Thread Rating:

gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 43
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
November 29th, 2019 at 8:13:32 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

this can be done in your head without a calculator or pen and paper, perhaps you saw my earlier post on that?

a matter of the radius squared

9^2, or 81 ... versus ... 6^2 doubled , or 72 ; so the large size wins this one

the other factor, pi, does not need to be crunched out

That is a cool trick.

Unfortunately my brain is nearly incapable of even the most basic mental math.

I posted the question because this went Viral on Twitter a few days ago and the internet seemed to lose their marbles:

jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 25
November 29th, 2019 at 10:42:51 PM permalink
I goto little ceasears, they have cheap pizza all day.
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 98
November 30th, 2019 at 9:18:30 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

A large is still "more pizza," which is what the question was.

That's my point. Not only is it more, it's almost always a lot more because of how pizzas are made.

And no, we don't buy breadsticks from pizza vendors.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
November 30th, 2019 at 9:23:46 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

But you lose even more parity on a pizza, because unless you like bare crust or order a special one, there's a 1-2 in rind on most pizzas. In our house, with 2 dogs, those are known as "pizza bones", on the rare occasion the dogs get people food. So the dogs vote for 2 mediums, the people vote for 1 large. Ymmv.

Pizza bones is cute, I have never heard that. Our dogs eat everything whether we give it to them or not. I caught the puppy standing all four legs up on the counter last weekend looking for scraps or anything that we left out. He at the whole loaf of bread.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
November 30th, 2019 at 9:59:30 AM permalink
I gave my cat a pc of ribeye and salmon. He rejected it. I dont give canned tuna bc of the mercury. I give sheba and blue cat food

A psychic said that a girl bribed my cat with tuna and stole him. Im on a 6 -9 month waiting list for the best psychic to let me know if my cat is safe
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Nov 30, 2019
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 30th, 2019 at 10:14:38 AM permalink
I had complained recently about the cost of fees when buying tickets. Found a site called tickpick.com that doesnt charge a fee. Bought 4 tickets to Pitt football game today for $12 each and no fees. Was going to buy the same tickets from StubHub and they were going to be $86 after fees. So I paid $48 at the other site
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 30th, 2019 at 10:28:58 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I gave my cat a pc of ribeye and salmon. He rejected it. I dont give canned tuna bc of the mercury.

A psychic said that a girl bribed my cat with tuna and stole him. Im on a 6 -9 month waiting list for the best psychic to let me know if my cat is safe

Your cat is probably safe as long as it doesn't come into contact with the local police.😀
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 5
November 30th, 2019 at 10:47:33 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I had complained recently about the cost of fees when buying tickets. Found a site called tickpick.com that doesnt charge a fee. Bought 4 tickets to Pitt football game today for $12 each and no fees. Was going to buy the same tickets from StubHub and they were going to be $86 after fees. So I paid $48 at the other site

That's good to know. Yeah, between processing fees, service fees I've even heard of printing fees (what, it's digital?) It gets crazy.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 34
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
November 30th, 2019 at 11:45:46 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

That's good to know. Yeah, between processing fees, service fees I've even heard of printing fees (what, it's digital?) It gets crazy.

I was thinking about going to a local minor league hockey game last week. Tickets for nose-bleeds behind the goal were listed at $10 on the website, but they want another $6.50 in fees! 65% of the ticket price in fees? Ridiculous!

We ended up not going last week, but when we do pick a game to see, I will buy from the box office to see if the fees are less.

Quote: beachbumbabs

But you lose even more parity on a pizza, because unless you like bare crust or order a special one, there's a 1-2 in rind on most pizzas. In our house, with 2 dogs, those are known as "pizza bones", on the rare occasion the dogs get people food. So the dogs vote for 2 mediums, the people vote for 1 large. Ymmv.

Good point about the crust ratios, Babs.

We went to a pizza joint near work last week. They have 10" and 14" pizzas. for an all-meat pizza the 10" was $16, but the 14" was $19. Three dollars more for essentially twice the pizza!

BTW, you can't even say the words "pizza bones" in our house without getting our dog crazed. I think we have turned her into a carb addict! We do make her work for them, though. She has a pretty extensive trick repertoire!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
November 30th, 2019 at 11:59:47 AM permalink
I just painted my trailer blue. I just recalled my bookkeeper was scolded by a coworker to paint her toe nails red which is his gang colors. Oh well.

We had 20 shots fired in our backyard about a week ago when I was outside. I didnít call the cops. Because they never give a case number the last three times.

The gang tried to steal my 2015 Subaru. I had it in the dealer for repairs. I had a hard time finding it. I found it in the tow yard claimed as abandoned. The dealer conveniently lost the keys. I researched about lost keys. I was advised to rekey the locks because the vehicle has high chance of theft. I believe the gang members are working at the dealership.

Iíve been told all my life. If someone really wants your boat etc. They will get it. Well, we have a lot of scumbag gang members who steal not out of need but hatred. I believe my brother was murdered as a hate crime. It should have been capital murder. But the cops were indifferent and ruled it as a suicide on day 1, the way we criticize other countryís copsí indifference to tourists murders.

My sister and her two daughters were murdered the day after she told her husband that she is moving to Houston to start over because he was sleeping with her coworker. Cops ruled my sister, my 2 nieces as suicide. My aunt who raised her and was never called to the crime scene pleaded for an investigation to no avail. The high school sweet heart she married almost shot my aunt. But my cousin dove into the gun.

An ex cop told me that maybe my brother in law has cop relatives that thwarted the investigation.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Nov 30, 2019

• Jump to: