Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
November 2nd, 2019 at 7:14:28 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Periodically the Sabres will announce a "no fees day" or some other BS. HOW MUCH DOES IT FRIGGIN COST FOR ME TO GET INTO THE BUILDING AND GO TO MY SEAT?

That IS the cost of the ticket!

Stubhub has gotten worse as well. Rant over.

Yeah these are as bad as resort fees. Just tell me that my ticket is $30. When buying 4 $200 tickets and fees are 40 I am not as angry. But to pay 33% more in fees is just stupid.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
November 2nd, 2019 at 7:43:43 AM permalink
I'm thinking of attending a show in Tucson this weekend. The website clearly states tickets may be purchased at the box office for $25, or online thru a service at $38. First time I've seen that, but I hope it is a trend.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 18
November 2nd, 2019 at 7:58:11 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Well traveled members... is holiday travel a wholesale nightmare? Or are there windows of opportunity to be found?

I just did some holiday traveling this past Labor Day and it was a breeze. The hotel prices were actually cheaper than the week before or after, and I had zero problems at the airports. I was amazed because I hardly ever do holiday traveling and heard it was a nightmare but this was a breeze.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
Thanks for this post from:
Foragerbeachbumbabs
November 2nd, 2019 at 8:18:57 AM permalink

Periodically the Sabres will announce a "no fees day" or some other BS. HOW MUCH DOES IT FRIGGIN COST FOR ME TO GET INTO THE BUILDING AND GO TO MY SEAT?

That IS the cost of the ticket!

Stubhub has gotten worse as well. Rant over.

That was a weak rant! Go talk to ZK and get some lessons before you bring that weak ass sh*t here!
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. Amarillo Slim Preston
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 103
PokerGrinder
November 2nd, 2019 at 8:23:17 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

That was a weak rant! Go talk to ZK and get some lessons before you bring that weak ass sh*t here!

It was a pithy rant. Not a weak rant.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
Ayecarumbaodiousgambit
November 2nd, 2019 at 9:10:12 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

That was a weak rant!

It was a pithy rant. Not a weak rant.

Hold on a second.... Is someone getting pithed about the rants and critiques on this forum?

;-)
billryan
billryan
November 2nd, 2019 at 9:45:01 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I just did some holiday traveling this past Labor Day and it was a breeze. The hotel prices were actually cheaper than the week before or after, and I had zero problems at the airports. I was amazed because I hardly ever do holiday traveling and heard it was a nightmare but this was a breeze.

Memorial Day, The Fourth and Labor Day are generally considered driving holidays. Thanksgiving is the worst air travel holiday because the travel window is small. College students get off the day before and most people work Thanksgiving Eve. Christmas is a bit more spread out as colleges are already in their semester breaks. In the NorthEast, Presidents Day is a nightmare as schools close for the week and families head to the Caribbean or points south.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
November 2nd, 2019 at 9:45:25 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm thinking of attending a show in Tucson this weekend. The website clearly states tickets may be purchased at the box office for $25, or online thru a service at $38. First time I've seen that, but I hope it is a trend.

I think I could have just got them at the box office but I dont want to drive downtown just to the that.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
MaxPen
November 2nd, 2019 at 9:49:32 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I think I could have just got them at the box office but I dont want to drive downtown just to the that.

The GWAE that I remember from a couple years ago would have drove to save $40. Now that you are a wealthy businessman things seemed to have changed.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
billryan
billryan
November 2nd, 2019 at 10:38:21 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

It's a matter of convenience. Should I risk driving some 75 miles and risk it being sold out or spend $13 to assure my ticket and avoid the lines. As I'm going solo, I might spend the $13. If I was buying four tickets, it's a whole other story.
Back when the Yankees were a real dynasty, I had four tickets to a playoff game that never happened. The refund was almost $50 less than we paid for them as the convenience fee( and sales tax on that fee) was non-nonrefundable.
Then again, in 1977, the Yankees didn't use Ticketron and I camped out overnight and ended up with bleacher seats. I wouldn't want to go back to that.

• Jump to: