Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 30th, 2015 at 3:48:52 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Conservatives mens war on Women.
Totally agree.

Having a different opinion is not a war.
RonC
RonC
November 30th, 2015 at 4:07:58 PM permalink
THE NEW BIRTHERS...

Okay, my Liberal and Democrat friends, are you willing to call him wrong?

"Colmes interrupted, suggesting that Cruz’s citizenship is relatable to Obama’s, but according to Grayson, who studied law at Harvard, it’s Cruz’s citizenship that is suspect, and he has plans to do something about it:

“I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination, and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s ineligible.”"

http://ij.com/2015/11/482314-grayson-cruz-lawsuit/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=Partners&utm_term=PRM7&utm_campaign=
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 30th, 2015 at 4:45:25 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

THE NEW BIRTHERS...

Only if he looks at real documents and call them fakes.

For instance, you want to challenge Obama on some technical thing in the law or what the Constitution defines, that's fine.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 30th, 2015 at 4:47:31 PM permalink

THE NEW BIRTHERS...

"Colmes interrupted, suggesting that Cruz’s citizenship is relatable to Obama’s, but according to Grayson, who studied law at Harvard, it’s Cruz’s citizenship that is suspect, and he has plans to do something about it:

“I’m waiting for the moment that he gets the nomination, and then I will file that beautiful lawsuit saying that he’s unqualified for the job because he’s ineligible.”"

http://ij.com/2015/11/482314-grayson-cruz-lawsuit/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=Partners&utm_term=PRM7&utm_campaign=

Cruz is not going to be President
But anyway
The only qualifications to be President is to win the Electoral college
I could care less where somebody is born.
Let the people decide.
If the American People want to elect a Martian from Mars, so be it
How can I be a new birther when I simply accept the will of the people regardless where somebody is born :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
terapined
terapined
November 30th, 2015 at 4:49:17 PM permalink

Having a different opinion is not a war.

There is no war on Christmas.
There is a war on Women. Trying to take away rights the majority supports.
RonC
RonC
November 30th, 2015 at 4:53:04 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Only if he looks at real documents and call them fakes.

For instance, you want to challenge Obama on some technical thing in the law or what the Constitution defines, that's fine.

Cruz is qualified to be President...just as Obama was.

So I called out birthers but you none of you can just say that Grayson is wrong...

Interesting...
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 30th, 2015 at 5:01:13 PM permalink

So I called out birthers but you none of you can just say that Grayson is wrong...

Interesting...

I don't know if Grayson is right or wrong, so I can't offer a defense or apology. I thought it was common knowledge that Cruz was born in Canada to a Cuban and a Canadian, so he couldn't win, for a couple years now (nothing says he can't RUN, just that he can't take office). I don't know how he's getting around that little speedbump, whether it was an urban legend, or he has some explanation that meets the requirement.

You're welcome to provide facts if they're available.

Edit: Ok, Snopes makes a compelling argument that Cruz is a US Citizen, so the Cruz birthers are as wrong as the Obama birthers were/are. The link:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/cruz/canada.asp
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rxwine
rxwine
November 30th, 2015 at 5:01:58 PM permalink

Interesting...

Sorry, you didn't understand. There's zero to nothing wrong with challenging Natural Born citizenship if it hasn't been defined.

What was wrong with the Obama challenge is they started saying even his evidence was false when it was presented.

Produced his evidence, and have it called fake is not rational.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
terapined
terapined
November 30th, 2015 at 5:17:27 PM permalink

So I called out birthers but you none of you can just say that Grayson is wrong......

GRAYSON IS WRONG
Didn't you get the gist on my post
My view is that if you have the support of the people, you should be President no matter where you are born
but anyway
read my posts
and
GRAYSON IN WRONG

Interesting...

Actually not interesting if you read my posts
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 30th, 2015 at 5:27:52 PM permalink

GRAYSON IS WRONG
Actually not interesting if you read my posts

Please don't damper RonC's joy of constantly finding hypocrisy where none exists.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
ams288
ams288
November 30th, 2015 at 5:30:48 PM permalink
Back to the election....

At this point, I say Trump gets the Republican nomination.

He's #1 in every poll, state and national. He should win Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina easily.

If that happens, how could he not be the nominee??
RonC
RonC
November 30th, 2015 at 6:42:34 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Please don't damper RonC's joy of constantly finding hypocrisy where none exists.

Whatever.

I have consistently criticized Conservatives/Republicans when I feel that they are out of line and not heard the same from Liberals/Democrats when their folks do dumb things. I appreciate the fact that you guys stepped in and said Grayson was wrong in this case...
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
November 30th, 2015 at 7:53:27 PM permalink

Interesting...

I thought you said " Okay, my Liberal and Democrat friends, are you willing to call him wrong? " It appeared that you only wanted comments from Liberals and Democrats, neither of which I identify with.

Sheriff Joe thinks O's birth cert is fake; http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sheriff-joe-arpaio-suggests-obamas-birth-certificate-is-a-forgery/

Grayson was one of the few who agreed with Ron Paul over auditing the fed:
He is definitely quirky, but if challenging Cruz [if he gets elected] which he won't is the price we have to pay to audit the fed, it's easily worth it.

Besides, you have to keep a close eye on those Canadians. : )
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 30th, 2015 at 8:00:08 PM permalink

Conservatives mens war on Women.

Muslims are now "conservative"??????
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 30th, 2015 at 8:03:19 PM permalink

My view is that if you have the support of the people, you should be President no matter where you are born

What's a Constitution, Daddy?
terapined
terapined
November 30th, 2015 at 10:19:04 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

What's a Constitution, Daddy?

Change the Constitution
Power to the People
Right on ( the slang, not literal) :-)

I was just trying to make the point that all this birther stuff is a bunch of BS regardless if its coming right or left
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
November 30th, 2015 at 11:35:03 PM permalink

Back to the election....

At this point, I say Trump gets the Republican nomination.

He's #1 in every poll, state and national. He should win Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina easily.

If that happens, how could he not be the nominee??

Trump will not do well in Iowa. Iowa has a complex process and it takes massive organization to get convention delegates. In order to get National convention delegates, a candidate must have a slate of delegates or supporters in each of the 99 counties in Iowa and those delegates must be willing to go to the state convention at a later time and vote for the candidate. If a candidate doesn't have a full slate of delegates in each county, they are under-represented at the state convention, when they vote for the actual National Convention delegates.

For example in 2012, Rick Santorum won 24.56% of the vote, Mitt Romney 24.53% and Ron Paul 21.43%. But Ron Paul won 22 of the 28 national convention delegates with Romney winning the other 6. Santorum who got more votes than anybody, got zero delegates, because he did not have a slate of delegates in most counties. Romney also did not have a slate of delegates in many counties. Ron Paul who had a massive ground game, was the only one to have a slate of delegates in every county. In some of the smaller counties, he was the only one to have any delegates.

Trump doesn't have that kind of ground game and is unlikely to have a slate of delegates in most counties, much like Santorum. Meanwhile Ted Cruz's father is a minister and has been practically living in Iowa for the last 6 months, visiting churches and building ground troops and delegate slates, meaning even if he doesn't finish first, Cruz is likely to get more delegates.

Why we allow Iowa the honor of the first voting contest and whittling down the field, when their process is so screwed up is beyond me. :/
rxwine
rxwine
November 30th, 2015 at 11:51:10 PM permalink
Trump will create a lot of noise and make a lot of accusations if he wins the votes but not the delegates.

But he will create a lot of noise anyway.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 1st, 2015 at 12:25:17 AM permalink
I can't believe how much energy you people
expend in this thread. It's yours to waste, I
guess. AZ and I made a pact over a month
ago to ignore it, and our lives have been
immensely enriched.

Carry on, who cares..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
RonC
RonC
December 1st, 2015 at 1:31:19 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

immensely enriched.

Carry on, who cares..

Thanks for stopping by for a quick snipe!
I'm glad your lives have been enriched...though for the life of
me I can't understand how much impact ignoring a thread
could really have on one's life.

Stay away, who cares?

You comment where you want and the rest of us will comment where we want!
RonC
RonC
December 1st, 2015 at 1:37:25 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Trump will create a lot of noise and make a lot of accusations if he wins the votes but not the delegates.

But he will create a lot of noise anyway.

I agree--anything that doesn't go his way will be a reason to claim unfairness in the process, even though it is clear from previous elections how it works.

Hillary is beatable and her best chance at being President was probably eight years ago (best, not only...she still could win this time around but it would have been easier for her to win a general election last time) but Trump could practically give her the Presidency by losing closely in the race for the Republican nomination, saying it is "unfair", and going the third party route.
RonC
RonC
December 1st, 2015 at 1:39:32 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I thought you said " Okay, my Liberal and Democrat friends, are you willing to call him wrong? " It appeared that you only wanted comments from Liberals and Democrats, neither of which I identify with.

Sorry if I excluded you...not intentional; I'll use better wording next time!
ams288
ams288
December 1st, 2015 at 4:19:15 AM permalink

ago to ignore it

Thank you. The thread is much better off for it.
terapined
terapined
December 1st, 2015 at 4:43:47 AM permalink

immensely enriched.

Carry on, who cares..

Cool, no AZ or EB here.
My life just got immensely enriched :-)

You posted here to say you are not posting lol
This from the leading poster at this site
This is absurd, you live on this board
terapined
terapined
December 1st, 2015 at 4:45:59 AM permalink
Dup post
kewlj
kewlj
December 1st, 2015 at 8:05:43 AM permalink
This election is both fun and frustrating at the same time for me. I don't know who I want to support. I was and tentatively still am supporting Trump. I even switched party affiliation so I could participate in the Nevada caucuses.

My initial and main draw to Trump was immigration and even THAT, I am torn on. I know all our families (except maybe 2feathers...lol) came from somewhere. My people from Ireland and came here seeking and eventually finding a better life. That is sort of what America is. But things are out of control. Too many coming in, not enough jobs and many just end up on some sort of assistance program. We, as a country just can't sustain that. So as abrasive and insulting as some of Trump's immigration rhetoric has been, he's the one talking about doing something.

But as time goes on, he shows himself to be less and less presidential and seemingly capable of handling all aspects of the job. He surely would have difficulty adjusting to the way Washington works (or doesn't work) and actually compromising with congress. That's not his way. I am also not sure about his mental capacity. But on the other hand George W was president and I questioned his mental capacity....lol.

I don't see any one else on the republican side that I like. Carson not qualified. Cruz too extreme for me. I don't believe he is actually eligible to be president, but that's a different discussion. I don't want another Bushie. Rubio talks a good game, BUT he really is the republican version of Obama. Exact same resume. 8 years of state government and less than 1 term as a US senator. He is a great speaker, just like Obama, but short on experience.

On the dems side, I really don't care for Hilary. I supported her in 2008 in the primaries. That was her time. I think her time has passed. She has too much baggage for me.

I just don't know. I wish we had MORE candidate......lol.
kewlj
kewlj
December 1st, 2015 at 8:18:46 AM permalink
Oh and by the way, EvenBob, you are a political junkie with strong views. You know you want to participate. I don't know why you are denying yourself that enjoyment. From your post it seems as if you think you are punishing the rest of us.....Your not! Most don't care. I enjoy you and find you entertaining in most instances. The only one you are punishing is yourself. Stop being a baby and join in....you know you want to. :)
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
December 1st, 2015 at 8:37:26 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Oh and by the way, EvenBob, you are a political junkie with strong views. You know you want to participate. I don't know why you are denying yourself that enjoyment. From your post it seems as if you think you are punishing the rest of us.....Your not! Most don't care. I enjoy you and find you entertaining in most instances. The only one you are punishing is yourself. Stop being a baby and join in....you know you want to. :)

I don't miss EB in this thread, there is plenty of EB to enjoy elsewhere.....
But I do miss AZ.
I know the thread is loooooong winded, I tire of listening to a couple of the most prolific posters, but it is a good thread overall. Did I mention that I miss AZ?
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
December 1st, 2015 at 8:48:20 AM permalink
kewlj,

You might give John Kasich another look (since you don't mention him above). If I vote for a Republican, it will be him. Haven't decided yet, but the Florida Rep primary is just a couple months away, and I will definitely vote for him (or possibly Christie) if either is still running then.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
December 1st, 2015 at 8:58:26 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

kewlj,

You might give John Kasich another look (since you don't mention him above). If I vote for a Republican, it will be him. Haven't decided yet, but the Florida Rep primary is just a couple months away, and I will definitely vote for him (or possibly Christie) if either is still running then.

If I thought that Kasich had a chance to win, I might lean that way. Right now I am leaning towards Rubio or Christie, although I'm not sure that Christie has a chance to win either. It may be Rubio.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
kewlj
kewlj
December 1st, 2015 at 9:00:24 AM permalink

kewlj,

I looked at Kasich after his first debate which he came off good. I don't know....he doesn't light a fire under me. I also don't like his immigration policy....amnesty. I think his latest debate performance in which he compassionately spoke about amnesty for the 12 million illegals currently here (and was booed) makes it very difficult for him to go anywhere with a policy like that, that is so different than where most republicans voters are at.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
December 1st, 2015 at 2:59:46 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I looked at Kasich after his first debate which he came off good. I don't know....he doesn't light a fire under me. I also don't like his immigration policy....amnesty. I think his latest debate performance in which he compassionately spoke about amnesty for the 12 million illegals currently here (and was booed) makes it very difficult for him to go anywhere with a policy like that, that is so different than where most republicans voters are at.

I think he's in the "practical" or even "pragmatic" approach to it. The idea that you can simply round up 12 million people, many of whom have US Citizen babies (like it or not) and throw them out is a pipe dream, not to mention a legal nightmare and incredibly expensive, as well as leaving millions of jobs un-done that Americans don't want to do, mostly in agriculture, which would push food prices up significantly.

As my mom likes to say, "we deal with what is". Do what needs to be done for the present situation, legislate for the future, enforce the rules. It will never get fixed if Republicans are counting on building a Great Wall and tossing bodies over it.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 1st, 2015 at 11:36:06 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Quote: petroglyph

Maybe Trump was thinking about these guys? http://www.todayscatholicworld.com/mossad-agents-911.htm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/2001/09/18/northern-new-jersey-draws-probers-eyes/40f82ea4-e015-4d6e-a87e-93aa433fafdc/?postshare=7281448290025183&tid=ss_fb

CNN Muslims celebrating after 911 and other attacks
https://youtu.be/W5BtQgTGOI4

Quote:

I doubt it, he pretty clearly said Muslims.

Maybe this is it? http://www.brasschecktv.com/videos/the-911-files/major-911-us-news-media-fraud.html
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Sep 28, 2016
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
December 3rd, 2015 at 7:22:39 AM permalink

More evidence of Trumps claims of Muslim Parties after and during 9/11.

He was simply right. I don't like Trump, but he is right about Muslims.
Gandler
Gandler
December 3rd, 2015 at 9:22:49 AM permalink
I am extremely curious of how many people here who were so quick to jump on the PP shooter (who had no religious connections or political connections) for being a terrorist (while police said the motives were unknown) are going to now trust the police that the motives are unknown after a heavily religious Muslim couple (with many religious connections) attacks a Christmas Party in a medical facility.

But it probably had nothing to do with their religion, it was probably the fault of the offensive Christmas celebration.
ams288
ams288
December 3rd, 2015 at 9:28:11 AM permalink

I am extremely curious of how many people here who were so quick to jump on the PP shooter (who had no religious connections or political connections) for being a terrorist (while police said the motives were unknown) are going to now trust the police that the motives are unknown after a heavily religious Muslim couple (with many religious connections) attacks a Christmas Party in a medical facility.

But it probably had nothing to do with their religion, it was probably the fault of the offensive Christmas celebration.

Terrorism comes in many forms.

I suspected terrorism pretty early yesterday when it was becoming clear that this wasn't the standard repressed-white-guy-with-a-gun massacre.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
December 3rd, 2015 at 9:56:56 AM permalink
I think they were terrorists in SB, set up and ready to go. I don't know whether they planned ahead for that specific event, but it's looking like it. Who knows why (nobody seems to, yet), whether the desire to create havoc was colored by some personal grudge, or it was just logistics and familiarity with the layout and how people would react, or something else.
Gandler
Gandler
December 3rd, 2015 at 10:26:29 AM permalink

Terrorism comes in many forms.

I suspected terrorism pretty early yesterday when it was becoming clear that this wasn't the standard repressed-white-guy-with-a-gun massacre.

The difference here is this was a economically successful couple from a stable family and were hard workers, and until this incident high functioning members of society. They had good jobs, homes, were well liked, etc... What could be their motivation to shoot up a holiday party?

Did they both go insane simultaneously? Or were they fulfilling a religious calling? Even their parents accused them of being heavily religious by their standards.
ams288
ams288
December 3rd, 2015 at 10:37:29 AM permalink

The difference here is this was a economically successful couple from a stable family and were hard workers, and until this incident high functioning members of society. They had good jobs, homes, were well liked, etc... What could be their motivation to shoot up a holiday party?

Did they both go insane simultaneously? Or were they fulfilling a religious calling? Even their parents accused them of being heavily religious by their standards.

Don't expect me to defend Islam.

I hate religion. To me, I equate all religions like mental illness, but I do realize some are worse than others.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 3rd, 2015 at 10:52:04 AM permalink

...To me, I equate all religions like mental illness...

+ infinity

The world is full of suckers.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
rxwine
rxwine
December 3rd, 2015 at 10:54:22 AM permalink

Quote:

Farook had been at the party before the shooting and left "under some circumstances that were described as angry,"

Office Christmas party. That's where many people forget not everyone is a Christian. Maybe someone thanked him for being one of the good Muslims and that set him off.

Maybe he heard a lot of comments before he didn't like. A motive isn't an excuse to do something, it's just a motive.

He obviously didn't buy all the gear after getting mad, so he was going to do something eventually. But that might have come to a head at the moment for some reason.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
December 3rd, 2015 at 11:38:52 AM permalink
So, here's an idea. Keep your guns. Ban religions. We're a secular country per the First Amendment anyway.
Gandler
Gandler
December 3rd, 2015 at 12:10:01 PM permalink

So, here's an idea. Keep your guns. Ban religions. We're a secular country per the First Amendment anyway.

Yes, but the 1st amendment also guarantees free speech, and religion.

I hate religion, but banning it would be even more dangerous, because that is thought policing. We would be better off without religion, schools would improve, terrorism would decrease, but its better to encourage self promoted secularism through education, not through force.

Crazy people and terrorists will find ways to cause havoc with or without guns. Sure, does easier access to guns make some things easier, probably. But, well connected terrorists, will always have ways to get weapons.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
December 3rd, 2015 at 12:58:30 PM permalink
Global Warming is the cause of yesterday's terrorist attacks. No doubt about it.
rxwine
rxwine
December 3rd, 2015 at 2:22:36 PM permalink
Think she's been ready for this one.

Quote:

“You recently came out to say that all rape victims should be believed? But would say that about Juanita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey, and Paula Jones? Should we believe them as well?”

The questioner was referring to a tweet Clinton sent out last month asserting that survivors of sexual assault must “be heard, believed, and supported.”

But Clinton qualified that tweet in her response Thursday.

“Well, I would say that everybody should be believed at first until they are disbelieved based on evidence,” Clinton said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/03/hillary-asked-whether-women-who-have-claimed-sexual-assault-against-her-husband-should-be-believed/#ixzz3tIa1DR1P
ams288
ams288
December 3rd, 2015 at 2:46:04 PM permalink
Yep. Watching the video, you can tell she had that answer stored up and ready to go.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 3rd, 2015 at 2:49:23 PM permalink

Yep. Watching the video, you can tell she had that answer stored up and ready to go.

Take the post a page above about the 'pp shooter' , add Paula Jones et al, then try to say 'I feel your pain' with a straight face.
ams288
ams288
December 3rd, 2015 at 3:55:29 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Take the post a page above about the 'pp shooter' , add Paula Jones et al, then try to say 'I feel your pain' with a straight face.

What are you even trying to say?

I need a translator to decipher this.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 3rd, 2015 at 5:20:19 PM permalink

What are you even trying to say?

I need a translator to decipher this.

You didn't understand? Or you making fun of me?
kewlj
kewlj
December 4th, 2015 at 8:33:06 AM permalink
Stunning Trump and Bush numbers in CNN poll today.

Trump 36
Cruz 16
Carson 14
Rubio 12

Bush is at 3 percent! He trails Chris Christie (4%) and is barely ahead of Huckebee (2%) for gosh sakes.

I don't know which is more surprising Trump's continuing to open up an even bigger lead or Bush's fall to almost nothing.

2 months to voting begins.
  • Jump to: