Thread Rating:

jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
June 8th, 2021 at 1:37:27 PM permalink
Hoa i doubt would let us switch to non grass landscape. houses are money pits Where i live
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 111
June 8th, 2021 at 1:55:56 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

I haven't played real golf in decades, and I have never played anything but miniature golf on artificial turf. I am having difficulty thinking of fairway shots, divots, and the like on an artificial turf course. Can someone enlighten me? (I'm serious.)

The mini turfs you hit off on an indoor driving range I’m sure would run into the tens of millions of dollars if you had to make 18 fairways and greens out of them. They are WAY easier to hit off of than real grass. They are tough enough that you would not make a divot on one. I don’t think they would wear out quickly, and there are versions to simulate ‘the rough’.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 179
June 8th, 2021 at 8:03:55 PM permalink
Just use less grass.
Have a barrier of rough round the fairways and use desert landscaping. You could cut down the grass by 20% and save water. What's the point of playing golf in the desert if the course plays like your home courses.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
June 9th, 2021 at 4:39:28 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Just use less grass.
Have a barrier of rough round the fairways and use desert landscaping. You could cut down the grass by 20% and save water. What's the point of playing golf in the desert if the course plays like your home courses.

. The point is my home courses are unplayable from around November through April due to freaking winter! There is a great course in Vegas called Rhodes Ranch. It is set up like you describe. If you stray too far from the fairway you are in sand or rocks. My local friend has a club he calls his ‘rock wedge’ that he uses from those areas, and it has multiple dings. I’ve played some lesser courses in the Buffalo area that mostly only water the greens, and the fairways are brownish when we get a dry spell.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 169
June 9th, 2021 at 8:53:12 AM permalink
Just make the fairway an inch wide. That's all the ball really needs.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 76
June 9th, 2021 at 10:45:46 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

. The point is my home courses are unplayable from around November through April due to freaking winter! There is a great course in Vegas called Rhodes Ranch. It is set up like you describe. If you stray too far from the fairway you are in sand or rocks. My local friend has a club he calls his ‘rock wedge’ that he uses from those areas, and it has multiple dings. I’ve played some lesser courses in the Buffalo area that mostly only water the greens, and the fairways are brownish when we get a dry spell.

I play Rhodes often and do like the course. Just about every golf hacker that I know has a rock club, I just cheat and move my ball.
Order from chaos
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 46
June 9th, 2021 at 3:42:04 PM permalink
Virtual golf - like the Top Flite golf franchise - is becoming immensely popular. A Top-Flite golf attraction is being built in my area, with 6 hotels around it!
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 46
June 9th, 2021 at 9:28:10 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Just make the fairway an inch wide. That's all the ball really needs.

Quote:

Dubai Country Club

A grassless course in the Arabian Desert that looks like one giant bunker. Players are allowed to hit off a plastic grass mat they carry round with them, if the ball winds up in a marked area. The “browns”, the course’s equivalent of greens, are smoother than grass and consist of a mixture of sand and oil raised above the desert floor. They putt slower but truer than most greens. The club has even passed a local rule offering a free drop for buried lies in the sandy bunkers.

It closed in 2007 $:o(
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 175
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambit
June 11th, 2021 at 2:38:01 AM permalink

3 members of an FDA Advisory Committee have resigned because they felt the approval of a new alzheimers drug which showed weak evidence of effectiveness was a terrible decision

it's not often that you see public officials take a stand even though that stand will hurt their pocketbook and their resume

they are to be commended

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/third-member-fda-advisory-panel-resigns-over-alzheimer-s-drug-n1270428

𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
June 11th, 2021 at 2:20:17 PM permalink
My friend from Buffalo who transplanted to Vegas 15 years ago is taking me and wifey to first Golden Knights -Canadians game. He said center ice lower level. I am guessing tickets are $300? I’ll offer to pay but I doubt he will take money from me.

No Sabres playoff games in quite a while……

If I see someone wearing a super nice watch I may say hello….

• Jump to: