Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 179
  • Posts: 10712
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
June 21st, 2021 at 11:26:25 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I forgot what thread it was where Billyran was saying the bathroom/ shower of an RV is too small for him, but I just realized after watching another mod being done, you can have something completely customized to your specifications. Obviously, not in a little RV, but in the bigger ones, unless you have multiple people in there, you can pretty much rearrange the space usage with customization to just about whatever you like.



Many RVs come with three or four plans to choose from and there is some wiggle room on top of that.
An RV can only be so wide, so unless you place the bathroom at the front or rear, you are very limited by space. Almost all mid-cabin bathrooms are small. The RV I was in had a 22X26x38 shower/bath. I've seen 36X30 showers in some rvs. I saw a Roman tub in one but that cost about two million all in. If I was dropping $250K, I wouldn't be looking at RVs, per say.
Rear bathrooms are very uncommon, so I'd say in 85-95% of stock RVs the bathrooms are too small for me. If I weighed 220, it wouldn't be a problem.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 7390
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
June 21st, 2021 at 12:07:41 PM permalink
How long are typical motorhomes? I have covered lighted RV parking at my house that is about 33 feet long. I want to advertise that when I sell my house as almost no one in my neighborhood has that. Would that accomodate most motorhomes? I am sure there are million dollar ones that would be longer than that. My real estate agent said that the RV parking should add at least $20k to the price of the house.
Order from chaos
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 2696
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
June 21st, 2021 at 12:25:31 PM permalink
Is Airbnb legal in your HOA? If so that might expand the pool of buyers that would consider that a useful amenity.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 7390
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
June 21st, 2021 at 1:07:51 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Is Airbnb legal in your HOA? If so that might expand the pool of buyers that would consider that a useful amenity.



I don't know. The market is booming here so selling should not be difficult but I will do anything to maximize the price when we put it on sale. I had an offer from Opendoor and it went up $30k last week.
Order from chaos
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 169
  • Posts: 10096
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
June 21st, 2021 at 1:28:32 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Many RVs come with three or four plans to choose from and there is some wiggle room on top of that.
An RV can only be so wide, so unless you place the bathroom at the front or rear, you are very limited by space. Almost all mid-cabin bathrooms are small. The RV I was in had a 22X26x38 shower/bath. I've seen 36X30 showers in some rvs. I saw a Roman tub in one but that cost about two million all in. If I was dropping $250K, I wouldn't be looking at RVs, per say.
Rear bathrooms are very uncommon, so I'd say in 85-95% of stock RVs the bathrooms are too small for me. If I weighed 220, it wouldn't be a problem.



Yeah, Iím talking beyond dealer options. Much as someone might knock out a wall of a house or add on an entire new room.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 179
  • Posts: 10712
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
June 21st, 2021 at 4:05:55 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Yeah, Iím talking beyond dealer options. Much as someone might knock out a wall of a house or add on an entire new room.



That's easier said than done. From talking to people, it seems most builders will look for any excuse to void their warranty.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 179
  • Posts: 10712
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
June 21st, 2021 at 4:12:41 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

How long are typical motorhomes? I have covered lighted RV parking at my house that is about 33 feet long. I want to advertise that when I sell my house as almost no one in my neighborhood has that. Would that accomodate most motorhomes? I am sure there are million dollar ones that would be longer than that. My real estate agent said that the RV parking should add at least $20k to the price of the house.



There are different classes but most run 25-33 feet. 5th wheels can be a bit longer. Ideally, you want to be able to pull in and drive out the other side. Having to back an RV into a carport seems to be an acquired skill. Most of them have slideouts that always seem to lineup up with one of the roof supports.

I'm pretty sure dry camping is either illegal or highly regulated in Henderson so I don't think renting it out is feasible.
teliot
teliot
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 2198
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
June 21st, 2021 at 7:05:28 PM permalink
Poetry website: www.totallydisconnected.com
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 2696
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
June 21st, 2021 at 7:19:48 PM permalink
And I thought math jokes were bad.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Joined: May 8, 2015
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 3615
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146teliot
June 22nd, 2021 at 3:12:22 AM permalink
.................

*




*


America: a country where there are a great many people who believe that the moon landings were fake and that professional wrestling is real


*
𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾

  • Jump to: