September 11th, 2015 at 9:32:09 AM permalink
Here's another poll for the Trump deniers to ignore

Tied 48 - 48
In Jan 2017 it will be so sweet rubbing the Trump denier's faces in it
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
September 11th, 2015 at 10:15:40 AM permalink
I am beginning to get to the point where I will be surprised if Hillary is the Dems nominee.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
September 11th, 2015 at 11:17:47 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

I am beginning to get to the point where I will be surprised if Hillary is the Dems nominee.

+1

I still just do not get how this woman freezes out so many people. Does she have something on freaking everyone?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
September 11th, 2015 at 11:45:58 AM permalink
Weekly Schedule

Monday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Tuesday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Wednesday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Thursday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Friday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Saturday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Sunday--Even God took a day off...

Two observations...

--There are a lot of unflattering pictures of Hillary out there
--She won't win on looks...I'm beginning to wonder just how she can win...
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
September 11th, 2015 at 11:58:05 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Weekly Schedule

Monday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Tuesday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Wednesday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Thursday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Friday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary
Saturday--EB posts a less than flattering picture of Hillary

Not true. And a picture is worth a thousand words.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 11th, 2015 at 12:06:42 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Not true. And a picture is worth a thousand words.

I move we start a thread called "Unflattering Picture of Hillary of the Day"
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
September 11th, 2015 at 12:29:59 PM permalink
If you guys want some cleavage just say so. Who wants to volunteer to comb through Hillary pictures? :-)
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 11th, 2015 at 12:32:37 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

If you guys want some cleavage just say so. Who wants to volunteer to comb through Hillary pictures? :-)

There isn't enough money...........
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 12:48:18 PM permalink

I mean, c'mon. This doesn't scare you?
What is she saying with her eyes, is
it any wonder the people she closely
works with are terrified of her? That
Bill is terrified of her? If this was a
Repub woman candidate, this pic would
be in every ad the Dems ran against her.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 11th, 2015 at 12:51:26 PM permalink

We aren't in the general election yet... who is to say it won't be used in every ad the Reps run against her?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 1:21:52 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

We aren't in the general election yet... who is to say it won't be used in every ad the Reps run against her?

What's funny is, this pic has been near the
top of Drudge for 16 hours. Hillary will
never see it, but it will drive her staffers
insane, that's why Drudge is leaving it
there. He knows they check 10 times an
hour and wring their hands in dismay that
he hasn't taken it down yet.
ams288
ams288
September 11th, 2015 at 1:29:35 PM permalink
The only people who read/take Drudge seriously are intense right-wingers.

No one else pays attention.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 1:45:16 PM permalink

The only people who read/take Drudge seriously are intense right-wingers.

No one else pays attention.

WOW! Are you ever wrong. The biggest group is
Republicans, at 49%, but the rest are mostly
independents, the people both sides are
constantly courting and wooing. So you better
believe both parties almost live on Drudge, they
want to see what is influencing the highly educated
(they mostly have a college degree) independents
who are also mostly voters.

The first chart is the demographic, the second shows
that they are very politically engaged.

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
September 11th, 2015 at 2:02:32 PM permalink

The only people who read/take Drudge seriously are intense right-wingers. No one else pays attention.

Then there must be one hell of a lot of "right wingers":

"What few people know — in part because of the apparent simplicity of the site — is that Matt Drudge is arguably the single-most powerful individual in the digital news business. What few people also know is that the deceptively simple Drudge Report is one of the most successful and profitable digital media businesses on the planet.

And here are some other things that few people know. The Drudge Report is, at minimum, worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Matt Drudge, presumably, created, funded, and owns all of it.

Let's look at some numbers. The Drudge Report recently announced that it has surpassed 1 billion pageviews per month. How many pageviews is that? It's about as many pageviews as The New York Times reportedly got per month as recently as a couple of years ago. The Drudge Report has 14.4 million US readers per month — only slightly fewer readers than The New York Times (16.4 million), per Quantcast. In short, the Drudge Report is almost as big a digital media property as The New York Times." business insider

Wikipedia quotes the following pundits:

"In their 2006 book The Way To Win, Mark Halperin and John Harris report that Republican National Convention chairman Ken Mehlman "kind of brags" (as CNN host Howard Kurtz puts it) about utilizing the Drudge channel.[20] They also wrote that "Drudge, with his droll Dickensian name, was not the only media or political agent whose actions led to John Kerry's defeat. But his role placed him at the center of the game."[21]

In 2006, Time named Drudge one of the 100 most influential people in the world,[22] describing the Drudge Report as "a ludicrous combination of gossip, political intrigue and extreme weather reports ... still put together mostly by the guy who started out as a convenience-store clerk."

ABC News concluded that the Drudge Report sets the tone for national political coverage.[23] The article says "Republican operatives keep an open line to Drudge, often using him to attack their opponents."

In October 2006, Washington Post editor Len Downie, speaking at the Online News Association's annual convention in Washington, D.C., said "Our largest driver of traffic is Matt Drudge."[24]"

Even the avowedly liberal Pew Research Center acknowledges the pervasive influence of this handful of workers:

"Two decades later, while Drudge is still a small scale operation, it remains, according to the data, an influential driver of traffic to top news sites. The Drudge Report ranked as a driver of traffic to all but six of the top sites studied. And, more striking, it ranked second or third in more than half (12), outpacing Facebook.
In some cases, Drudgereport.com is an extremely important traffic driver. While Facebook never drove more than 8% of traffic to any one site, for instance, Drudgereport.com provided more than 30% of traffic to mailonline.co.uk (the British newspaper site the Daily Mail), 19% of the traffic to the NYPost.com, 15% to Washingtonpost.com and 11% to Boston.com and FoxNews.com.
In other words, the Drudge Report’s influence cuts across both traditional organizations such as ABC News to more tabloid style outlets such as the New York Post. What’s more, Drudge Report drove more links than Facebook or Twitter on all the sites to which it drove traffic."

Such is fhe folly of not checking easily findable facts.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
September 11th, 2015 at 2:06:39 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Then there must be one hell of a lot of "right wingers":

"What few people know — in part because of the apparent simplicity of the site — is that Matt Drudge is arguably the single-most powerful individual in the digital news business. What few people also know is that the deceptively simple Drudge Report is one of the most successful and profitable digital media businesses on the planet.

And here are some other things that few people know. The Drudge Report is, at minimum, worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Matt Drudge, presumably, created, funded, and owns all of it.

Let's look at some numbers. The Drudge Report recently announced that it has surpassed 1 billion pageviews per month. How many pageviews is that? It's about as many pageviews as The New York Times reportedly got per month as recently as a couple of years ago. The Drudge Report has 14.4 million US readers per month — only slightly fewer readers than The New York Times (16.4 million), per Quantcast. In short, the Drudge Report is almost as big a digital media property as The New York Times." business insider

Wikipedia quotes the following pundits:

"In their 2006 book The Way To Win, Mark Halperin and John Harris report that Republican National Convention chairman Ken Mehlman "kind of brags" (as CNN host Howard Kurtz puts it) about utilizing the Drudge channel.[20] They also wrote that "Drudge, with his droll Dickensian name, was not the only media or political agent whose actions led to John Kerry's defeat. But his role placed him at the center of the game."[21]

In 2006, Time named Drudge one of the 100 most influential people in the world,[22] describing the Drudge Report as "a ludicrous combination of gossip, political intrigue and extreme weather reports ... still put together mostly by the guy who started out as a convenience-store clerk."

ABC News concluded that the Drudge Report sets the tone for national political coverage.[23] The article says "Republican operatives keep an open line to Drudge, often using him to attack their opponents."

In October 2006, Washington Post editor Len Downie, speaking at the Online News Association's annual convention in Washington, D.C., said "Our largest driver of traffic is Matt Drudge."[24]"

Even the avowedly liberal Pew Research Center acknowledges the pervasive influence of this handful of workers:

"Two decades later, while Drudge is still a small scale operation, it remains, according to the data, an influential driver of traffic to top news sites. The Drudge Report ranked as a driver of traffic to all but six of the top sites studied. And, more striking, it ranked second or third in more than half (12), outpacing Facebook.
In some cases, Drudgereport.com is an extremely important traffic driver. While Facebook never drove more than 8% of traffic to any one site, for instance, Drudgereport.com provided more than 30% of traffic to mailonline.co.uk (the British newspaper site the Daily Mail), 19% of the traffic to the NYPost.com, 15% to Washingtonpost.com and 11% to Boston.com and FoxNews.com.
In other words, the Drudge Report’s influence cuts across both traditional organizations such as ABC News to more tabloid style outlets such as the New York Post. What’s more, Drudge Report drove more links than Facebook or Twitter on all the sites to which it drove traffic."

Such is fhe folly of not checking easily findable facts.

Never heard of Matt Drudge
What kind of original news stories has he written recently?
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 11th, 2015 at 2:08:31 PM permalink
In this case I think the "independent" means to the right of the GOP. There's a small but loud percentage of rightwingers who seem to disown the GOP to a certain extent for not being extreme enough, or wimpering cowards, or rhinos .
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
September 11th, 2015 at 2:09:04 PM permalink

Awwww, complaining about how a favored candidate is portrayed by a major contributor to this list of pejoratives just collected from this forum:

. Sarah Palin is and was dumb as a bag of hammers. She was ignorant as hell. She had no idea what the Bush Doctrine was. She couldn't name a single Supreme court case other than Roe V Wade she disagreed with, heck she could have gone with something obvious that everyone despises like the Dredd Scott Decision. Hell the woman couldn't even name a magazine she reads.

She also continues to say dumb things like

Good God, Mr. President. To partner with Iran is to trust the enemy, which is insane. Iran has complicity in the rise of ISIS as it supports radical militias and arms Islamic terrorists.

which is super stupid since Iran is actively fighting ISIS also Iran is Shia Muslim and ISIS is an ultra radical form of Sunni Muslim, which makes sense since one of their biggest complaints was they were being forced out of the majority Shia government of iraq.

I don't have to be scared of her to realize she was a raging moron and still is to this day. Also plenty of people call Gohmert a moron, and he is, but I don't think any liberal anywhere is afraid of Gohmert. Sometimes your side just has some idiots on it and people call it like they see it.
------
I totally agree.
The Palins drink and drink heavy and they brawl.
I dont drink.
Happy the Palins are not my neighbors.
-----
LOL - cue the violins.
Just Google "Palin White Trash Brawl."
You'll get plenty of hits.
-----

They're just awful people.
---
What’s the difference between Sarah Palin’s mouth and vagina?

Not everything that comes out of her vagina is retarded…
------

I always wondered why her eldest daughter chose to have sex over and over without protection. She was saying 'Screw you, mom! Everything's always about you, we get ignored so you can be a hotshot politician. Well, I hope I get pregnant!'
----
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 11th, 2015 at 2:12:09 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Never heard of Matt Drudge
What kind of original news stories has he written recently?

He does not need to write much on his own, he hasn't the past several years. But his page is great to get a quick view of a great cross-section of stories. The guy is a true self-made American success story. Best part is for all that success he does not seek the spotlight. One of the more reclusive famous men of our time.

Quote: rxwine

In this case I think the "independent" means to the right of the GOP. There's a small but loud percentage of rightwingers who seem to disown the GOP to a certain extent for not being extreme enough, or wimpering cowards, or rhinos .

It is spelled "RINO"
rxwine
rxwine
September 11th, 2015 at 2:13:03 PM permalink
Professional pundits look at drudge, no doubt. Because it's their job.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 2:13:55 PM permalink
And here's another stat nobody believes. 55% of
the audience of FoxNews is independents and Dems.
It's almost the same demo Drudge has, lots and lots
of highly educated independents trying to decide
which side to vote for.

"and you end up with 55 percent of the Fox News audience that doesn’t self-identify as conservative."
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 2:16:02 PM permalink

Professional pundits look at drudge, no doubt. Because it's their job.

Drudge gets 2 mil unique hits a day and
half of them are independents and Dems.
Pundits and staffers live on Drudges page.
rxwine
rxwine
September 11th, 2015 at 2:19:16 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It is spelled "RINO"

Hah.

Republican, Hell, in name only!!!
R H I N O
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
September 11th, 2015 at 2:22:47 PM permalink

Never heard of Matt Drudge. What kind of original news stories has he written recently?

To cure being so out-of-touch, a visit to his page would be in order. Or if that is too repellent, just look up the meaning of aggregator.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 11th, 2015 at 2:23:16 PM permalink

Hah.

Republican, Hell, in name only!!!
R H I N O

Next time I hear that one will be the second time I've heard it.
rxwine
rxwine
September 11th, 2015 at 2:24:36 PM permalink

Drudge gets 2 mil unique hits a day and
half of them are independents and Dems.

Probably from you guys putting links to Drudge. Can't remember the last time I sourced from there myself.
rxwine
rxwine
September 11th, 2015 at 2:26:22 PM permalink

Next time I hear that one will be the second time I've heard it.

Yeah, made it up on the spot and worth half as much I'm sure.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
September 11th, 2015 at 2:26:27 PM permalink

Probably from you guys putting links to Drudge. Can't remember the last time I sourced from there myself.

How many links to Drudge have come from "you guys"?
rxwine
rxwine
September 11th, 2015 at 2:28:56 PM permalink

I don't know. Do you prefer you dudes?
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 2:35:18 PM permalink

You don't know what 'unique hit' means. If I go
to drudge 10 times a day, it's only counted
as one unique hit. He has over 2 mil DIFFERENT
UNIQUE people a day who look at his page and
half of them are independents and dems.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
September 11th, 2015 at 2:40:56 PM permalink

I don't know.

In that case, the proferred origination for the hits is obviously improbable.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 11th, 2015 at 2:44:28 PM permalink
Perry out.

Not huge news, but might let Carly into the top tier for debates.
rxwine
rxwine
September 11th, 2015 at 2:49:46 PM permalink

In that case, the proferred origination for the hits is obviously improbable.

Dudes it is then.

This is my general link source.

Quote:

Google News watches more than 4500[4] news sources worldwide. Versions for more than 60 regions in 28 languages were available in March 2012. As of September 2015, service is offered in the following 35 languages: Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malayalam, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.[5]

The service covers news articles appearing within the past 30 days on various news websites. In total, Google News aggregates content from more than 25,000 publishers.[6] For the English language, it covers about 4,500 sites;[7] for other languages, fewer. Its front page provides roughly the first 200 characters of the article and a link to its larger content. Websites may or may not require a subscription; sites requiring subscription are noted in the article description.[8]

terapined
terapined
September 11th, 2015 at 2:51:36 PM permalink

I move we start a thread called "Unflattering Picture of Hillary of the Day"

Either do it or don't
"I Move" means nothing
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 3:04:01 PM permalink

Perry out.

terapined
terapined
September 11th, 2015 at 3:14:06 PM permalink

He does not need to write much on his own, he hasn't the past several years. But his page is great to get a quick view of a great cross-section of stories.

I prefer Google news

To cure being so out-of-touch, a visit to his page would be in order. Or if that is too repellent, just look up the meaning of aggregator.

I prefer Google news
https://news.google.com/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn&ei=SVHzVY_nKIHXgwTJzZbwDw&ved=0CAUQqS4oBQ

I just checked out the Drudge Report.
Is there some daily report written by him? Weekly report? Monthly report.
Its all links.
Shouldn't it be the Drudge Links rather then report?
Google News is all links also.
Why go to Drudge when Google gets the job done?
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 3:28:00 PM permalink

I just went to Google News and what a cumbersome
page. Scroll and scroll and scroll. On Drudge, in
3 short scrolls I can see links to 60 stories. It's very
fast and efficient and changes constantly. It's the
modern page for the modern world.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
September 11th, 2015 at 3:32:28 PM permalink

I just checked out the Drudge Report.
Is there some daily report written by him? Weekly report? Monthly report.
Its all links.

See above reference to "aggregator," a common term in this day and age.

Some people might feel fully informed with that. Some people might also feel fully comfortable with Google tracking all their moves.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 11th, 2015 at 4:33:10 PM permalink

Why? It works just fine as is.

Quote:

Google News is all links also.

Well, Drudge was there first and Drudge gets the job done for a huge part of the population. I like the cross-section of his links and know where the other links I want to use are on the page without looking. All that has really change is he puts more pictures than he did 10 years ago.

No need to change.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 4:45:28 PM permalink

Well, Drudge was there first and Drudge gets the job done for a huge part of the population. .

The benefit of Drudge is it's so fricking easy
and fast to view 40-50 headlines. It takes
less than 30 seconds and you're outa there.

Drudge has never changed the page format
and never will. He says you lose 20% of your
audience every time you change.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 11th, 2015 at 4:50:31 PM permalink

The benefit of Drudge is it's so fricking easy
and fast to view 40-50 headlines. It takes
less than 30 seconds and you're outa there.

Liberals are still sore at Drudge for not only breaking the Lewinsky story, but that CBS was covering for Clinton by sitting on it.
ams288
ams288
September 11th, 2015 at 5:15:37 PM permalink
Haha my Drudge comment inspired 2.5 pages of righties coming to its defense! Kinda like when you insult FOX. They can't stand it....
terapined
terapined
September 11th, 2015 at 5:57:15 PM permalink

Why? It works just fine as is.

Sure its fine as is.
With all the righties raving about it, I had high expectations.
well
I expected to read a report by Drudge, that's all. I was expecting a well written well thought out reports by him.
That's why I come here to WOV and DT, because many posts are well written and well thought out.
Was disappointed it was all just links.
If I want that, I go to Fark, much more entertaining.
He has a short funny original comment describing each link

http://www.fark.com/
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 6:21:08 PM permalink

Liberals are still sore at Drudge for not only breaking the Lewinsky story, but that CBS was covering for Clinton by sitting on it.

The day the Lewinsky story broke on Drudge,
I made it my home page and it's never been
changed. The first thing I see every day is
Drudge.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 6:22:31 PM permalink

Haha my Drudge comment inspired 2.5 pages of righties coming to its defense! Kinda like when you insult FOX. They can't stand it....

It's because your comment was totally wrong
and totally misinformed. You're in the dark
about any real facts just like most libs.
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 6:25:56 PM permalink

Was disappointed it was all just links.

What the hell did you think it was, one guy
writing 100 stories a day?

The amount of ignorance on this thread is
mind boggling. It's like Rush is always
saying, Libs live in a bubble totally unaware
of anything outside the bubble.
terapined
terapined
September 11th, 2015 at 6:53:26 PM permalink

What the hell did you think it was, one guy
writing 100 stories a day?

I honestly thought I would see a report by a guy named Drudge.
With a name like "Drudge Report" , why would I even think he was writing 100 stories a day?
I think a report a day on what Drudge thinks of the current issues would not be to much to expect.
How about this for an improvement, keep the links, add a report from Drudge.
I have a lot of respect for original well thought out writing such as many of the posts here.
Anybody can link, we do it here sometimes.

Colbert report, do expect a TV show on links, no , you hear and see Colbert giving a original report.
rxwine
rxwine
September 11th, 2015 at 7:31:52 PM permalink
Never knew Drudge was gay. Can't say I knew much about him anyway.

Quote:

Daulerio said he isn’t worried about the possibility of Drudge suing Gawker.

"He’s going to sue us because he’s gay?" Daulerio said. "Not our fault. Blame God."

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=entertainment&sc=culture&sc3=&id=133046
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 11th, 2015 at 8:03:14 PM permalink

Never knew Drudge was gay.

You still don't, he has never said or been
outed successfully. He is Jewish though,
that's a fact.
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
September 11th, 2015 at 9:00:49 PM permalink

You still don't, he has never said or been
outed successfully. He is Jewish though,
that's a fact.

Since he made the Out 100 three years running, I'm going to go ahead and doubt that.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
September 11th, 2015 at 9:28:31 PM permalink

Haha my Drudge comment inspired 2.5 pages of righties coming to its defense!

That is one heck of a response when someone revels in being shown to be completely in error once again. But if that's what gives pleasure, keep at it. Even if it's constructive for just one side.
  • Jump to: