is everyone is oh poor murder victim. Well how about saying, someone involved in another murder gets shot. 2 wrongs dont make a right, but the dead boy is not an innocent victim either.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 21st, 2018 at 2:31:14 PM permalink
Can you throw down a link G?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
June 21st, 2018 at 2:46:52 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

My annoyance is everyone is oh poor murder victim. Well how about saying, someone involved in another murder gets shot. 2 wrongs dont make a right, but the dead boy is not an innocent victim either.

Innocence or guilt is not determined by police or public regardless of what the police, people or media say
That's for the court system
If somebody is alleged to kill someone else
No way do I want to see that somebody killed. That would totally suck. Totally sucks the Vegas shooter is dead.
I want to see that somebody go on trial and if determined guilty, punished
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
June 21st, 2018 at 3:24:25 PM permalink
If the kid was in the murder car, they're going to have a hard time justifying anything makin a victim out of him. Courts have held for a long time that anyone involved in a crime is in the same category as the perpetrators.

I guess it's possible, even legal, to separate the police action from the originating murder, but I'm guessing this one might play against the general trend of unarmed= innocent victim.

Which, honestly, I would agree, though just going on GWAEs description, and more facts might change my mind. If they took him down in hot pursuit and had him bailing out of the car used to kill someone just before that, he's pretty much lost any claim to victimhood already.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 21st, 2018 at 3:26:38 PM permalink
KDKA Pittsburgh
Shooting in East PIttsburgh of 17 year old fleeing from a traffic stop. No weapon visible. Vehicle believed used in drive by shooting in neighboring jurisdiction. Officer sworn in 90 minutes prior to shooting but had been on other forces in the area since 2011.

As it is a police involved shooting the Allegheney County authorities investigate it and the county DA will decide on charges, if any.

Antwon somebody is victim.

Question; was he a fleeing felon or just a fleeing passenger in a car where others did the shooting without his being involved???
GWAE
GWAE
June 21st, 2018 at 3:43:39 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Question; was he a fleeing felon or just a fleeing passenger in a car where others did the shooting without his being involved???

I guess that would be the thing that needs to be determined. Maybe the other 2 shot up some people and then picked him up after the fact. Maybe they told him what happened when they picked him up and he got scared when the police pulled them over.

Anther side thing to the case. Police are on high alert in the area because of the possibility of retaliatory shooting after a rap singer was shot earlier in the week. Maybe the cop overreacted because of that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/06/19/rapper-jimmy-wopo-21-shot-and-killed-pittsburgh/713145002/
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
June 21st, 2018 at 3:44:41 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Can you throw down a link G?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/21/us/east-pittsburgh-police-fatal-shooting-antwon-rose/index.html
GWAE
GWAE
June 21st, 2018 at 3:47:16 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

If the kid was in the murder car, they're going to have a hard time justifying anything makin a victim out of him. Courts have held for a long time that anyone involved in a crime is in the same category as the perpetrators.

I guess it's possible, even legal, to separate the police action from the originating murder, but I'm guessing this one might play against the general trend of unarmed= innocent victim.

Which, honestly, I would agree, though just going on GWAEs description, and more facts might change my mind. If they took him down in hot pursuit and had him bailing out of the car used to kill someone just before that, he's pretty much lost any claim to victimhood already.

oops I miswrote the OP. The original shooting did not end of up in a murder. The victim was treated and released.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 21st, 2018 at 4:20:15 PM permalink

oops I miswrote the OP. The original shooting did not end of up in a murder. The victim was treated and released.

Attempted murder is still a felony as is conspiracy to murder or even conspiracy to discharge a firearm within city limits.

On Edit:::
The cop's actions will be based on what he had heard over the radio about the drive by shooting, not the actual particulars as they played out at the hospital of a relatively minor wound and a quick release from the ER.
Last edited by: FleaStiff on Jun 21, 2018
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
June 21st, 2018 at 4:33:40 PM permalink

Anther side thing to the case. Police are on high alert in the area because of the possibility of retaliatory shooting after a rap singer was shot earlier in the week.

Any relation to rob singer?
100% risk of ruin

• Jump to: