Thread Rating:

Jimmy2Times
Jimmy2Times
  • Threads: 1
June 14th, 2019 at 2:30:31 PM permalink
After reading your message it is making me wonder, how did all those Amish guys get to the diner. There were no houses or farms right nearby the diner that I can remember. There was about 12-15 young guys and the old timer that gave me the verbal lashing, so if they ride 5-6 to a cart then they would have had to have at least 3 buggies to get them all to the diner. I didn't see any buggies anywhere unless they had the nags in back of the joint grazing in a field. I don't think the old timer would have let them Ubered it, Ubered it.

edit made:
Sorry, I did not click the quote button in my post to the original post, my post above was in response to Onenickelmiracle on page 1018, June 10th 2019 @ 3:47;46.
I 'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 215
June 14th, 2019 at 3:14:47 PM permalink
So far no lawsuit announced. People assuming a lawsuit are just that. Assuming.

Maybe one will be filed. Old Navy is clearly trying to stave off any large judgement by taking immediate action including reaching out to the customer.

Was it baiting? Probably doesnt matter. The clerk TOOK the bait. There are no civil suit entrapment laws to my knowledge.

Old Navy has viewed the footage and clearly knows how bad this is. People denying it on here need to default to Old Navy judgement

Nowhere in the US (I assume Canada too) can an employee put their hands on you like that. The woman was not going anywhere and was asking if the clerk had observed any actual theft ("you saw me walk in wearing this shirt")

The fact there turned out to be no theft means the woman clearly DID NOT see a theft. She made an assumption and then took physical action over it.

It cost her job.

In the end the real issue was getting physical. Security was already on the scene so there was most definitely no need for grabbing her hand.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
June 14th, 2019 at 3:28:35 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Did you watch the entire video?

She still wears the tags to several pieces of her clothing. Is that the kind of customers you would want if you were a merchant?

Is that the kind of grief that you expect merchants to go through, for the slim margin on cheap shirts?

Is that TP's idea of MAGA? Really? So now we are to believe that you wear clothes you purchased around with the sales tags still attached, in and out of the stores where you bought them. Way to exercise your rights TP, your parents would be so proud.

There are 3 videos posted on the Facebook page.

I watched all 3 twice.

2 show the detainee from the arms and shoulders up only. No way you saw multiple clothes she was wearing in those 2 videos.

The 3rd video the detainee wasn't even visible. It was of the store manager apologizing

Not trying to trigger you but you claim to see her wearing multiple tags. I dont see that.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 262
June 14th, 2019 at 4:32:28 PM permalink
I don't know much about Canadian law but it should be remembered that Canada arrested and fined and jailed a woman for failure to hold an escalator handrail.

'nuff said.
darkoz
darkoz
June 14th, 2019 at 4:50:37 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I don't know much about Canadian law but it should be remembered that Canada arrested and fined and jailed a woman for failure to hold an escalator handrail.

'nuff said.

I was curious so i.I looked it up.

Your example is not really valid.

Yes she was arrested for not holding an elevator handrail.

The court dropped the charges as there is NO Canadian law that she broke.

The officer basically didnt know the law.

In many ways it reminds me of the officer at Maryland Live who told Justin Mills he had committed the crime of Counting Cards.

If an officer does not understand the law that doesnt make the overall judiciary system suspect.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
June 14th, 2019 at 5:28:38 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

There are 3 videos posted on the Facebook page.

I watched all 3 twice.

2 show the detainee from the arms and shoulders up only. No way you saw multiple clothes she was wearing in those 2 videos.

The 3rd video the detainee wasn't even visible. It was of the store manager apologizing

Not trying to trigger you but you claim to see her wearing multiple tags. I dont see that.

I appreciate your civility. I got that notion from this video: Watch and listen from 4:00 to 4:30.
darkoz
darkoz
June 14th, 2019 at 5:43:21 PM permalink

I appreciate your civility. I got that notion from this video: Watch and listen from 4:00 to 4:30.

I get that plugin not supported message

Can u give the direct link.

Thx
petroglyph
petroglyph
June 14th, 2019 at 6:40:58 PM permalink

Thx

Nah, that's all I've got is youtube. Can you see the vid TP posted in the OP?
darkoz
darkoz
June 14th, 2019 at 6:50:09 PM permalink

Thx

Nah, that's all I've got is youtube. Can you see the vid TP posted in the OP?

I found some longer videos of the incident on YouTube

Will watch them in full but im in a noisy place right now n cant hear a damn thing. Soon as its quiet around me will watch
petroglyph
petroglyph
Thanks for this post from:
MaxPenbeachbumbabs
June 14th, 2019 at 6:53:22 PM permalink

Thx

Do you get the first one that TP posted?

I see state after state declaring that they won't prosecute any crimes [shoplifting] under 8-9 hundred dollars now. Any employee anywhere is a fool to go after a thief for that amount of money. Bank tellers are taught to just hand over the money, it doesn't matter.

The clerk from what I saw was on her phone, and may have grabbed the thief just out of instinct, like she has kids or something and doesn't want them reaching into a fire?

Or maybe the clerk originally grabbed the woman in self defense, as you can see the thief's hand is outstretched toward the working woman?

Now the clerk no longer has a job. I wonder if she will sue the Navy store for firing her, claiming duress and termination under false pretenses?

Maybe the woman who used to work can now go on state aid, and live the dream having learned you can go around stealing all you can carry out of a merchants store, and there is absolutely nothing legally a merchant can do about it?

I remember in Portland, about the time Babs was hanging out on Burnside street, [ : ) ] the cops were only issuing traffic tickets for grand theft auto. Why would any poor person work for minimum wage is what I wonder? If you can steal up to 900 dollars at a time, with no worry of penalty, if you have any gumption at all, they could be shoplifting 5 thousand per day. If you think about it intrinsically, only stupid people work for low wages. There is no penalty anymore for being a small time thief, as long as your conscience doesn't bother you, if you have one

• Jump to: