Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3554
Thanks for this post from:
terapined
June 14th, 2019 at 1:16:07 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen


This woman is simply baiting stores for a lawsuit. The modern day slip and fall and she is using her race to her advantage.



Even if she's baiting for a lawsuit, she's 100% right. The store clerk should not have assaulted her.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3235
June 14th, 2019 at 1:26:51 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

she wasn't
She likes Old Navy because if she buys something there and the price drops in 30 days, she gets the diff back and she has immediate proof. The tag. Taking a tag off a shirt is optional. Nobody says you have to take it off
This is absurd. A thief would stuff the shirt in a pocket, not put it on in a small store. Old Navy's are not that big. Its no Wallmart

That's some next level thinking there. A lot of people would just have kept the receipt.

But you and your girl here, you go get "em.

How are other stores that aren't dealing with this next level thinking type clientele supposed to have any idea if shoplifters are pilfering merchandise, other than still having the tags attached?

You and her are both doing your part for the death of brick and mortar.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3235
June 14th, 2019 at 1:28:03 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

If she spends money, why would a merchant care if she leaves the tags on.

Old Navy kind of encourages it letting their customers know if price drops in 30 days, you get the diff

Whats this have to do with MAGA???????????
I take off my tags but I do have the right of leaving them on
Having a tag on a shirt you are wearing is no proof of theft. Its only proof of price.
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode of leaving a tag on a pair of pants to show off size?

You still did not answer if you watched the entire video before commenting on it.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 5247
June 14th, 2019 at 1:33:50 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

That's some next level thinking there. A lot of people would just have kept the receipt.

But you and your girl here, you go get "em.

How are other stores that aren't dealing with this next level thinking type clientele supposed to have any idea if shoplifters are pilfering merchandise, other than still having the tags attached?

You and her are both doing your part for the death of brick and mortar.



They should do what Best Buy does
You walk in with an item to exchange or return or they sell, they put a sticker on it proving its yours and not stolen
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3478
June 14th, 2019 at 1:35:53 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

They should do what Best Buy does
You walk in with an item to exchange or return or they sell, they put a sticker on it proving its yours and not stolen



Then they get sued for touching her chest putting the sticker on......lol
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3235
June 14th, 2019 at 1:42:42 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: terapined

Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: terapined

Total failure by Old Navy employee
A Black woman leaves an old Navy store
Old Navy employee follows her out and accuses her of stealing
At first the Black lady is chuckling because she is innocent
The Old Navy employee, Stephanie says she stole the shirt she is wearing and they have video evidence
Oh boy, it gets really bad as Stephanie grabs the innocent person and wont let go
Amazing the hate some people have against an innocent black woman.

Old Navy fired Stephanie and apologized to the innocent Black lady

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/old-navy-employee-fired-after-grabbing-black-woman-accusing-her-of-shoplifting-in-viral-video-003324850.html

I hope the black chick gets compensated. Is there any update-on this i would really like to know the outcome. That's one thing I hate when they show videos like this, I never know how it turns out.


Check her facebook account. She is giving updates including all communication with Old Navy management

Oh cool, Thanks!! I find this interesting. Link?



The Yahoo article has her FB link at the beginning of the article
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/old-navy-employee-fired-after-grabbing-black-woman-accusing-her-of-shoplifting-in-viral-video-003324850.html
This may work
https://www.facebook.com/lisa.waytoonice/posts/10161594027845478

she posted this and the 50% off coupon she received
very savvy shopper. A lot more savvy then me

"***ALSO***SMH the reason I keep my tags...June 12th 2 days after the incident (June 10th), I received the 50% off everything email (this is normally when my receipt is discounted), My normal custom is to have my previously purchased items in bag accompanied by receipt in case tags are needed). Still too traumatized to go back to the mall for my discount tho.🤦🏾‍♀️ #IKeepMyTags"

I watch Peoples court and I hear all the time from the judge. What proof do you have of how much you paid for that item
Defendant - I threw away the tag and receipts

See that? She's to traumatized to go back in the store. Probably has PTSD? She is laughing about how well her plan to sue the store worked out. Works here, sans the lawsuits.

How much do you think she should be compensated for her trauma? My bolding above.

She even says normally she keeps the receipts. So this behavior which you didn't say you watched completely is beyond her norm. So why shouldn't the lowly working clerk have some suspicion?

Do you find that racist, that she suspected this customer of shoplifting for wearing the tags in and out of the store, when even that customer says that is not normal, even for this savvy shopper?
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 76
  • Posts: 5247
June 14th, 2019 at 1:48:21 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Quote: terapined

Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: terapined

Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: terapined

Total failure by Old Navy employee
A Black woman leaves an old Navy store
Old Navy employee follows her out and accuses her of stealing
At first the Black lady is chuckling because she is innocent
The Old Navy employee, Stephanie says she stole the shirt she is wearing and they have video evidence
Oh boy, it gets really bad as Stephanie grabs the innocent person and wont let go
Amazing the hate some people have against an innocent black woman.

Old Navy fired Stephanie and apologized to the innocent Black lady

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/old-navy-employee-fired-after-grabbing-black-woman-accusing-her-of-shoplifting-in-viral-video-003324850.html

I hope the black chick gets compensated. Is there any update-on this i would really like to know the outcome. That's one thing I hate when they show videos like this, I never know how it turns out.


Check her facebook account. She is giving updates including all communication with Old Navy management

Oh cool, Thanks!! I find this interesting. Link?



The Yahoo article has her FB link at the beginning of the article
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/old-navy-employee-fired-after-grabbing-black-woman-accusing-her-of-shoplifting-in-viral-video-003324850.html
This may work
https://www.facebook.com/lisa.waytoonice/posts/10161594027845478

she posted this and the 50% off coupon she received
very savvy shopper. A lot more savvy then me

"***ALSO***SMH the reason I keep my tags...June 12th 2 days after the incident (June 10th), I received the 50% off everything email (this is normally when my receipt is discounted), My normal custom is to have my previously purchased items in bag accompanied by receipt in case tags are needed). Still too traumatized to go back to the mall for my discount tho.🤦🏾‍♀️ #IKeepMyTags"

I watch Peoples court and I hear all the time from the judge. What proof do you have of how much you paid for that item
Defendant - I threw away the tag and receipts

See that? She's to traumatized to go back in the store. Probably has PTSD? She is laughing about how well her plan to sue the store worked out. Works here, sans the lawsuits.

How much do you think she should be compensated for her trauma? My bolding above.

She even says normally she keeps the receipts. So this behavior which you didn't say you watched completely is beyond her norm. So why shouldn't the lowly working clerk have some suspicion?

Do you find that racist, that she suspected this customer of shoplifting for wearing the tags in and out of the store, when even that customer says that is not normal, even for this savvy shopper?



I simply posted this for the illegal detention
Its a pretty serious action to hold somebody against their will. You better make sure you are 100% right with absolutely no doubt to deprive an individual of their freedom. Even with mall security present, Stephanie refused to let go of an innocent person
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3235
June 14th, 2019 at 1:50:04 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

They should do what Best Buy does
You walk in with an item to exchange or return or they sell, they put a sticker on it proving its yours and not stolen

Sure, she should wear a television, until some clerk gets suspicious and then sue them for being racist.

Since you refuse to answer, should I suspect you did watch the video you posted and you are baiting me, waiting for me to accuse you of posting something you didn't even read or watch?

You have learned well from the sue happy tag wearing shirt shopper.

Were you planning on complaining to management that I accused you of not watching or examining evidence before posting it? [equivalent of suing on the board]
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 262
  • Posts: 13933
June 14th, 2019 at 1:51:07 PM permalink
I wonder if the video was from a friend who follows her hoping for just such an encounter?
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3554
June 14th, 2019 at 2:12:43 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Sure, she should wear a television, until some clerk gets suspicious and then sue them for being racist.



Wait a minute, I think I'm missing something.... nowhere in that article or her facebook page does it say anything about a lawsuit. Why do you keep going on and on about her suing Old Navy?

  • Jump to: