Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 160
August 8th, 2019 at 11:16:02 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

perhaps you have lived a very sheltered life. I'm sure there are plenty of non mixed families where the parents beat and hate their kids daily.

I was being facetious.

---------------------------------

Quote:

Am I racist because I believe I'm more likely to be a victim of a crime involving a black person than a white person?

I don't know, are you?

If you give black persons a chance to show you who they are, without assuming they are a criminal right off, I'd say you are okay. If you think you're superior because of color, you're a racist. If you want to discriminate against a group of people of color (any color) because there are some bad individuals, that's racist.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 422
August 9th, 2019 at 1:32:30 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Okay, because of you, Axelwolf, I'm going to change my response to Evenbob. So, one more time.
Says more about you than anyone else.

Nope. All you have to do is get
to know people and you'll find
they are not as non racist as they
think they are.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 103
August 9th, 2019 at 7:12:03 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

680 illegals arrested in food processing plants in Mississippi. How about arresting the factory supervisors? Arresting the people doing the hiring? How about arresting the Board of Directors?
The INS will move on, the workers will be replaced by others and the sheeple will cheer.

Yowza! Agree 100%. Just arresting some of these hirers will reverberate through the industry.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 148
August 10th, 2019 at 1:35:56 AM permalink
wow - never heard of anything like this before
in Canada the big bank Chase stopped operating a credit card business there 2 years ago
they were still collecting debts owed
now, they decided they won't collect any more debts - all the debts are forgiven - one guy in the story has a $6K debt forgiven
amazing

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/09/business/chase-credit-card-debt-canada.html
"but I don't care too much for money..........money can't buy me love".............. the Beatles
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 157
August 10th, 2019 at 4:31:20 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Yowza! Agree 100%. Just arresting some of these hirers will reverberate through the industry.

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
August 10th, 2019 at 4:58:08 AM permalink
Food Processing immigration raids:

100 employees get deported. All of them know that if they can get back to the USA they will have either the same or similar jobs awaiting them.

5 managerial types will suddenly be given high falutin job titles and fired, perhaps even prosecuted. Some corporate fines will make headlines.

ICE budgets will be safe.

Tomorrow is another day, Rhett.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabskubikulann
August 10th, 2019 at 11:04:49 AM permalink
"What is racism" is kind of a pointless convo. It's not exactly a scientific term. But we have a lot of messed up discourse because it simultaneously refers to 1)Hideous behavior. 2) Sort of bad/ignorant behavior that is an example of normal human imperfection. 3) Rational behavior.

One thing I figured out a long time ago though, is that a lot of times people can see faults in other groups much more clearly than their own. Whatever groups those might be. That really confuses things because when they criticize others, much of what they're saying might be true, and then reflexively people will argue that it is NOT true. However, this isn't actually the error the person has made. Their error is not seeing that their own group is equally flawed.

Moreover, focusing on the flaws of others is one of the foundational errors in any type of moral thinking. Everyone from Jesus to Confucious makes a big point of saying, how about you work on yourself instead of pointing the finger all the time Mr. Perfect?

There is a weird inversion of all this in some cases. People we might call SJWs who endlessly find fault with any group they belong to, while other groups can do no wrong.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
August 10th, 2019 at 12:42:52 PM permalink
My money is on this scenario regarding Epstein.

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 160
beachbumbabskubikulann
August 10th, 2019 at 1:18:00 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Moreover, focusing on the flaws of others is one of the foundational errors in any type of moral thinking. Everyone from Jesus to Confucious makes a big point of saying, how about you work on yourself instead of pointing the finger all the time Mr Perfect.

Sorry, Im going to rail on anyone not for not being perfect, but for declaring their racist behavior just a standard for everyone to have to endure and because supposedly no one can do any better.

Id much rather be a prick about that, than a racist prick. See, Im hardly declaring perfection.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 148
odiousgambit
August 11th, 2019 at 11:17:42 AM permalink
every time I think about this I get really sad
it won't be long that all the great hero vets from WW2 will be gone
even if they were just 18 in 1945 that means they would be 93 now

I've visited the WW2 memorial in DC a couple of times
it's very moving
at least the Government gets it right once in a while
what those great soldiers did is unforgettable even though it was well before my time

the best estimate is 416,800 U.S. military casualties from WW2
"but I don't care too much for money..........money can't buy me love".............. the Beatles

• Jump to: