40 votes (86.95%)
6 votes (13.04%)

46 members have voted

treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
December 8th, 2013 at 11:11:05 AM permalink
Quote: tournamentking

That's 2 years first offense w/o parole for any reason. What about cell phone use/texting and such? Their day will come. Drivink drunk has had years to kill people and it's time to move the penalties to the next level. Besides, most of those who drive influenced are not stellar, contributing members of society anyway. They tend to be from the same mold as those jerks who smoke: poor, uneducated, disrespectful, and of no real value to society.

facepalm x 2
Each day is better than the next
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 8th, 2013 at 11:24:19 AM permalink

That's 2 years first offense w/o parole for any reason. What about cell phone use/texting and such? Their day will come. Drivink drunk has had years to kill people and it's time to move the penalties to the next level. Besides, most of those who drive influenced are not stellar, contributing members of society anyway. They tend to be from the same mold as those jerks who smoke: poor, uneducated, disrespectful, and of no real value to society.

I agree with things you've said in other threads, but 2 years in prison for a DUI on the first offense is ridiculous. You act like this is the only problem in the world. Also, if a driver happens to kill someone while driving drunk for the first time, there are laws already in place to prosecute the offender.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 8th, 2013 at 11:32:47 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

What famous joke, what are you talking about.

When is Fleastiff ever sober enough to know what he is talking about? Paco,,,, help me out here.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 8th, 2013 at 11:36:23 AM permalink

most of those who drive influenced are not stellar, contributing members of society anyway. They tend to be from the same mold as those jerks who smoke: poor, uneducated, disrespectful, and of no real value to society.

Really?

Got any proof for this assertion?

Statistics / evidence?

Or is it just your "opinion?"
"What, me worry?"
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 8th, 2013 at 12:52:07 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Really?

Got any proof for this assertion?

Statistics / evidence?

Or is it just your "opinion?"

Opinion obviously. Unless tournament king had a family member die from drunk driving, his suggestions are pushing it. I'm writing this drunk from a moving car right now. As a passenger though obv.
tournamentking
tournamentking
  • Threads: 2
December 8th, 2013 at 12:58:50 PM permalink
I have lost an uncle and his daughter, my cousin, to a senseless drunk driving crash. The guy blew a .16 and got just 3 years. I imagine he'll have to face the girl's 26 yr. old brother soon after being released next year.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 8th, 2013 at 1:00:36 PM permalink
edited
MrV
MrV
December 8th, 2013 at 4:35:39 PM permalink

I have lost an uncle and his daughter, my cousin, to a senseless drunk driving crash. The guy blew a .16 and got just 3 years. I imagine he'll have to face the girl's 26 yr. old brother soon after being released next year.

Not long ago, the limit was .15; if a guy's field sobriety tests looked good, it was a winnable case at trial.

My my, the times they are a changing.
"What, me worry?"
tringlomane
tringlomane
December 8th, 2013 at 5:20:55 PM permalink

Not long ago, the limit was .15; if a guy's field sobriety tests looked good, it was a winnable case at trial.

My my, the times they are a changing.

Not long ago? 30 years?

My home state of Missouri was one of the last in the union to change to 0.08 from 0.1 about ten years ago. Basically the feds said, "lower your limit, or we cut your highway funding." Missouri is dumb, but not that dumb. :P

And I am sorry for your loss tournamentking. My ex-fiancee's sister and her g/f were killed by a habitual drunk driver w/no license. He crashed into the highway railing and was stationary. They were on motorcycles which were a significant factor in their deaths. If he was sober and had a license, he probably doesn't get punished at all. But with his 4th DUI, and no license, he plea bargained for 22 years. He could have got up to 35 years.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 9th, 2013 at 1:20:43 PM permalink
Quote: Face

DUI laws are insane anyways. There are clearly some grey areas in "drinking and driving", yet the penalties are largely the same. And there are things one can do behind the wheel that are far worse than DUI, and some of those come without penalties at all. It would take more fingers than I have to count how many times I've been caught doing in excess of 100mph over the speed limit, and a majority of those I didn't even get a ticket for, let alone a serious punishment. The tickets I did get in these scenarios were either for <20mph over, or non moving violations.

Yet, cruising down a backroad with a beer in hand is somehow "worse".

Am I the only one who wonders about the mindset of one who regularly engages in risky behaviors? I think I can speak for most of this forum when I say that you are well liked, Face, but do you need help or are you just a rebel? Do you have an underlying condition that triggers these behaviors?

You've been regaling us with your riding/driving escapades for some time. In another thread you tell us that you were stopped for driving 145 mph in a 45 mph zone, 130 in a 55 and 160 in a 65. On another it was driving a Dodge Ram pickup at 105 mph and getting 16.3 miles to the gallon.

This is not normal behavior and can only end badly for you or someone else. My intent is not to pick on Face but if anyone thinks this is normal please share your thoughts here.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 9th, 2013 at 1:27:57 PM permalink
145 in a 45. No chance you might kill someone, was there ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 10th, 2013 at 3:24:58 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

145 in a 45. No chance you might kill someone, was there ?

I've seen crash footage of bikes and cars, and often one door of the car that was hit is touching the other door on the other side. There's a big chance of death, and that was my point. Beard could've been nicked for a .09 on a back road, we didn't know. And to vilify someone like him more than, say, someone like me, seemed a little extreme.

Quote: 1BB

Am I the only one who wonders about the mindset of one who regularly engages in risky behaviors? I think I can speak for most of this forum when I say that you are well liked, Face, but do you need help or are you just a rebel? Do you have an underlying condition that triggers these behaviors?

I appreciate your concern, 1BB.

I read a study about finding an "adrenaline gene" to explain the risk taking behavior. Of course, with so little study it hasn't been confirmed. But it also hasn't been disproven.

As far as I know, besides some low level brain damage, I'm functioning normally as far as my brain goes. And the part of me that seeks out "the rush" largely existed prior to any head trauma. I've been like this (only on a much smaller and safer scale) ever since I was old enough to pedal a bike.

But I'm sure there is something mental that is the source of it all. I often identify as an addict, and have plenty of those stories here as well. But I don't often identify as a "drug addict", because that's not the whole story. I'm not even sure it's technically true.

Speed (physics, not pharmaceuticals) gives me a rush, both physical and mental, better than any drug out there. Part of it is control. It doesn't matter if I'm doing 170 on an open highway or 15 twisting thru the woods, controlling something "at the limit" is divine. Really, I can get that part at 15mph, no problem. But the faster you go... it just takes it to the next level.

Whether you're a stone solid atheist like myself or a complete Man of God like our FrG, almost all of us value life and appreciate what a magnificent thing it is. Sometimes just thinking about it, not my own or my kids' or all of ours, but just thinking of the processes of living things boggles my mind. I can think about it for hours. And I love it. But I find most of what my life is serves to squash that. I sleep 8 hours a day. I commute 1,200 minutes a week. I spend 40+ hours a week behind a desk. That is not life. That is not living.

Speed strips it all, to the core, and does so immediately. When you ride at the limit, you reach another plane of existence. There is nothing else but you and your life. Nothing. You are completely and utterly at one with yourself. You have to be, or else you die. I get off on that. The feeling of that jagged spike of adrenaline straight to the heart and spine in a "close call" is better than any single other sensation on this planet; love, sex, street drugs, or all those at once, they don't even come close. There is nothing better than life, and you never feel more alive than when you almost die. That feeling has me hooked. The pursuit of that feeling makes me an addict.

I'm sure the true gamblers (not APs) can kind of understand. You put something of value on the line. That element of risk gives you the rush. It is the juice. It's the same with me, except I don't much care for money. But I do care for my life. So that is my wager, in the never ending quest for the juice.

But before you put me on some watch list, both the speed and the drugs ended in '09 once my son came to be. Since then, I've gone exactly 100mph exactly once. And sure, I'm currently building a race car and yeah, I don't slow when the roads get snowy, but... I dunno. I gotta have that juice. Speed is what I do, it's how I get it, indeed, it is my identity. Normal? Not entirely. Rebel? Not really. Do I need help?

Don't we all?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
  • Threads: 1
December 10th, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM permalink
Well,you might be careless about your own life, but what about those people whom you can get hurt, not all of them share the same attitude.
Face
Administrator
Face
December 10th, 2013 at 4:07:26 PM permalink
Quote: Dicenor33

Well,you might be careless about your own life, but what about those people whom you can get hurt, not all of them share the same attitude.

Reason and logic don't work on those in their teens and early 20s.

But now I'm in my thirties, hence, taking my action to the track. And I assume all those there share the same attitude =)
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
December 10th, 2013 at 4:10:48 PM permalink

I've seen crash footage of bikes and cars, and often one door of the car that was hit is touching the other door on the other side. There's a big chance of death, and that was my point. Beard could've been nicked for a .09 on a back road, we didn't know. And to vilify someone like him more than, say, someone like me, seemed a little extreme.

I read a study about finding an "adrenaline gene" to explain the risk taking behavior. Of course, with so little study it hasn't been confirmed. But it also hasn't been disproven.

As far as I know, besides some low level brain damage, I'm functioning normally as far as my brain goes. And the part of me that seeks out "the rush" largely existed prior to any head trauma. I've been like this (only on a much smaller and safer scale) ever since I was old enough to pedal a bike.

Do I need help?

Your an adrenaline junkie. Nothing wrong with that.....that's you and no you don't need help.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 10th, 2013 at 4:26:02 PM permalink

But now I'm in my thirties, hence, taking my action to the track. And I assume all those there share the same attitude =)

There is some merit to what you have posted. Many youngsters will indeed drive to a racetrack rather than use public roads or if they live in small towns they will use a "de facto" racetrack that everyone knows about.

Many of the women who used to skydive in the mornings would gather on the outdoor deck of the airport restaurant listening to the radio traffic. They spent the morning skydiving safely but as the wind picked up and it was more difficult to stay within the jump zone they took their chutes to the outdoor deck and ordered drinks. They were adrenalin junkies, but they kept it safe. The men would straggle in two or three jumps later often having landed well outside the safety area. Train riding is dangerous but often girls do it, sometimes alone. The girls tend to have drinking water and know how to hide themselves well, but it is a physically dangerous activity to hop a train on the fly or to be in a metal car in the hot desert sun all day.

Same thing with BASE jumpers, they love the thrills but they study their craft and they work out at a gym so as to be in great shape.

Its like movie industry stunt men and stunt women, they are quite safety conscious despite having a taste for adrenalin.

You see younger people buying a bullet bike and plowing into a car, oblitterating the car and themselves on contact.
tournamentking
tournamentking
December 10th, 2013 at 4:44:07 PM permalink
Bottom line, in this society, there are lots of stupid people out there who because of the misery that drives their lives, they seem to believe others will understand and sympathize with them whenever they blab about doing very moronic things like speeding to the extreme. To these people, whether they kill or maim others never enters the equation, and they couldn't care less about such a distraction.

We can very well do without these type of people.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
December 10th, 2013 at 4:46:55 PM permalink

Bottom line, in this society, there are lots of stupid people out there who because of the misery that drives their lives, they seem to believe others will understand and sympathize with them whenever they blab about doing very moronic things like speeding to the extreme. To these people, whether they kill or maim others never enters the equation, and they couldn't care less about such a distraction.

facepalm to the 10th power
MrV
MrV
December 10th, 2013 at 4:57:37 PM permalink
The problem is that many folks simply cannot handle their alcohol.

It's pretty easy to exceed .08, drive, and NOT get a DUI.

Learn how to drink, people.

It's the American Way.

*says the tea-totaler*
"What, me worry?"
zippyboy
zippyboy
December 10th, 2013 at 5:11:01 PM permalink

The problem is that many folks simply cannot handle their alcohol.

It's pretty easy to exceed .08, drive, and NOT get a DUI.

Learn how to drink, people.

It's the American Way.

*says the tea-totaler*

Just like any other hobby or talent, you gotta drink a lot every day if you're ever gonna get good at it. Practice, practice, practice!
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 10th, 2013 at 6:22:47 PM permalink
deleted
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
December 10th, 2013 at 6:29:05 PM permalink

This should be a crime. When I drove over 700
times after drinking too much, this is what I drank.

It's called a White Godfather. Fill a wide mouthed
glass with ice. Add 2oz of a good scotch, I used
Johnny Walker Red. 2oz of a good amaretto, I
used Disaronno. Fill the rest of the glass with
Half and Half, which is half milk and half cream.

This drink will knock you socks off. It's also very
expensive if you buy it in a bar. I was drinking
wholesale booze, so it didn't matter. This is so
good it should be illegal. Drink 2 of these andsee if your driving is impaired.]

my favorite drink is Mongolian Mother F'er. I part is usually 1 or 2ozs and not 1/4oz. Its a large drink and very expensive in a bar. I used to have to give an extra tip to even get the bartender to make it. Its a little fruity but it is sooo good.
http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/m/mongolian-mother-fker-5757.html

The drunkest I ever was was after drinking 4 of these and NO I didn't drive home. I only remember the night because it was my bachelor party and most of it was video taped. Oh boy that tape is going to burn me when my kids are old enough to get a hold of it.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 10th, 2013 at 6:44:04 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

The drunkest I ever was was after drinking 4 of these and NO I didn't drive home.

Too many kinds of booze. Never mix gin, vodka
and tequila, let alone with a bunch of sweet
stuff. Will make you drunk and sick, in that order.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
GWAE
GWAE
December 10th, 2013 at 6:53:20 PM permalink

Too many kinds of booze. Never mix gin, vodka
and tequila, let alone with a bunch of sweet
stuff. Will make you drunk and sick, in that order.

I have NEVER been sick after drinking and I have never had a hangover. I don't drink a lot but when I drink I drink like a fish. My father also has no memories of ever having a hang over.
Face
Administrator
Face
December 10th, 2013 at 8:12:57 PM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

Your an adrenaline junkie. Nothing wrong with that.....that's you and no you don't need help.

Yes, that is me, and I'm fine with that. Love it, in fact. It's who I am.

But the "wrong" has definitely been there at times. Those were my stories of when it was wrong. Risking my life = fine. Other's lives involuntarily = not fine.

Wasn't miserable, nor do I need understanding and especially not sympathy. Again, just sharing life experiences, the dumb stuff we do and have done. I'm open like that in hopes someone else will learn without having to do. Dialog is nice, conversation good. When people talk, lives change.

Unfortunately, I'm good at what I do and am still here today. But I do smoke, so you can rest easy knowing that it won't be for long.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 10th, 2013 at 9:27:36 PM permalink
One of the things I like best about this forum is it's about math, gambling, and some very interesting and eccentric people talking to each other as friends. Until recently, when every thread seems to contain some kind of judgment or condemnation of personal behavior. I'm specifically seeing it out of tournamentking, though he's not the only one, but he's relentless, so I'm calling him out on it, as well as others indulging their worse natures by chipping at people. This is NOT a self-help forum where you get to stage interventions on people you don't know and put them on the defensive. This is NOT a Judge Judy forum where you get to pass judgment on people who are who they are; you can enjoy their stories or not, but telling them how to live their lives is a boring and annoying turn-off. Lots of them are interesting just because they had the courage to take the road less traveled. Several interesting people are already posting less after being attacked on here, others have stopped, and it's killing the uniqueness of this forum. Cut. It. Out. Please.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 10th, 2013 at 9:35:02 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

One of the things I like best about this forum is it's about math, gambling, and some very interesting and eccentric people talking to each other as friends. Until recently, when every thread seems to contain some kind of judgment or condemnation of personal behavior. I'm specifically seeing it out of tournamentking, though he's not the only one, but he's relentless, so I'm calling him out on it, as well as others indulging their worse natures by chipping at people. This is NOT a self-help forum where you get to stage interventions on people you don't know and put them on the defensive. This is NOT a Judge Judy forum where you get to pass judgment on people who are who they are; you can enjoy their stories or not, but telling them how to live their lives is a boring and annoying turn-off. Lots of them are interesting just because they had the courage to take the road less traveled. Several interesting people are already posting less after being attacked on here, others have stopped, and it's killing the uniqueness of this forum. Cut. It. Out. Please.

+2

It's a gambling forum!
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 10th, 2013 at 9:40:46 PM permalink

I'm specifically seeing it out of tournamentking, though he's not the only one, but he's relentless, .

He reminds me of, well, me. Only he needs to
be less judgmental. There's a fine line between
witty or clever criticism, and being judgmental.
Criticism can be helpful, judgmentalism is always
meant to be hurtful.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
December 10th, 2013 at 10:13:56 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

my favorite drink is Mongolian Mother F'er. I part is usually 1 or 2ozs and not 1/4oz. Its a large drink and very expensive in a bar. I used to have to give an extra tip to even get the bartender to make it. Its a little fruity but it is sooo good.
http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/m/mongolian-mother-fker-5757.html

The drunkest I ever was was after drinking 4 of these and NO I didn't drive home. I only remember the night because it was my bachelor party and most of it was video taped. Oh boy that tape is going to burn me when my kids are old enough to get a hold of it.

light weight.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
December 10th, 2013 at 10:23:35 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Opinion obviously. Unless tournament king had a family member die from drunk driving, his suggestions are pushing it. I'm writing this drunk from a moving car right now.

TWDD: Texting While Drunk Driving your the man Tring
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
December 10th, 2013 at 10:30:44 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

+2

It's a gambling forum!

Drinking and driving is the ultimate gamble. Your betting you will get home without a DUI or worst.
MrV
MrV
December 10th, 2013 at 11:24:58 PM permalink

Criticism can be helpful, judgmentalism is always
meant to be hurtful.

So, when a mod passes judgment and nukes a poster for egregiously violating the forum rules, the mod's action is "meant to be hurtful?"

I think not.

Passing judgment can SOMETIMES be ill spirited, but often there is a dollop of concern mixed in as well.

Heck, spouses and family judge each other constantly.
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 11th, 2013 at 12:05:03 AM permalink

So, when a mod passes judgment and nukes a poster for egregiously violating the forum rules, the mod's action is "meant to be hurtful?"

I think not.

Passing judgment can SOMETIMES be ill spirited, but often there is a dollop of concern mixed in as well.

Heck, spouses and family judge each other constantly.

I don't think that's the point at all. This has been largely a judgment-free zone, where people josh each other at worst for silly behavior or reckless actions, until recently. It's not that the moderators should change their standards for banning for personal attacks; it's the tone of condemnation and forced intervention tactics that I'm objecting to, which are not really addressed in the forum rules. I'm overweight, for example; I don't come here to be told I'm fat (like I don't have a mirror) and how I should change my life by eating less and exercising more. There are forums for that, if I want to go to them; this isn't one of them, and that's part of what's great about it. People come here as they are, and unless they bring in a silly system to sell people on or something, they're accepted for who they are, whether they're AP's, casino execs, mathematicians, programmers, gamblers, whatever. Let's keep it that way; there are plenty of other places in everybody's lives where someone finds fault with their personal choices or flaws.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
December 11th, 2013 at 12:24:02 AM permalink

I don't think that's the point at all. This has been largely a judgment-free zone, where people josh each other at worst for silly behavior or reckless actions, until recently. It's not that the moderators should change their standards for banning for personal attacks; it's the tone of condemnation and forced intervention tactics that I'm objecting to, which are not really addressed in the forum rules. I'm overweight, for example; I don't come here to be told I'm fat (like I don't have a mirror) and how I should change my life by eating less and exercising more. There are forums for that, if I want to go to them; this isn't one of them, and that's part of what's great about it. People come here as they are, and unless they bring in a silly system to sell people on or something, they're accepted for who they are, whether they're AP's, casino execs, mathematicians, programmers, gamblers, whatever. Let's keep it that way; there are plenty of other places in everybody's lives where someone finds fault with their personal choices or flaws.

If your going to admit and glorify to extremely dangerous driving (in which i'm guilty of as well) or drunk driving then you should expect some extreme disapproval. I realize you don't want want the confessions to stop, and if people start chastising everyone, you fear people will reconsider confession time. I think that's selfish. If they cant stand the heat.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 11th, 2013 at 12:53:01 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

If your going to admit and glorify to extremely dangerous driving

Context, context, context. Face explained his position.
He said that's all in his past, as far as doing it on a
public road. Judging him for what he did in the past
is his god's job, not ours..

(as far as I know, Face has no god. Good for him.)
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 11th, 2013 at 1:25:04 AM permalink

I've wondered a few times when I see a poster step in and I don't recognize the handle and glance over and see that this person may have been here for years and had hundred's of posts, but hasn't hardly posted at all since I became a member, I wonder why? It is fairly common to see previously active members have went into lurk mode. So,,,, what's up? Got bored maybe, found a real life, hit the magic combo and is off reaping they're fortune at the casino's or was it something changed and the ev at the forum isn't what was first assumed?

The gambler mindset suits loners and the ap life as well. We are all risk takers. If I wanted to be converted I would ziggy over someplace that cures people of some harbored trait I wanted to change. I originally came for the craps topics and that kinda got unfriendly and the topics petered out except for the occasional noob who hasn't read back to see how there thoughts may have been examined previously. Then, when there were no more craps threads I started reading the bac threads [whew, those guys make the di's seem rational] then that got killed. It was or may be, a community of fellow gamblers who enjoy gambling, who could get all the chastising they need at home.

I stuck around for some of the other topics but some of them get rancid, I can understand how some intelligent posters who might have something worthwhile to add will just as easily not post not wanting an argument and just be lurkers?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
December 11th, 2013 at 1:52:52 AM permalink

I was talking about the 145 in a 45 stuff as well. I'm not judging in any way. TK was, I just don't think, TK should be admonished for giving his opinion about someones crimes in fear no others will post. I don't agree with his harsh opinion,. Personally, I think he just wanted to get on a soap box and stir up shit.
tringlomane
tringlomane
December 11th, 2013 at 2:21:39 AM permalink

Possibly. The fastest I ever drove a car was about 89 MPH when I was 18. I say "about" because the speedometer maxed at 85. I was going downhill and it was a shitty Cavalier. About 4 hours later, I got in my worst auto accident in my life I was going like 40 MPH then, not 89. Thank god it was only 40 MPH since it was with a Tyson chicken truck, and I did spin across the grass median, but failed to get hit again by opposing traffic. If I was on a motorcycle, I'd probably be dead instead of uninjured though. Then about 8 hours after that, I lost my virginity to great woman who didn't make it to 40 years old, sigh. Interesting weekend.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
December 11th, 2013 at 2:26:34 AM permalink

Possibly. The fastest I ever drove a car was about 89 MPH when I was 18. I say "about" because the speedometer maxed at 85. I was going downhill and it was a shitty Cavalier. About 4 hours later, I got in my worst auto accident in my life I was going like 40 MPH then, not 89. Thank god it was only 40 MPH since it was with a Tyson chicken truck, and I did spin across the grass median, but failed to get hit again by opposing traffic. If I was on a motorcycle, I'd probably be dead instead of uninjured though. Then about 8 hours after that, I lost my virginity to great woman who didn't make it to 40 years old, sigh. Interesting weekend.

ouch, 18 late start. I could not even drive a car when I lost mine, she could. I guess it could have been worst and you lost your V to a priest or uncle at age 11.
tringlomane
tringlomane
December 11th, 2013 at 2:30:26 AM permalink

ouch, 18 late start. I guess it could have been worst and you lost your V to a priest or uncle at age 11.

You met me...are you surprised it took me to 18? LOL

If high school women were interested in me, I was too aloof to notice...doh.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
December 11th, 2013 at 2:41:46 AM permalink

You met me...are you surprised it took me to 18? LOL

Fair enough. As smart as you are, I just figured you would have used some Peach schnapps, free homework and tutoring. I could have been your wing man
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 11th, 2013 at 7:09:05 AM permalink

ouch, 18 late start. I could not even drive a car when I lost mine, she could. I guess it could have been worst and you lost your V to a priest or uncle at age 11.

We're crossing the threads with "reveal a secret" here...but I did not reach the "promised land" until age 20. Yikes!
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Face
Administrator
Face
December 11th, 2013 at 10:35:34 AM permalink

Thanks, EB, as well as Babs and Axel and everyone else. But really, I'm the last person you need to defend from a judgmental peer. I’m very open to an almost alarming extent. That results in me admitting stuff many wouldn’t dare, which almost taunts one to judge. If I minded, I’d clam up. I don’t, so I expect the reaction and am prepared to discuss it. I suspect many of our stellar posters here feel the same. I actually enjoy the opposition as opposed to the agreement, as it is a chance to learn.

Common sense would lead one to believe that we all do some awfully embarrassing and shameful things. My time in Surveillance proved it. Why hide it when it’s an interesting topic?

Syrio Farel: There is only one God, and his name is Death. And what do we say to Death?

Arya Stark: Not today.
1BB
1BB
December 11th, 2013 at 1:36:06 PM permalink

Cut what out? Posting? Disagreeing? Having an opinion?

I haven't read many posts by tournamentking but I have read the ones in this thread. It seems to me that he is just stating his opinion and I doubt that he is the only one with that opinion. He may not have expressed himself in the most diplomatic way but I sense that he is passionate when it comes to the safety of his loved ones. We're not talking about craps or roulette here. In this very thread our good friend Face refers to himself as a 170 mph missile flying through traffic. Traffic - not the Bonneville Salt Flats - traffic. He also tells us in this thread, for the first time, that he hasn't done this since 2009. Good for him. If I had known that earlier I probably wouldn't have posted here. Who thinks it's okay to ride a bike through traffic at 170 mph? Anyone?

To those who think this is a gambling forum only, that ship sailed a long time ago. When I joined on July 13, 2010 I thought so too.
Yes, that is my original join date. A quick look at the different topics will show much more than gambling. The signals are mixed. The Wizard started the DT forum for non gambling topics but it's not mandatory. He has asked that those topics be discussed there but, for the most part, his wishes have fallen on deaf ears.

Trivia time. Which WOV Forum member made the following statement? "I hereby swear that I will only start gambling - related threads over here, though I will continue to post in any thread (started by someone else) that I so desire".
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
December 11th, 2013 at 1:41:18 PM permalink

Cut what out? Posting? Disagreeing? Having an opinion?

I haven't read many posts by tournamentking but I have read the ones in this thread. It seems to me that he is just stating his opinion and I doubt that he is the only one with that opinion. He may not have expressed himself in the most diplomatic way but I sense that he is passionate when it comes to the safety of his loved ones. We're not talking about craps or roulette here. In this very thread our good friend Face refers to himself as a 170 mph missile flying through traffic. Traffic - not the Bonneville Salt Flats - traffic. He also tells us in this thread, for the first time, that he hasn't done this since 2009. Good for him. If I had known that earlier I probably wouldn't have posted here. Who thinks it's okay to ride a bike through traffic at 170 mph? Anyone?

To those who think this is a gambling forum only, that ship sailed a long time ago. When I joined on July 13, 2010 I thought so too.
Yes, that is my original join date. A quick look at the different topics will show much more than gambling. The signals are mixed. The Wizard started the DT forum for non gambling topics but it's not mandatory. He has asked that those topics be discussed there but, for the most part, his wishes have fallen on deaf ears.

Trivia time. Which WOV Forum member made the following statement? "I hereby swear that I will only start gambling - related threads over here, though I will continue to post in any thread (started by someone else) that I so desire".

Ahigh?
1BB
1BB
December 11th, 2013 at 1:44:30 PM permalink
Not Ahigh.
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 11th, 2013 at 1:47:34 PM permalink

Not Ahigh.

Babs?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
December 11th, 2013 at 1:48:30 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

We're crossing the threads with "reveal a secret" here...but I did not reach the "promised land" until age 20. Yikes!

I have a feeling the academically smarter one is the later this will happen.
1BB
1BB
December 11th, 2013 at 1:49:04 PM permalink
Way off.
1BB
1BB
December 11th, 2013 at 1:52:22 PM permalink

I have a feeling the academically smarter one is the later this will happen.

Looks like EV has a different meaning here. Entering .....
  • Jump to: