Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
December 3rd, 2019 at 9:02:26 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I thought it was because animals are far more sensitive to noises and vibrations than humans are... probably changes in pressure, too.

I had a friend who was well regarded in Puerto Rican spiritualism. His Grandmother held a high honor and he had been recognized as having these gifts as a child and had received training in it. He claimed he saw auras around people and could instantly size up a person's character. He'd occasionally warn me about people, but one night he flipped out when a friend of a friend brought a guy to a party. He said the guy had the most evil aura he'd ever encountered and caused a huge scene. About two years later, the guy was arrested for a string of contract killings.
He would say he is more sensitive to vibrations and white noises. If animals can do it, who is to say some humans might not have a similar ability.
A large portion of mankind is color blind, to some extent. The Army told me I was colorblind because I can't see certain tones of brown and green. Why isn't it possible some humans "see" better than the rest.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
December 3rd, 2019 at 10:06:19 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I'd say it's better than the average restaurant, but it's nowhere near as good as many of the other Hibachi type places I have been to. I think Osaka's much better and they have a lot more choices. And that guy's skill was subpar. I'm going with a B-.

We go to OhJah about once a month because we like it and it is two blocks from the house.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 18
December 3rd, 2019 at 10:07:25 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

A large portion of mankind is color blind, to some extent. The Army told me I was colorblind because I can't see certain tones of brown and green. Why isn't it possible some humans "see" better than the rest.

The problem is not that people claim to have these abilities, it's that they never submit themselves for testing to PROVE these abilities.

If I thought I could "read people's auras" to see if they're evil or whatever, I'd be talking to scientists everyday, going, "okay, let's figure this s*** out; maybe we can use this amazing power to help people and make the world a better place."

When you get the rare person who LEGITIMATELY believes they have some kind of power and willingly succumbs to some kind of testing, their "power" is always disproved.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 29
December 3rd, 2019 at 10:13:48 AM permalink
Why don't they ever deliver the goods in controlled settings?

Even the CIA took a stab at using people with psychic powers during the cold war. I'm sure they wanted it to be true, so we would have a powerful weapon against the Russians. But it seems they gave up on it.

Some people probably have amazing intuition. Subconscious learning has proven to be real. There are most likely people who are exceptionally good at it. I think maybe it's true, women are better than men at this, particularly with people.

I remember an old business partner and friend I had who turned out to be a legitimate, border line psychopath. The fact that he has a family now is scary. I heard through the grapevine that he was cheating on his wife 2 weeks after marrying her. My girlfriend at the time warned me about him almost immediately and I waived it off. But I don't think she was psychic. She was just very good at processing the countless clues we send out with our behavior.

It would be very easy to test your friend. I think if psychic abilities were real, the psychics would want us to know that so we can all benefit from their powers.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 109
December 3rd, 2019 at 10:35:01 AM permalink
Do any of you believe that a mother, can know when her child has died, and they're separated by many miles? Or a sibling, maybe even a twin? I've heard, maybe just an old saying, that they've experimented with rats and maybe killed a baby rat and the mother reacts even though thousands of miles away? I mean, I've never read that before, just heard it and it could be absolutely meaningless.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 103
Thanks for this post from:
Rigondeauxbobbartop
December 3rd, 2019 at 11:01:02 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Do any of you believe that a mother, can know when her child has died, and they're separated by many miles? Or a sibling, maybe even a twin? I've heard, maybe just an old saying, that they've experimented with rats and maybe killed a baby rat and the mother reacts even though thousands of miles away? I mean, I've never read that before, just heard it and it could be absolutely meaningless.

I've had thoughts about a negative event about a loved one with no evidence. They have never been true. So I don't talk about it; its a big nothing. The trillions of times this has happened to me and you and the other billions of earthlings no one bats an eye. The time it is true..... it must be supernatural?

Take an event like WW2. I'm sure there were millions of mothers that 'knew' something bad happened to their child, bit it didn't. The ones that it did.... attribute it to something otherworldly.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
December 3rd, 2019 at 11:36:06 AM permalink
I canít remember now why I called them, but UNLV once had a department of psychic research, and I called and talked to a female graduate student there.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 109
December 3rd, 2019 at 12:48:33 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I've had thoughts about a negative event about a loved one with no evidence. They have never been true. So I don't talk about it; its a big nothing. The trillions of times this has happened to me and you and the other billions of earthlings no one bats an eye. The time it is true..... it must be supernatural?

Take an event like WW2. I'm sure there were millions of mothers that 'knew' something bad happened to their child, bit it didn't. The ones that it did.... attribute it to something otherworldly.

I want to say you're right, SooPoo. Well, you are right. What you say is very logical.

I know there's been times when I had a bad dream, maybe about a parent, and called them just to be sure. Like you said, it was nothing, just a bad dream.

But back to the rats, lol. I want to say I've heard of experiments where they monitor the brain of the mother rat and get a reaction. It's probably nonsense, I don't know where I've heard it. Probably not a reliable source. BUT, if I ever see an article on it, a study or something, I'll be back to post about it. lol
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
December 3rd, 2019 at 1:36:04 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

How do animals know in advance of an earthquake? Or a tsunami? I'm not saying it's got anything to do with psychic stuff, but I still want to know how they know.

You can watch compilations of animals reacting to earthquakes on youtube. While I'd agree they detect early in most cases, it's not much sooner than people. If you need to wake up and get out of the way of your neighbor's piano falling through your ceiling, it might be handy, but most of the time it didn't look like people would have time to get to their door and run outside.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 263
December 3rd, 2019 at 2:29:10 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

but most of the time it didn't look like people would have time to get to their door and run outside.

Watch the Indonesian Tsunami videos on youtube: the locals start running, the tourists grab cameras and cell phones to film the spectacle.

• Jump to: