Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 6th, 2015 at 12:20:23 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I am glad everyone is getting upset with Ben Carson's fabrications about events of his youth and other times. It is obvious to me at this point that he should be gone from the process sooner rather than later so that the people who support him can divvy their support among the rest of the candidates, but it may not be as obvious to him....

If you get rid of all the people who have lied running on the Republican side, there won't be anyone left.

Pretty sure only an idiot would try to claim they never lied.

Hillary was a proven liar. Are you?

However, we all have the right to judge whether someone's lies are too much, and for what reasons we might still want to keep them. Gore got hurt by certain kinds of odd lies (I believe). Some lies make you sound more crazy, and that will bother people. Speaking of, who wouldn't give a couple thoughts to deciding to expose your affair to the world over trying to get away with perjury instead? Pretty sure a lot of people can understand that one -- at least some people do.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
November 6th, 2015 at 12:27:50 PM permalink

but has any liberal on the board even mention that Hillary was proven a liar in the hearings? Oh...I know it is a "straw man" or a "purple people eater" or something and I can't say anything about Hillary's lie about Benghazi comparing it to the lies of a man who holds no office.

I am surprised you are so obsessed with this as you normally look at things more objectively.

First, politicians lie. Hillary is a career politician.

Second, politicians that are in office lie or withhold information from the public all the time, and for a variety of reason including that it just won't be received well. One somewhat legit reason could be for national security reasons. In this case, it is entirely possible, the US government might not have wanted to release the real facts while they were looking into the situation and looking fo those responsible. Buying a little time if you will. And a decision like that wouldn't even have come from her, she would have just been following orders.

But whatever, I am NOT supporting Hillary, nor not defending what she did or said. Let me go back to POLITICIANS LIE. :) It occurs all the time, as common a breathing. Some lies resinate with voters and hurt them and some don't.

In this case the Benghazi issue is NOT hurting her. It is only an issue for voters who never intended or never would vote for her in a million years. It just isn't an issue for anyone else. It's beyond me why the republican base doesn't realize this and move on to something that actually might hurt her. I don't know what that might be. I don't know if there is anything. But stop beating a dead horse. That doesn't make sense to me.

edit: left out a major 'NOT' in my supporting Hillary statement. Yikes!
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 6th, 2015 at 12:36:13 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If you get rid of all the people who have lied running on the Republican side, there won't be anyone left.

Pretty sure only an idiot would try to claim they never lied.

Hillary was a proven liar. Are you?

I am sure all of us have lied. Funny, though, you said "all the people who have lied running on the Republican side"...I would say "all of the people running for President who have lied" or something like that instead. Well, unless my point was to emphasize that one side lies more than the other...

However, we all have the right to judge whether someone's lies are too much, and for what reasons we might still want to keep them. Gore got hurt by certain kinds of odd lies (I believe). Some lies make you sound more crazy, and that will bother people. Speaking of, who wouldn't give a couple thoughts to deciding to expose your affair to the world over trying to get away with perjury instead? Pretty sure a lot of people can understand that one -- at least some people do.

Yes, we do have that right.

Ben Carson should not continue his run for the Presidency because he has way too many incidents of embellishment of his past. The reason that is a larger problem for me is that it may show a problem with insecurity. There was no need to embellish--he's done very, very well. Yet he did. Not a good look.

Hillary was the Secretary of State. She knew the truth, yet allowed her minions to keep telling a lie about what the attack in Benghazi. It wasn't a necessary lie, hell, we all know they hate us in that part of the world. Many over that way would like us dead. It didn't have to stay a lie; she could have fixed it as soon as she realized they were on the wrong road with their story. She didn't.

I am not saying that no one lies. I am not saying that all lies should disqualify you from higher office. I just see a press that makes a bigger deal about story embellishments than a person in an office lying about what happened...
RonC
RonC
November 6th, 2015 at 12:46:08 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I am surprised you are so obsessed with this as you normally look at things more objectively.

First, politicians lie. Hillary is a career politician.

Second, politicians that are in office lie or withhold information from the public all the time, and for a variety of reason including that it just won't be received well. One somewhat legit reason could be for national security reasons. In this case, it is entirely possible, the US government might not have wanted to release the real facts while they were looking into the situation and looking fo those responsible. Buying a little time if you will. And a decision like that wouldn't even have come from her, she would have just been following orders.

But whatever, I am supporting Hillary, nor not defending what she did or said. Let me go back to POLITICIANS LIE. :) It occurs all the time, as common a breathing. Some lies resinate with voters and hurt them and some don't.

In this case the Benghazi issue is NOT hurting her. It is only an issue for voters who never intended or never would vote for her in a million years. It just isn't an issue for anyone else. It's beyond me why the republican base doesn't realize this and move on to something that actually might hurt her. I don't know what that might be. I don't know if there is anything. But stop beating a dead horse. That doesn't make sense to me.

I understand all the reasons that someone could lie and actually be doing the right thing due to the overwhelming best interests of our overall security. I also think that it would have already come out if that were the issue...and, if it was for some reason "secret" info, Congress would have heard about it in closed door secured meetings and it would not be further mentioned if those reasons made sense.

I'm not obsessed with it at all, it is just something that bothers me about her and I will discuss it when it comes up. The Republicans will attack her on all possible fronts when it comes down to it, just as she will attack them on all possible fronts when she is the nominee. Both will do it now, too, before the nomination...but they are more worried about the nomination at this point.
kewlj
kewlj
November 6th, 2015 at 12:57:52 PM permalink

I understand all the reasons that someone could lie and actually be doing the right thing due to the overwhelming best interests of our overall security. I also think that it would have already come out if that were the issue...and, if it was for some reason "secret" info, Congress would have heard about it in closed door secured meetings and it would not be further mentioned if those reasons made sense.

I'm not obsessed with it at all, it is just something that bothers me about her and I will discuss it when it comes up. The Republicans will attack her on all possible fronts when it comes down to it, just as she will attack them on all possible fronts when she is the nominee. Both will do it now, too, before the nomination...but they are more worried about the nomination at this point.

Here's the thing though. The email and Benghazi issue are very separate IMO, even though many of the emails are talking about Benghazi. Benghazi is about whether she lied and most of the public, all except the far right just don't care. The emails issue is about poor decision making and that is something that people care about going forward, so the email issue was getting some traction and her poll numbers were showing it.

So what did the repubs do, they drug her into congress and drilled her on the Benghazi issue that nobody cares about and took the focus away from the issue that was hurting her and put it back on the issue that wasn't hurting her. They did her a HUGE favor. And her improving polls numbers reflect that.

You have got to figure out what issues matter and are working and stop beating that dead horse on the ones that aren't.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
November 6th, 2015 at 1:15:31 PM permalink

So what did the repubs do, they drug her into congress and drilled her on the Benghazi issue that nobody cares about and took the focus away from the issue that was hurting her and put it back on the issue that wasn't hurting her. They did her a HUGE favor. And her improving polls numbers reflect that.

You have got to figure out what issues matter and are working and stop beating that dead horse on the ones that aren't.

If the Republicans could turn back time, there would be no Benghazi hearing.

It was a huge win for Hillary. She did not give them the "gotcha" moment they were hoping for. They looked like angry fools. She looked Presidential for 11 hours.

I'm glad it bit them in the butt. Maybe they'll learn that beating dead horses that no one cares about does not work. (Yeah right.)
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
November 6th, 2015 at 1:48:48 PM permalink
Her numbers in the Democrat polls matter little; it isn't like Sanders or that other guy ever had a chance. The emails and Benghazi did not help her as much as the realization that nominating Sanders would be a huge gift of the election to the Republican party. No way that guy can win the election in the fall...
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
November 6th, 2015 at 2:56:19 PM permalink
I saw this quote....

"In Iowa, where Carson was the front-runner before the non-stabbing bombshell hit, voters like Carol Foyler, of Des Moines, expressed dismay and disillusionment that the retired doctor might have fabricated his stabbing exploits to make himself more appealing to Republican voters.

“I was on the fence about Ben Carson, but the stabbing thing really won me over,” she said. “Now, I don’t know what to think.”

.....and all I can do is ask What in the F... is this world coming to? Knowing someone supposedly tried stabbing someone else made them a better Presidential candidate? She should have been dismayed that Carson admitted that and was running for the Presidency. Stabbing won her over..........maybe she would like to be able to elect a serial killer?
Wow....
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 6th, 2015 at 3:07:33 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

I saw this quote....

"In Iowa, where Carson was the front-runner before the non-stabbing bombshell hit, voters like Carol Foyler, of Des Moines, expressed dismay and disillusionment that the retired doctor might have fabricated his stabbing exploits to make himself more appealing to Republican voters.

“I was on the fence about Ben Carson, but the stabbing thing really won me over,” she said. “Now, I don’t know what to think.”

.....and all I can do is ask What in the F... is this world coming to? Knowing someone supposedly tried stabbing someone else made them a better Presidential candidate? She should have been dismayed that Carson admitted that and was running for the Presidency. Stabbing won her over..........maybe she would like to be able to elect a serial killer?
Wow....

Not that I support Carson
but
you are looking at it wrong
She was looking for somebody that started down the wrong path in life then found Jesus to turn his life around
It shows the power of Jesus.
Evangelicals love the I was lost till I found Jesus story
She is looking for a candidate that really truly experienced the power of Jesus.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
steeldco
steeldco
November 6th, 2015 at 3:11:15 PM permalink
Not looking at it in the wrong way.......at least in my opinion. Here's my thinking, if you were once lost then I can be happy that you've turned it around. However, a person who was lost in that manner and running for President? No thanks. No chance. It's too important of a position to hope that you don't get lost once again.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
kewlj
kewlj
November 6th, 2015 at 5:56:37 PM permalink
Quote: steeldco

I saw this quote....

Wow....

Scary isn't it steeldco. This is sort of a microcosm of the bigger problem. We have allowed a couple small, fairly insignificant states WAY to much authority in the election process. First 3 states, Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada. These states and I am in one of them now, have been granted the 'power' to whittle down the field before most Americans even have a say in the matter. I think that is a weird way to do things.

It becomes even weirder when one of these 3 states has become kind of extreme as far as their electorate that shows up to make this decision for the rest of us. Recent winners of the Iowa caucus Rick Santorum, Mike Huckabee and strong second place finishes by Pat Buchanan and Pat Robertson tells you all you need to know. People like Carol Foyler just have way too much power in this process. :(
ams288
ams288
November 7th, 2015 at 9:04:17 AM permalink
This Ben Carson stuff is crazy.

It seems as if the flood gates have opened and lie after lie after lie he's told his books is being exposed.

He will only be able to blame it on the "gotcha liberal media" for so long...
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
November 7th, 2015 at 9:06:07 AM permalink
A politician lying??? Say it ain't so!!!

That's the number one job requirement. Being a good liar.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
HeySlick
HeySlick
  • Threads: 3
November 7th, 2015 at 9:13:24 AM permalink
Since he hasn't used the race card, yet. How much longer before the ace-in-hole (aka race card) comes to his rescue? Seriously, can/will America elect back to back African American Presidents? I sure hope the populous doesn't believe a female SHOULD be the next commander in chief, regardless of said females qualifications.
terapined
terapined
November 7th, 2015 at 9:22:41 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

A politician lying??? Say it ain't so!!!

That's the number one job requirement. Being a good liar.

The guy is a wack job
Pyramids built to store grain???????????????????
Cmon
He's a nutcase
Its so obvious
If Clinton said the Pyramids were built to store grain, I would call her a nutcase
Its just so funny that many conservatives cant come to that conclusion (He's a nut case) simply because he is a conservative

If Carson wants to operate, fine
If he wants to teach history or be President, no way Jose
kewlj
kewlj
November 7th, 2015 at 1:07:06 PM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

I sure hope the populous doesn't believe a female SHOULD be the next commander in chief, regardless of said females qualifications.

If this is a reference to Hillary Clinton, she is probably more qualified to be president than any president in the last 40 years other than George H W Bush. I am not supporting her but she certainly has more experience than the current president, or George W Bush, who spent more time as general manager of a baseball team than he held elected office as one term governor of Texas. What about Ronald Reagan. He spent many more years as an actor and even spent more years as president of the screen actors guild than he did in elected office as governor.

You can not like Hillary's politics and even think she did a poor job as Secretary of State, but it's ridiculous to say she is not qualified to be president. If you want to talk about qualifications, how about some of the other people that are running. We have a reality TV star (Trump), a surgeon (Carson), a failed CEO (Fiorina), a preacher (Huckebee) another doctor (Rand Paul).
steeldco
steeldco
November 7th, 2015 at 1:15:06 PM permalink

Scary isn't it steeldco.

That would be an understatement. There are just too many fools in this world and no way to fix it.
I have now crossed out Trump, Clinton, and Carson. Somewhere there has to be a good candidate......I hope.
HeySlick
HeySlick
November 7th, 2015 at 2:01:46 PM permalink

If this is a reference to Hillary Clinton, she is probably more qualified to be president than any president in the last 40 years other than George H W Bush. I am not supporting her but she certainly has more experience than the current president, or George W Bush, who spent more time as general manager of a baseball team than he held elected office as one term governor of Texas. What about Ronald Reagan. He spent many more years as an actor and even spent more years as president of the screen actors guild than he did in elected office as governor.

You can not like Hillary's politics and even think she did a poor job as Secretary of State, but it's ridiculous to say she is not qualified to be president. If you want to talk about qualifications, how about some of the other people that are running. We have a reality TV star (Trump), a surgeon (Carson), a failed CEO (Fiorina), a preacher (Huckebee) another doctor (Rand Paul).

I've seen enough of the Bush and Clinton clan -- my sentiments were more about 'right of passage' issues i.e., we've elected a black man (btw only 2 years in the senate) so given that, is it time for a woman President? what next a OPENLY gay President? or maybe a transgender President? WTF! IMO we need someone who will get this country back on track.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 7th, 2015 at 2:15:59 PM permalink

I've seen enough of the Bush and Clinton clan -- my sentiments were more about 'right of passage' issues i.e., we've elected a black man (btw only 2 years in the senate) so given that, is it time for a woman President? what next a OPENLY gay President? or maybe a transgender President? WTF! IMO we need someone who will get this country back on track.

I have no problem with an openly gay president, I'd have a problem with a 'closeted' gay man; someone that afraid of being out is subject to blackmail...
Hmmm... or a closeted gay female????
kewlj
kewlj
November 7th, 2015 at 2:30:47 PM permalink
I thought I was generally accepted knowledge that Buchanan was the first gay president. Didn't he have a male secretary or assistant or whatever the title was, that was by his side 24/7, including slept in the next room (supposedly the next room).
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 7th, 2015 at 2:43:11 PM permalink

I thought I was generally accepted knowledge that Buchanan was the first gay president. Didn't he have a male secretary or assistant or whatever the title was, that was by his side 24/7, including slept in the next room (supposedly the next room).

Never was aware. I am stunned that with my Columbia education amongst a vocal LGBT community I never heard mention of it!
ams288
ams288
November 7th, 2015 at 2:44:37 PM permalink
Don't forget: Trump hosts SNL tonight.

I'll be watching (I watch every week anyway).

The ratings are gonna be YUGE.
HeySlick
HeySlick
November 7th, 2015 at 4:24:10 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I have no problem with an openly gay president, I'd have a problem with a 'closeted' gay man; someone that afraid of being out is subject to blackmail...
Hmmm... or a closeted gay female????

Good for you --- I want some normalcy in the white house. So someone doesn't fit into the main stream ideology e.g., one comes to mind the former Olympian in 1976 ---does he/she get the next shot at becoming Americas first ?? OH F***! I can't even come up with a title/description for that freak! What ever happened to discretion being the better part of valor --- I don't need to know about all that weirdness.
ams288
ams288
November 7th, 2015 at 6:05:55 PM permalink

Good for you --- I want some normalcy in the white house. So someone doesn't fit into the main stream ideology e.g., one comes to mind the former Olympian in 1976 ---does he/she get the next shot at becoming Americas first ?? OH F***! I can't even come up with a title/description for that freak! What ever happened to discretion being the better part of valor --- I don't need to know about all that weirdness.

She's a woman. It's not that hard to comprehend....

That's all I will say about that for fear of violating some of the board's rules.
rxwine
rxwine
November 8th, 2015 at 3:54:52 AM permalink
More stuff.

Quote:

In his 1990 autobiography, "Gifted Hands," Carson wrote that while he was at Yale, he took an exam for a psychology course titled "Perceptions 301," only to be told by the professor days after that the exams were "inadvertently burned." The class gathered to take the repeat exam, but after a half hour, Carson says all of the students except him had left the room.

"Like the others, I was tempted to walk out, but I had read the notice, and I couldn’t lie and say I hadn't. All the time I wrote my answers, I prayed for God to help me figure out what to put down. I paid no more attention to departing footsteps," Carson wrote in "Gifted Hands."

Carson's professor subsequently entered with a photographer from the Yale Daily News and explained that it was a hoax, designed to find out "the most honest student in the class," Carson wrote. Carson said he then received a $10 bill as a reward.

The Wall Street Journal, however, challenged Carson's story, claiming that, according to Yale Daily News archives from that era, no photo identifying Mr. Carson was ever printed. "No stories in the Yale Daily News mention a course named Perceptions 301 either," the Wall Street Journal reported. Yale librarian Claryn Spies told the Journal no such course existed during Carson's time at Yale.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/ben-carson-facing-scrutiny-claim-incident-yale-university/story?id=35045540
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
November 8th, 2015 at 5:49:00 AM permalink
Oof. Politics aside, last night's SNL was one of the least funny in recent memory. Trump should definitely not quit his day job.
terapined
terapined
November 8th, 2015 at 8:05:57 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Oof. Politics aside, last night's SNL was one of the least funny in recent memory. Trump should definitely not quit his day job.

1st debate, eyes glued to the TV
SNL, I got bored, not funny, lost interest, switched channels, forgot about it, went to bed
kewlj
kewlj
November 8th, 2015 at 10:02:30 AM permalink
I watched about an hour of SNL, of which I am not a regular viewer. I am a Trump supporter and the show and especially Donald Trump were not at all funny. Funniest thing I saw was Larry David playing Bennie Sanders again,

I am not sure any single one of Ben Carson's 'lies' or statements from last week alone does him in, but the goofy pyramid statement, and apparent lies about a west point scholarship and his troubled youth, together start to pain a narrative that he is goofy and not credible. That is the kind of perception that tends to turn people away. Trump has survived much worse, but I have a feeling Carson won't be as fortunate. Be interesting to see polls next week.

There is another story about Ben Carson, which has gotten little traction, that is even more troubling to me. It was a view of the inside of his home this week. There is a room where the entire wall is covered by his awards and achievements. A little tacky, but I guess that is ok.

There are also 7 different portraits of Ben Carson at various stages of his life. That is a little bit more odd. But here's the kicker, there is a portrait of Ben Carson and Jesus together with Jesus hand on Carson's shoulder. That's getting too weird for me. That's just a little creepy.

It's the same 'creepy' feeling I got when Rick Santorum told the story last cycle of his wife giving birth to a stillborn baby and they brought the dead baby home from the hospital to spend the night with his family, including having each of his young children hold the dead baby. People that are that extreme religiously have this sort of creepy things about them that make me feel uncomfortable and I'll bet there are a lot of people that feel that way.
steeldco
steeldco
November 8th, 2015 at 12:09:54 PM permalink

I People that are that extreme religiously have this sort of creepy things about them that make me feel uncomfortable and I'll bet there are a lot of people that feel that way.

....unfortunately not enough people feel creepy about overly zealous people, particularly of a religious nature. As I've said before, the somewhat normal people are well out numbered by the extreme...the overzealous sheep.
terapined
terapined
November 9th, 2015 at 10:46:15 AM permalink
Ted Cruz
“Any president who doesn’t begin every day on his knees isn’t fit to be commander-in-chief of this nation.”

Wow

http://americablog.com/2015/11/religious-liberty-advocate-ted-cruz-atheists-not-fit-president.html
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 9th, 2015 at 11:35:32 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Ted Cruz
“Any president who doesn’t begin every day on his knees isn’t fit to be commander-in-chief of this nation.” Wow

Sure beats having one's thumb stuck up some place it isn't supposed to be.
ams288
ams288
November 9th, 2015 at 12:19:35 PM permalink

Ted Cruz
“Any president who doesn’t begin every day on his knees isn’t fit to be commander-in-chief of this nation.”

Wow

http://americablog.com/2015/11/religious-liberty-advocate-ted-cruz-atheists-not-fit-president.html

Haha. When I think of someone being "on their knees," praying isn't the first thing that comes to mind...
rxwine
rxwine
November 9th, 2015 at 12:51:07 PM permalink

Ted Cruz

HeySlick
HeySlick
November 9th, 2015 at 1:09:07 PM permalink
^^^^^^^^

Every picture tells a story.

Edit/add

The rate of Muslim immigration has been increasing since September 11. Between 2001 and 2013, the United States permanently resettled 1.5 million Muslim immigrants throughout the United States. Unlike illegal immigrants, legal immigrants granted lifetime resettlement privileges will be given automatic work permits, welfare access, and the ability to become voting citizens.

IMO
That picture will become reality sooner than most realize --- I feel for our future generation (s). The Middle East has been fighting for centuries upon centuries. I DON'T TRUST our deceitful politicians to do the right thing. Our nation is gradually being invaded and, Obama is the covert Muslim who is determined to transform America into his vision of what it should be.
terapined
terapined
November 9th, 2015 at 2:11:11 PM permalink

IMO
That picture will become reality sooner than most realize --- I feel for our future generation (s)..

Cool, more immigrants.
I'm an immigrant.

The Middle East has been fighting for centuries upon centuries. I DON'T TRUST our deceitful politicians to do the right thing. ..

What is the right thing?
Immigrants made this country great.
Go USA and all the immigrants that fill this country and made it a great country
Thank you Immigrants that made this country great
Without Immigrants, all the Vegas casinos would be run by Indians. ugh

Our nation is gradually being invaded and, Obama is the covert Muslim who is determined to transform America into his vision of what it should be.

Obama is a Christian that attended a Black Christian church for years
I just don't get it with your accusations
Don't Black Christians that attend Black churches count as Christians??????????????????
ams288
ams288
November 9th, 2015 at 6:14:41 PM permalink

Obama is a Christian that attended a Black Christian church for years
I just don't get it with your accusations
Don't Black Christians that attend Black churches count as Christians??????????????????

Whenever we talk about homophobia in this country, the righties are the first ones to bring up the "well, Muslims execute their gays! Why don't you complain about that?!" talking point.

Then in the same breath they turn around and call Obama, the first pro-gay marriage President, a secret Muslim.

It makes no sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 9th, 2015 at 6:34:38 PM permalink

^^^^^^^^

Edit/add

The rate of Muslim immigration has been increasing since September 11. Between 2001 and 2013, the United States permanently resettled 1.5 million Muslim immigrants throughout the United States. Unlike illegal immigrants, legal immigrants granted lifetime resettlement privileges will be given automatic work permits, welfare access, and the ability to become voting citizens.

IMO
That picture will become reality sooner than most realize --- I feel for our future generation (s). The Middle East has been fighting for centuries upon centuries. I DON'T TRUST our deceitful politicians to do the right thing. Our nation is gradually being invaded and, Obama is the covert Muslim who is determined to transform America into his vision of what it should be.

If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
HeySlick
HeySlick
November 9th, 2015 at 7:14:10 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

^^^^^^^^

Edit/add

IMO

I'm sounding redundant with my reply - Every picture tells a story
rxwine
rxwine
November 9th, 2015 at 7:43:40 PM permalink

Well, there's humongous amounts of anchor babies who think they have rights to this land. Is that the story?
HeySlick
HeySlick
November 9th, 2015 at 8:45:48 PM permalink

Well, there's humongous amounts of anchor babies who think they have rights to this land. Is that the story?

The 14th Amendment says it all

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges.

IMO TOO many of our so-called leaders refuse to change this ridiculous and antiquated law. Europe is being invaded and the same will happen to America.
HeySlick
HeySlick
November 9th, 2015 at 9:09:13 PM permalink
20 tactics used by Islamists to invade America (1-6 are already happening) thanks to President Obama et al.

http://nocompulsion.com/guide-to-islamic-invasion-of-america-by-2020/

8. Encourage Muslims to penetrate the White House, specifically with Islamists who can articulate a marvelous and peaceful picture of Islam. Acquire government positions, get membership in local school boards. Train Muslims as medical doctors to dominate the medical field, research and pharmaceutical companies. Take over the computer industry. Establish Middle Eastern restaurants throughout the U.S. to connect planners of Islamization in a discreet way. Ever notice how numerous Muslim doctors in America are, when their countries need them more desperately than America?

Given what I've posted ----- I guess freedom of speech won't or doesn't matter since I'm being critical??

19. Send intimidating messages and messengers to the outspoken individuals who are critical of Islam and seek to eliminate them by hook or crook.
terapined
terapined
November 10th, 2015 at 4:25:39 AM permalink

]Ever notice how numerous Muslim doctors in America are,].

My Dr is a Muslim
Very good Dr
I am very lucky :-)
Keep em coming.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
November 10th, 2015 at 5:27:06 AM permalink

My Dr is a Muslim
Very good Dr
I am very lucky :-)
Keep em coming.

When I need a doctor, usually I am about ready to die before I admit I need a doctor, but when I need a doctor an alien from Mars is fine if I can get well again.
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 10th, 2015 at 5:42:27 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

When I need a doctor, usually I am about ready to die before I admit I need a doctor, but when I need a doctor an alien from Mars is fine if I can get well again.

My doctor is an attractive Indian woman, early 40s, and she is good. Right out of Mass General in Boston. She has a heavy accent and pronounces prostate as prostrate. She knows just where to find it though. :-)
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
HeySlick
HeySlick
November 10th, 2015 at 6:50:08 AM permalink
Ever notice how numerous Muslim doctors in America are, when their countries need them more desperately than America. Both posters above me missed the point (the bolded area) --- BTW I also have a female Doctor, from Sri Lanka ---- I have no clue as to her faith.
ams288
ams288
November 10th, 2015 at 7:21:23 AM permalink

Ever notice how numerous Muslim doctors in America are, when their countries need them more desperately than America. Both posters above me missed the point (the bolded area)

..... Who cares?

I'm sure there are plenty of countries that need doctors more desperately than America. But if they want to practice in America, why shouldn't they?
HeySlick
HeySlick
November 10th, 2015 at 7:52:32 AM permalink

Ever notice how numerous Muslim doctors in America are, when their countries need them more desperately than America. Both posters above me missed the point (the bolded area)

..... Who cares?

I'm sure there are plenty of countries that need doctors more desperately than America. But if they want to practice in America, why shouldn't they?

Stalin understood that by moving millions of people to another country he would change it forever. Obama understands it very well too. Muslims do not integrate with western culture. Look at Britain. 8000 known cases of Female Genital Mutilation each year and not one single person has been successfully prosecuted for it That is sharia. They are and never will be compatible with our culture and that's my entire point -- you and others seem to be ok with this invasion. I contend this will be a major issue for my fellow Americans in the future. BTW jihadist are the REAL problem.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
November 10th, 2015 at 9:14:37 AM permalink

Immigrants made this country great.
Go USA and all the immigrants that fill this country and made it a great country
Thank you Immigrants that made this country great
Without Immigrants, all the Vegas casinos would be run by Indians. ugh

I kno, right? Stupid Washington. Should've killed us all while he still had the chance. Now we're all offering sh#$%y Class II gaming, denying your disputes in tribal court, and altering logos of your local sports teams. The nerve. If only we had been handled better...

The 14th Amendment says it all

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges.

IMO TOO many of our so-called leaders refuse to change this ridiculous and antiquated law. Europe is being invaded and the same will happen to America.

Is it too many are refusing, or just that too few care? I've heard the 14th mentioned, but certainly not widely, and nowhere near the super majority it would take to get an amendment ball rolling.

I'm ignorant on the subject, but I'll toss out some points for correction and discussion. I heard these "anchor babies", as they're called, amount to tens of thousands per year. Not hundreds of thousands or millions, but just tens of thousands. Under 50k, if I remember correctly. I'm not saying that has no negative impact, but in the grand scheme of things, it seems a small problem that needn't be addressed yesterday. I also heard that an anchor baby does not automatically legitimize the parents. Something about there being a process which only an adult can complete, meaning the family would still have to wait 20 years before their process could begin, despite their baby being "American".

If any of that is true or close to true, I can totally see why there's been no action. I can imagine it being a big damn deal in Texas and So-Cal, but the amount of states with great concern must number in the single digits. Single digits won't get it done.

I know here in NY about the only "foreigner" issues we have is Canadian shoppers leaving their old shoes in the parking lot after taking advantage of the exchange rate and buying new shoes down here. Our border issue is a Coast Guard Zodiac plying the lake making sure you're not fishing NY walleye on a Canadian license.

I'm not trying to minimize the issue or your concern. But I think many places mirror me rather than the southwest. You're going to need ~200mm Americans pissed off for an amendment, and I don't think it's there yet.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
terapined
terapined
November 10th, 2015 at 10:43:34 AM permalink

..... Who cares?

Stalin understood that by moving millions of people to another country he would change it forever. Obama understands it very well too. Muslims do not integrate with western culture. Look at Britain. 8000 known cases of Female Genital Mutilation each year and not one single person has been successfully prosecuted for it That is sharia. They are and never will be compatible with our culture and that's my entire point -- you and others seem to be ok with this invasion. I contend this will be a major issue for my fellow Americans in the future. BTW jihadist are the REAL problem.

Your average Muslim is just a regular person trying to make it in life and not imposing their views on non muslims
Your average Christian is just a regular person trying to make it in life and not imposing their views on non Christians
Does the Westboro Baptist church that protests at soldier funerals represents Christians? Of course not.
Just as extreme Muslims do not represent your average Muslim in this country
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
November 10th, 2015 at 10:55:36 AM permalink

...Your average Muslim is just a regular person trying to make it in life and not imposing their views on non muslims
Your average Christian is just a regular person trying to make it in life and not imposing their views on non Christians...

Could've fooled me. I have yet to have any Muslim knock on my door trying to pawn religious gobbledygook on me but yet the Christians do it at least twice a week.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: