Thread Rating:

Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 5th, 2019 at 2:39:13 PM permalink
57 and rain, gloomy all week. Crick is just above needing-gear temp and still holds trout even though the cottonwood is falling. Frogs haven't even spawned yet. Suckers haven't moved in yet. It's a week into June.

I dont mind. But it's weird.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
June 5th, 2019 at 2:49:36 PM permalink
It's the nicest spring we've seen in the ten years since getting here. Seventy's, eighties reading the morning paper on the patio sipping coffee. The average daily temps for those days is 96*, to hot for this fella. The devil has arrived. We soon have our 100 days over a hundred, in a row. Argghh. Live in fear of the ac breaking down.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
June 5th, 2019 at 4:35:32 PM permalink
I am happy that it is starting to warm up in Las Vegas. This year has been miserably cold and wet. 100 degrees in Vegas is a wonderful day. When it gets to 110, that is starting to get hot.

At least I shouldn't have to heat my pool anymore this year. Once the water gets over 80 I won't use the heater. My wife refuses to get in when it is below 84,
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
June 5th, 2019 at 6:01:33 PM permalink
My company 401k matches 100% up to 4% but if you contribute 6% then they do a discretionary lump sum match up to 2% more, based on annual company performance. Last year they added 0.5% but this year just announced the discretionary match will be 2%. Nice to put in 6% and get it matched 100% :)
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
June 7th, 2019 at 10:29:26 PM permalink
The Deadliest Animals in the US, ranked.

2020, year of the clickbait
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 262
June 8th, 2019 at 5:26:01 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

. . . 2020, year of the clickbait

Most of the time I can't find anything on the internet but clickbait. Some decent sites support themselves in part by allowing clickbait ads to appear on them.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 18
June 8th, 2019 at 8:01:34 AM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

My company 401k matches 100% up to 4% but if you contribute 6% then they do a discretionary lump sum match up to 2% more, based on annual company performance. Last year they added 0.5% but this year just announced the discretionary match will be 2%. Nice to put in 6% and get it matched 100% :)

Why do so many companies make 401k matches so convoluted?

My company matches 20% of whatever you put in. Period. Simple and straight to the point.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 25
June 8th, 2019 at 12:25:27 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm looking at a house in pre-foreclosure in Hereford. Two hundred feet east and it would have the much more desirable Bisbee zip and address. Public records show a mortgage was issued on this house for $208,000 in 2007. Todays asking price- $49,000. This is an extreme example as the house has been abandoned for three or more years and has been pretty much picked clean . Needs at least $50,000 to rehab. The views of the mountains are incredible.
In Sierra Vista, its worse. Some homes that sold for $250,000 are now under 100K, and are in almost move in condition. With a nearby army base, you'd think demand for off base housing would make these properties desirable.

I thought about buying foreclosed. But I wasn't familiar with the process. I ended up buying a condo as a vacation home. Paying HOA ~ $200/month, tax ~ $300/month, and electricity ~ $50/month. But the condo increased 50% in value since I bought it. I visit about one weekend a month. But I don't have to worry as much about burglary. Because I'm surrounded by neighbors can hear what's going on next door.
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 25
June 8th, 2019 at 12:29:38 PM permalink
I didn't expect to be fixing AC's and frigs everyday. Its been half a year and I'm still fixing frigs and AC's everyday. it is fun when I succeed. But I felt overwhelmed to troubleshoot one neglected AC. Some weren't brazed right, parts left out. Vandalism of wiring.
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 155
June 8th, 2019 at 3:24:45 PM permalink
I bought a small plot of land in Bisbee. The house will most likely need to be torn down but the four RV pads will pay for themselves until I find a better use.
Went to look at a nice house in town that had an aux. apartment in what used to be the garage but the numbers didn't work.
Frustrated at pretty much driving 18 hours round trip for nothing, I noticed a shop I was in a few weeks ago now had a for sale sign on it. It's currently an upscale thrift shop , with a Keto Bakery renting about a fifth of the space. Turned out the owner of the shop is also the owner of the building and she is looking to downsize.
A few hours of diligence, offers and counteroffers, and we are in escrow. I like this building so much I believe I'm going to eventually try to rezone it to make it residential, and convert it into my permanent home. Back when Bisbee was a "restricted" town, the building next door was a hotel for "colored" workers and as blacks and Chinese were not welcomed in most Bisbee establishments, this building was the social center for much of that community.

• Jump to: