8 votes (61.53%)
3 votes (23.07%)

13 members have voted

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 24th, 2014 at 8:20:53 AM permalink
Quote: chickenman

Not just the highlights, but "Every touchdown from every game" so you get to skip all the 3rd-and-a-mile antics followed by the fair catch of the resultant punt, follwed by 5 minutes of car commercials...

I get to see that after the afternoon game on "NFL Final" on NFL Network.

Besides, the commercials are when I switch either to another game (if any interests me), or to Mythbusters (from 2 to 3 pm), or to an old L&O rerun, or do some cooking even.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
March 24th, 2014 at 8:25:45 AM permalink
I don't get a commission so to each their own
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
March 24th, 2014 at 3:56:12 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

They will NOT get rid of the extra point. It is crucial for the agonizing 'commercial catch-ups' they do. If the first drive of the game took longer than a few minutes, and results in a touchdown, they usually squeeze a bunch of commercials in while they are reviewing the touchdown, a now all too common occurrence. Then they kick the extra point, followed by 4 more commercials. If they are really behind, they then shove four more in after the ensuing kickoff, which is usually a non-play resulting in a touchback. So you get 12 commercials for one real football play....
The above is why I have NFL Red Zone, commercial free football for 6 and 1/2 hours every Sunday.

the review of th touchdown will not be taken away. If its a complicated long review, they can still break away for commercials. And there is no commercials from the time the touchdown is official and the extra point kick. No lost commercials

The extra point kick does not give the network a chance to run extra commericals.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
March 26th, 2014 at 9:30:54 AM permalink
Apparently the NFL will do test run of the extra point from the 20 in the first two preseason games.
Each day is better than the next
chickenman
chickenman
March 26th, 2014 at 9:36:53 AM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Apparently the NFL will do test run of the extra point from the 20 in the first two preseason games.

And then it is dead in the water, at least for this season.
chickenman
chickenman
March 27th, 2014 at 10:22:22 AM permalink
The preseason test is in, so is the loose ball in the field of play (good), and clock stops after a sack only final two minutes of a half (good), goal posts to be extended 5 feet (good); central "assistance" in reviews but referee makes the call. Not clear what should actually happen on that last one but leaning toward having the mother ship make the call to overturn or let stand.
  • Jump to: