Thread Rating:

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
September 19th, 2015 at 1:02:26 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Well, it looks like my statement still stands: No one has given a compelling reason as to why that would be a bad thing.

Oh, so it's fine to play favorites and piss all over the others. Hell of a way for a national leader to act. Especially one who at times preaches good will and unity.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 19th, 2015 at 1:20:40 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Lets see, being sympathetic to the faith that shouts "DEATH TO AMERICA" while deprecating the faith of the majority off the country and that harms nobody.

Seems pretty compelling, or at least should to any rational person.

Or if it applies, he is sympathetic to the religion that kills homosexuals and deprecates the one that is just against gay marriage, as he was until at least 2010!

Compelling enough?

One thing I find interesting though, is when we do have religious extremist, the Davidians, the Jones, the Warren Jeffs, I never hear anyone say the moderate Christian community is to blame for these guys.

Look at so and so, and go attack the Church down the street which had nothing to do with it.

The other thing, is unfortunately these other countries often have autocratic leaders unlike Turkey and that has something to do with their overall dysfunction.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
September 19th, 2015 at 1:30:34 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

One thing I find interesting though, is when we do have religious extremist, the Davidians, the Jones, the Warren Jeffs, I never hear anyone say the moderate Christian community is to blame for these guys.

Look at so and so, and go attack the Church down the street which had nothing to do with it.

The other thing, is unfortunately these other countries often have autocratic leaders unlike Turkey and that has something to do with their overall dysfunction.

We are not talking about an extremist fringe, we are talking about imams with millions of followers, entire countries.

You can say all this "don't blame every last muslim" line all you like, it does not change what is happening. Europe will probably have civil war in the next 50 years along Christian-Secular/muslim lines. USA will have some major uprisings. Meanwhile we enable it taking tens of thousands of refugees yearly.

Until more people have their very lives threatened by this the country will not wake up. And before anyone asks. yes, I have met people who had their very lives threatened by muslim extremists.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
September 19th, 2015 at 1:47:24 PM permalink

We are not talking about an extremist fringe, we are talking about imams with millions of followers, entire countries.

You can say all this "don't blame every last muslim" line all you like, it does not change what is happening. Europe will probably have civil war in the next 50 years along Christian-Secular/muslim lines. USA will have some major uprisings. Meanwhile we enable it taking tens of thousands of refugees yearly.

Until more people have their very lives threatened by this the country will not wake up. And before anyone asks. yes, I have met people who had their very lives threatened by muslim extremists.

Well, you need the right to actually come up with something workable besides constant defense of freedom of religion and freedom of speech in regards to religion because it applies to Islam as well.

Because I can't figure out how to defend one wacky belief from another except in terms, did someone finally break a law, now we can go after them.

Maybe Donald Trump can propose to outlaw Islam while he's at it.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 19th, 2015 at 2:16:06 PM permalink

Lets see, being sympathetic to the faith that shouts "DEATH TO AMERICA" while deprecating the faith of the majority off the country and that harms nobody.

Haha. Christianity harms nobody.

Funny joke.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 19th, 2015 at 3:01:38 PM permalink

Haha. Christianity harms nobody.

Funny joke.

Show someone being harmed then.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 19th, 2015 at 3:03:07 PM permalink

Well, you need the right to actually come up with something workable besides constant defense of freedom of religion and freedom of speech in regards to religion because it applies to Islam as well.

They can have their freedom of religion. Meanwhile I will keep pointing out the dangers of islam. There are many.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
September 19th, 2015 at 3:14:53 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Versus one in fifty boys diagnosed with autism.

There is no connection however between the two.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
ams288
ams288
September 19th, 2015 at 3:16:38 PM permalink

Show someone being harmed then.

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
September 19th, 2015 at 3:19:04 PM permalink

Lets see, being sympathetic to Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell while blaming gays and the ACLU for causing 9 11 when gays and the ACLU are not hurting anybody.

:-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 19th, 2015 at 3:20:31 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Lets see, being sympathetic to Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell while blaming gays and the ACLU for causing 9 11 when gays and the ACLU are not hurting anybody.

:-)

Two guys compared to an entire religion. Sorry, not buying it.
terapined
terapined
September 19th, 2015 at 3:20:37 PM permalink

Meanwhile I will keep pointing out the dangers of islam. There are many.

Meanwhile I will keep pointing out the dangers of Christianity. There are many

How about the Westboro Baptist church.
terapined
terapined
September 19th, 2015 at 3:21:33 PM permalink

Two guys compared to an entire religion. Sorry, not buying it.

Not just 2 guys,
2 leaders of the Christian movement
I'm a buyer :-)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 19th, 2015 at 3:26:01 PM permalink

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-right/10-worst-terror-attacks-extreme-christians-and-far-right-white-men

Still do not see where Christianity is the issue. A few lone wolves and such. Christianity does not teach bombing abortion clinics.

BTW, if you visit a mosque and ask them if gay are welcome, please let me know.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 19th, 2015 at 3:28:07 PM permalink

How about the Westboro Baptist church.

What about them? Seems they share many beliefs with muslims. You should be defending them!
ams288
ams288
September 19th, 2015 at 3:37:14 PM permalink

Still do not see where Christianity is the issue. A few lone wolves and such.

You said Christiany harms nobody. Clearly you were wrong.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 19th, 2015 at 3:39:14 PM permalink

You said Christiany harms nobody. Clearly you were wrong.

No. Not wrong at all. Those guys were not Christian, they were killers.
ams288
ams288
September 19th, 2015 at 3:41:03 PM permalink

No. Not wrong at all. Those guys were not Christian, they were killers.

LOL

Nice try.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 19th, 2015 at 3:44:18 PM permalink

LOL

Nice try.

Not a "try" at all. Just using the same logic the lefties on the board use.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
September 19th, 2015 at 3:54:01 PM permalink
Didn't AMS claim he was Gay awhile back?
Shouldn't he be hating on some Muslims,
I sure would be.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 19th, 2015 at 3:58:16 PM permalink
Trump said today:

"Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad or controversial about him? I don't think so! This is the first time in my life that I have caused controversy by NOT saying something. If someone made a nasty or controversial statement about me to the president, do you really think he would come to my rescue? No chance!"
ams288
ams288
September 19th, 2015 at 4:06:05 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Didn't AMS claim he was Gay awhile back?
Shouldn't he be hating on some Muslims,
I sure would be.

I'm gay.

A few pages back I said all religion is nonsense. Islam, Christianity, etc. Pick your poison.

I'm no defender of Islam. I just find it hypocritical when Christians try to act like their crazy beliefs are any better than those of other religions.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 19th, 2015 at 4:09:32 PM permalink

I'm no defender of Islam. I just find it hypocritical when Christians try to act like their crazy beliefs are any better than those of other religions.

Half the POINT about belonging to a religion
is so you can thumb your nose at every other
religion. Heinlein said 'One mans religion is
another mans belly laugh." Religion makes
you feel superior to everybody else, that's
it's appeal.
boymimbo
boymimbo
September 19th, 2015 at 4:34:45 PM permalink

OMG
According to AZ I'm a Muslim
LOL
I work with Muslims. Good people. (endless praise)
I cant stand gun toting Christians and religious people like Ms Davis that tries to take away rights due some make believe BS
I am announcing on this forum, I am not a Muslim, but due to my beliefs, AZ believes I'm a Muslim
I absolutely have no faith.
All this religious stuff, Christians, Jews, Muslims, its all make believe crap
By the way in this instance, I am not a Muslim, just like Obama is not a Muslim :-)

You confuse the two. Most Christians that I know (including myself) would not discriminate outwardly. It's the fundamentalists that are the issue. Fundamentalist Christians will take a piece of the bible and bend it to hell. Fundamentalist Muslims do the same with the Qaran. Those are the idiots we have to look out for.

Moderate religion is absolutely fine. Love you neighbors, deal with your own sins, some soft evangelizing, lament on how the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
boymimbo
boymimbo
September 19th, 2015 at 4:45:00 PM permalink

Still do not see where Christianity is the issue. A few lone wolves and such. Christianity does not teach bombing abortion clinics.

BTW, if you visit a mosque and ask them if gay are welcome, please let me know.

Mainstream Christianity does not. Mainstream Islam doesn't either. But fundamentalists sects of either will justify violence for a cause.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
September 19th, 2015 at 6:52:02 PM permalink
Here's a poll you will like EvenBob.

The Breitbart poll conducted in the days since the second debate has Trump at 36%, that is up slightly from the same polls 33% before the debate.

Dr Carson is at 12%, which is down 5 points from the same poll before the second debate.

Carly Fiorina is at 10%, which is up 7 points from before the debate.

The conclusion would be that the good doctor lost support that went to Fiorina, while Trump was not hurt by the debate and increased slightly.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/18/post-debate-poll-trump-increases-lead-fiorina-leaps-carson-drops/
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 19th, 2015 at 7:24:23 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Here's a poll you will like EvenBob.

Yes, I already linked to this poll yesterday.
It was done by Morning Consult, and Breitbart
was linking to it.
rxwine
rxwine
September 19th, 2015 at 8:00:52 PM permalink
Go figure.

Quote:

Donald Trump on Saturday responded to a question from CNN about whether Muslims pose a danger to the country, saying: "I love the Muslims. I think they're great people."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/19/politics/donald-trump-muslims-controversy/
ams288
ams288
September 19th, 2015 at 8:12:37 PM permalink

Go figure.

Quote:

Donald Trump on Saturday responded to a question from CNN about whether Muslims pose a danger to the country, saying: "I love the Muslims. I think they're great people."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/19/politics/donald-trump-muslims-controversy/

I can't believe the righties are supporting this Muslim sympathizer!!

;)
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
September 19th, 2015 at 8:56:28 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Dr Carson is at 12%, which is down 5 points from the same poll before the second debate.

Anyone want to take a stab as to which of Carson's comments during the 2nd debate did him the most damage? My personal opinion is that he lost the GOP crowd when he acknowledged his opposition to invading Iraq. (I could be wrong.)

Quote: Dr. Ben Carson

I haven't had an opportunity to weigh in on foreign policy, and I just want to mention that when the war, when the issue occurred in 2003, I suggested to President Bush that he not go to war? OK. So I just want that on the record.

Donald Trump also articulated his opposition to the Iraq war during the 2nd debate, but he always gets a pass. Trump has such a long long history of being liberal on so many issues, (abortion, gun control, taxes, socialized healthcare, affirmative action) that his supporters stopped caring long ago that he's a moderate pretending to be conservative.
kewlj
kewlj
September 19th, 2015 at 9:00:16 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Yes, I already linked to this poll yesterday.
It was done by Morning Consult, and Breitbart
was linking to it.

Ok, my bad, you did post those results. In my defense there was no mention of either Breitbart, nor Morning Consult in your post, nor do I see a link, so I didn't realize it was the same as what you referenced. But it's all good.
kewlj
kewlj
September 19th, 2015 at 9:50:09 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

She won on defending her firing from HP, at least, I think that she did. I felt she defended her business record well.

I don't think pointing out his bankruptcies was the winning point, simply her defense of her own business history. I don't even think it should matter as it is not relevant to the issues at hand. The fall of HP stock was one of the things that signaled the tech bubble burst, the overvaluing of tech companies, of course, being none of her doing. Also, the Compaq merger was ultimately reasonably successful, as well as other implementations, she just wasn't there long enough to see through what she started to the end. She also inherited a board that was already highly dysfunctional, her tenure can really be summarized as a semi-successful attempt at bringing order to chaos. That the floor was coming up to meet HP before she took the helm was a (possibly relatively unknown) certainty, but there was little to nothing she alone could do about it.

Forgive me for this delayed response. I honestly don't know that much about the details of Fiorina's period as CEO, so I wanted to look into it a little bit, since Carly's version and defense of events and her record, differ so dramatically from what the record appears. I think it pretty relevant because her time at HP is the basis for her qualification to be president, even according to her.

The guy that Trump referenced at the debate, Yale business professor Jeffery Sonnenfeld, opined that Fiorina ran the company into the ground, costing stockholders 50% of the stocks value while, increasing her own wealth by nearly 100 million dollars, including buy out paid at her 'firing'. Carly's defense to that is that Jeffery Sonnenfeld is a "clintonitte", who had it out for her.

Mr Sonnenfeld in an interview since the debate, claims to have no connection to the Clintons, and says he has worked with or for more republican candidates than democrats. Who knows. But Mr Sonnenfeld is not alone in his criticism of Carly's reign among business professors and experts.

One thing I find interesting is that fired CEO's are sort of like fired NFL coaches. Even when they have a bad track record, they seem to get another offer pretty quickly from another team or company. Yet Ms Fiorina has not received a single offer since her departure from HP. THAT says something about her performance, IMO.

In the 2010 California Senate campaign, Fiorina and Barbara Boxer were running neck and neck. Two polls had Boxer ahead by 1 point while the third was tied. Boxer began running the following ad (below) about Fiorina's business record and Fiorina had no real answer. She sank in the polls and lost the election by 10 points.

Now some might say that California is a democratic state and Boxer a long time incumbent, that is a race tilted towards Boxer. There is some truth to that, BUT 2010 was the tea party insurgent year. Republican candidates won races all over the place that were democratic strong holds, including senate races in Pennsylvania and Illinois. It just appears when sank like a rock when she had no answer for this ad.

I am just saying, she better come up with an answer other than "someone had it out for me", because she can expect to see more ads like this attacking her record. And for a candidate who's whole campaign is about her business record, it is very relevant.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/sep/17/barbara-boxer/ad-sen-barbara-boxer-attacks-carly-fiorina-layoffs/
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
September 20th, 2015 at 3:46:22 AM permalink

Christians don't fly airliners into skyscrapers in the name of God.

They don't board trains and busses and blow up hundreds of commuters.

They don't practice slavery.

The are not taught to slaughter non-believers.

Fifty percent of Muslim Americans believe the Koran is the word of God and should be taken literally, word for word.

Pew

9:5

Then when the sacred months have passed, then kill the Mushrikun (polytheists, disbelievers) wherever you find them.

9:23

"O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you and let them find harshness in you."

You mention you are gay.

In the Muslim faith, this is considered the worst sin of all. Even worse than denying Allah and the Prophet.

Punishable by stoning, or worse.

So, yes, Christian beliefs are certainly better than Muslim beliefs.

[al-Nisa’ 4:3]

terapined
terapined
September 20th, 2015 at 4:11:13 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Christians don't fly airliners into skyscrapers in the name of God.
So, yes, Christian beliefs are certainly better than Muslim beliefs

Christians blame America , god, Gays and the ACLU for 9/11
Christians don't blame the hijackers
Christians blame Americans for 9 11

terapined
terapined
September 20th, 2015 at 5:01:07 AM permalink
Back to 2016
I see Republican Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee is on a rant again
This time he is ranting on the nomination for Army Secretary Eric Fanning.
Is ol Huck complaining about the qualifications? nope
Is Ol Huck complaining about his previous job performance? nope
Is ol Huck complaining about his education? nope
All Huck complains about is what goes on privately in the mans bedroom
So what if he is gay.

It is just so absurd Huck complains about this.
The hate is just amazing. A person running for President so full of hate.
Its not just gay marriage Huck is against.
He is against Gays.
Really sad.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-huckabee-responds-to-eric-fanning-nomination-2015-9
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2015 at 5:43:10 AM permalink

He is against Gays.
Really sad.

Maybe he just isn't down with the lifestyle choice?

Same as Obama was not down with going to church and believing in the 2nd Amendment.

Selective rage from the left, yet again.
ams288
ams288
September 20th, 2015 at 6:43:49 AM permalink
New poll:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/20/politics/carly-fiorina-donald-trump-republican-2016-poll/index.html

Fiorina surges to 2nd place.
ams288
ams288
September 20th, 2015 at 6:44:53 AM permalink

Back to 2016
I see Republican Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee is on a rant again
This time he is ranting on the nomination for Army Secretary Eric Fanning.
Is ol Huck complaining about the qualifications? nope
Is Ol Huck complaining about his previous job performance? nope
Is ol Huck complaining about his education? nope
All Huck complains about is what goes on privately in the mans bedroom
So what if he is gay.

He is against Gays.
Really sad.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mike-huckabee-responds-to-eric-fanning-nomination-2015-9

Huck just knows his base very well: bigots.

He'll never be President so he isn't worth worrying about or paying attention to.
terapined
terapined
September 20th, 2015 at 6:51:43 AM permalink

Maybe he just isn't down with the lifestyle choice?

Fine but to ignore qualifications and base a nomination decision on a private lifestyle is absurd.
This guy wants to be president but he is fixated on private sexual matters.

When you hire or nominate somebody, you look at qualifications.
You don't ask somebody about private matters regarding a bedroom before making a decision on hiring or nominating.
Unless you are Mike Huckabee.
I think its kind of weird and disgusting that a Presidential candidate is so nosy he has to know what goes on in somebody's bedroom before he can decide if somebody is qualified.
Huck is almost bordering on being a pervert
ams288
ams288
September 20th, 2015 at 6:57:13 AM permalink

Huck is almost bordering on being a pervert

Huck is one of those guys who is so vehemently anti-gay that you have to wonder if deep down he isn't harboring some secret desires that he isn't comfortable with...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2015 at 7:57:49 AM permalink

Fine but to ignore qualifications and base a nomination decision on a private lifestyle is absurd.
This guy wants to be president but he is fixated on private sexual matters.

When you hire or nominate somebody, you look at qualifications.
You don't ask somebody about private matters regarding a bedroom before making a decision on hiring or nominating.
Unless you are Mike Huckabee.

So, you are saying that Obama did not consider let alone relish the fact that he would be appointing the first gay to the job ever?

That I find hard to believe. My thinking is given the homphile bent of the Obama administration that his being gay played a huge role.

Obama is just playing to his homophile base.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2015 at 7:59:41 AM permalink

Huck is one of those guys who is so vehemently anti-gay that you have to wonder if deep down he isn't harboring some secret desires that he isn't comfortable with...

So, by this logic then you are deep down very religious but not comfortable with it?
terapined
terapined
September 20th, 2015 at 8:18:46 AM permalink

So, you are saying that Obama did not consider let alone relish the fact that he would be appointing the first gay to the job ever?

That I find hard to believe. My thinking is given the homphile bent of the Obama administration that his being gay played a huge role.

Obama is just playing to his homophile base.

The bottom line is qualifications
Both the left and the right should never factor in privacy in the bedroom when hiring or nominating
If you have a problem with Eric Fannings qualifications, I am all ears
If you have a better nominee that is more qualified, I 'm all ears

It really amazes me that those on the right are so fixated on sexual orientation
Whats up with that?

When I heard that a gay was nominated as Secretary of the Army, I shrugged
Its meaningless his sexual orientation
I wanted to know if he was qualfied as any reasonable person would.
Seems qualified, thats all I need to know. Of course the right needs to know more
On the right, you cannot be determined to be qualified untill the right knows what goes on in the bedroom
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2015 at 8:23:56 AM permalink

It really amazes me that those on the right are so fixated on sexual orientation
Whats up with that?

Those on the right fixated on sexual preference? Ha ha! That's so cute!

The left is the homophile party and yet it is the right who........

WOW!
ams288
ams288
September 20th, 2015 at 9:54:02 AM permalink

So, by this logic then you are deep down very religious but not comfortable with it?

Nah. This analogy is flawed.

Religion is a lifestyle choice. Being gay isn't. :)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2015 at 10:25:40 AM permalink

Nah. This analogy is flawed.

Religion is a lifestyle choice. Being gay isn't. :)

Both are a choice.
reno
reno
September 20th, 2015 at 11:23:02 AM permalink

The reality is that Obama has a high number of people who believe he is a muslim (include me here) because of how he acts towards muslims (endless praise) and how he behaves towards Christians (clinging to guns and religion.)

The White House Chief of Staff is the highest ranking employee of the White House. He typically oversees the actions of the White House staff, manages the president's schedule, and decides who is allowed to meet with the president. Because of these duties, the Chief of Staff has at various times been labeled "The Gatekeeper", or "the power behind the throne".

So Obama is a Muslim. As a Muslim, he chose for a Chief of Staff the kind of guy that any Muslim would chose: Rahm Emanuel. Rahm's father, (Benjamin), was born in Jerusalem, and was a member of Irgun, a Jewish paramilitary organization that operated in Mandate Palestine. As a child, Rahm was schooled at Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School-- a private Jewish school and spent his summers in Israel. After high school, Rahm was involved with Sar-El, where he assisted the Israeli Defense Forces.

Look, Obama's choice for Chief of Staff doesn't prove Obama is a Christian or an atheist or a Jew. But if Obama was actually a Muslim I just can't see him picking Rahm Emanuel to be gate-keeper to the Oval Office. Your conspiracy theory is strange and paranoid, and requires too many bizarre leaps of logic.

Rahm, by the way, supports Obama's Iran deal. Which probably means that Rahm Emanuel is a secret closested Muslim, just like Obama is.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 20th, 2015 at 11:39:46 AM permalink
Quote: reno

Look, Obama's choice for Chief of Staff doesn't prove Obama is a Christian or an atheist or a Jew. But if Obama was actually a Muslim I just can't see him picking Rahm Emanuel to be gate-keeper to the Oval Office. Your conspiracy theory is strange and paranoid, and requires too many bizarre leaps of logic.

No, doesn't require many "logic leaps" at all. Just a look at where he grew up and his current behavior.

There will always be this little gem:

TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
September 20th, 2015 at 12:12:52 PM permalink

Maybe he's a Muslim deep-undercover spy that can't help but reveal himself when it comes to alternative sexual lifestyles ;-!
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
reno
reno
September 20th, 2015 at 12:20:10 PM permalink

There will always be this little gem.

You're so gullible.

Back in 2008, even the right-wing Washington Times debunked that soundbyte as being taken way way way out of context.

Stephanopolous interrupted Obama to correct him, but Stephanopous miseed the point of what Obama was trying to say: Obama was not proclaiming his "Muslim faith"; he was acknowledging that McCain had not specifically spread the false rumor that he (Obama) was a Muslim. He was attempting to praise John McCain!

Read the entire transcript:

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: You mentioned your Christian faith. Yesterday, you took after the Republicans for suggesting you have Muslim connections. Just a few minutes ago, Rick Davis, John McCain's campaign manager, said they've never done that. This is a false and cynical attempt to play victim.

SEN. OBAMA: You know what, these guys love to throw a rock and hide their hands.

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: But the McCain campaign has never suggested you have Muslim connections.

SEN. OBAMA: No. No. No. But I don't think that when you look at what is being promulgated on Fox News, let's say, and Republican commentators who are closely allied to these folks ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: But John McCain said that's wrong.

SEN. OBAMA: Listen, you and I both know that the minute that Governor Palin was forced to talk about her daughter, I immediately said that's off limits. And ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS: And John McCain said the same thing about questioning your faith.

SEN. OBAMA: And what was the first thing the McCain campaign went out and did? They said, look, these liberal blogs that support Obama are out there attacking Governor Palin. Let's not play games. What I was suggesting — you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith and you're absolutely right that that has not come--

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Your Christian faith.

SEN. OBAMA: My Christian faith — well, what I'm saying is ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Connections, right.

SEN. OBAMA: ... that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim, and I think that his campaign upper echelons haven't either. What I think is fair to say is that coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not what who I say I am when it comes to my faith, something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time.
  • Jump to: