FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
Joined: Mar 27, 2013
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 436
October 28th, 2013 at 2:34:50 PM permalink
I have to tell you that I am a skeptic and my subscriptions to "Skeptic" and "Skeptical Inquirer" are read cover to cover. Those and a boatload of books that investigate various popular beliefs. (No nasty comments about dice control please.)

But I am open minded. I won't poo-poo something just because it doesn't fit neatly into what I want everything to fit neatly into. So someone sent me a link to the following video of the Canadian Minister of Defense's discussion of UFOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMxngl9p__0

What do you think? No funny comments. Just a real reaction. I never saw this video before and it is somewhat startling --- at least for today. I am going to look into this guy but for now --- what do you think?
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 186
  • Posts: 3940
October 28th, 2013 at 2:51:11 PM permalink
Quote: FrankScoblete

I have to tell you that I am a skeptic and my subscriptions to "Skeptic" and "Skeptical Inquirer" are read cover to cover. Those and a boatload of books that investigate various popular beliefs. (No nasty comments about dice control please.)

But I am open minded. I won't poo-poo something just because it doesn't fit neatly into what I want everything to fit neatly into. So someone sent me a link to the following video of the Canadian Minister of Defense's discussion of UFOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMxngl9p__0

What do you think? No funny comments. Just a real reaction. I never saw this video before and it is somewhat startling --- at least for today. I am going to look into this guy but for now --- what do you think?



Do you mean sentient? Because there could be extraterrestrial alien life that is not sentient (by our definition). Spores, yeasts, viruses, anaerobic bacteria, stuff like that. Prions.

If you mean complex, multisystemic organisms that engineered their own transport, then no. I do not think that there are extraterrestrial aliens on this planet.
NO KILL I
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 179
  • Posts: 10631
October 28th, 2013 at 2:55:32 PM permalink
I always loved the X-files (scully mulder).

Now the Canadian Minister of Defense (or former minister, didn't check) is saying "the tall white ones' have been working with people in Nevada.

Hmm, has the NSA beamed one too many spy rays into his head?

Actually, it is interesting, because you don't get high level people claiming much of anything like this. Based on that last bit the aliens are liberals which won't be good news for Limbaugh and corp.

(no funny comments, what is this a dictatorship now?)
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
October 28th, 2013 at 3:47:37 PM permalink
No, the extra-terrestials came to this site for gambling information and found too much nonsense and bickering about dice setting, so they left.
Buzzard
Buzzard
Joined: Oct 28, 2012
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6814
October 28th, 2013 at 3:49:35 PM permalink
I believe one or two remained as dice setters. Proving that extra-terrestial is not always extra-intelligent.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 6526
October 28th, 2013 at 4:53:01 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Do you mean sentient? Because there could be extraterrestrial alien life that is not sentient (by our definition). Spores, yeasts, viruses, anaerobic bacteria, stuff like that. Prions.

If you mean complex, multisystemic organisms that engineered their own transport, then no. I do not think that there are extraterrestrial aliens on this planet.


There's reasonably compelling evidence that the nucleobases that form our DNA (adenine, guanine, cytosine, thymine) have extraterrestrial origins. We may only be here because meteorites carrying the building blocks of DNA crashed into Earth millions of years ago.

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/dna-meteorites.html
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
October 28th, 2013 at 4:58:50 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

There's reasonably compelling evidence that the nucleobases that form our DNA (adenine, guanine, cytosine, thymine) have extraterrestrial origins.



Only if you're from W Virginia.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
Joined: Mar 27, 2013
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 436
October 29th, 2013 at 5:42:23 AM permalink
Is this man really in the know or is he just out of it?
Canyonero
Canyonero
Joined: Nov 19, 2012
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 509
October 29th, 2013 at 6:14:11 AM permalink
Quote: FrankScoblete

Is this man really in the know or is he just out of it?



Total nutcracker... he also wants to overthrow the Illuminati http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6MyB74VoQ4

I hope he was out of office before he totally lost it. Makes you wonder what Sarah Palin is going to babble about 20 years from now.
FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
Joined: Mar 27, 2013
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 436
October 29th, 2013 at 6:59:37 AM permalink
Thanks!

  • Jump to: