17 votes (22.66%)
41 votes (54.66%)

75 members have voted

Scooter77
Scooter77
  • Threads: 3
June 26th, 2013 at 12:52:21 PM permalink
Quote: ewjones080

I just never got it. Why the hell should I care if two men want to get married or two women? Really, what difference does it make? What's the reason, if you don't say it's religion.

Mathematically, from a totally selfish point of view, I'm completely in favor of gay men's rights. Every gay, male coupling increases my chances of getting dates with women by way of removal of competition :)

Unfortunately, I guess the math works in reverse regarding lesbians as every coupling takes two women out of my dating pool :(
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 26th, 2013 at 2:27:39 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The issue to me (and most on my side I will wager) is that it is unhealthy for society. Real marriage promotes societal growth and stability, huge reasons it came about in the first place. It promotes more mentally healthy offspring, which promotes that same society. Even childless couples help this out.

I have great respect for you AZ, so I hope you’ll see this as attacking the thought and not the thinker. But the argument above is one I hear thrown around by the pro-hetero crowd and it drives me nuts. I’d even say I hate it.

Because I agree with you. I think a stereotypical man and a stereotypical woman is the best situation. From my own experience, I can see it. I got taught honor, strength, and respect from Pops, I got sympathy, sensitivity, and care from mamma. I think it made me a well rounded individual, the best of both worlds.

But I’m a minority. Many kids don’t get what I did, and the supreme majority of kids that get screwed up from family issues are screwed by a hetero family. Abusive, absent, or alcoholic dads. Addicted, disconnected mothers. Couples that had no business being together, let alone bringing children into the world.

My own wife left for little other reason than she was tired of the life she promised herself to. Tell me, which is worse for my son – being 4 yrs old and having to be bounced between WNY and Fla, going weeks if not months between seeing one or another of his parents, and all the stresses of instability and what may come of it, or him seeing two dudes holding hands at the mall?

The biggest enemies of hetero marriages are those who engage in them, plain and simple. The best thing pro-hetero people can do, if they’re really concerned about hetero marriage, is address the issues within their own culture.

“We have met the enemy and they are ours”
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
June 26th, 2013 at 2:30:46 PM permalink
" My own wife left for little other reason than she was tired of the life she promised herself to."

Does the man in the mirror agree with you? Just asking, not busting your balls. Alcoholism and drugs use are not exactly
the best foundation for a marriage !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
pew
pew
  • Threads: 0
June 26th, 2013 at 2:45:24 PM permalink
It strikes me funny that the gays want to marry and at the same time the breeders seem to just want to live together nowadays.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
June 26th, 2013 at 2:47:34 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I'd go along with this if I got the same consideration for my choice in keeping firearms.

I imagine Dick Cheney's daughter supports the right to bear arms.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
pew
pew
  • Threads: 0
June 26th, 2013 at 2:51:01 PM permalink
I was also wondering are same gender marriages only for homosexuals or can two straights tie the knot too? seriously
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
June 26th, 2013 at 3:21:11 PM permalink
Again with the post la about job gambling. Why not post this in diversity. Like its really annoying
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
June 26th, 2013 at 3:53:34 PM permalink
Today is the gayest day in American history. And that makes me sad. Gays will always be the weirdos(or substitute a more pc word instead) of society, that won't ever change no matter how diverse or accepting a society we become. It's been that way forever. I don't dislike gay people, I have a couple gay friends(hell I even lived in the vegas fruit loop for a while) I just disagree that they should raise children or be able to get married. Whatever though, time to move on. This has been lingering in the news for too long. At least most of them won't be killing babies.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 231
June 26th, 2013 at 4:05:15 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I have great respect for you AZ, so I hope you’ll see this as attacking the thought and not the thinker.

From you I would not think otherwise, we have been on same and opposing sides here for years and always intellectual.

Quote:

Because I agree with you. I think a stereotypical man and a stereotypical woman is the best situation. From my own experience, I can see it. I got taught honor, strength, and respect from Pops, I got sympathy, sensitivity, and care from mamma. I think it made me a well rounded individual, the best of both worlds.

But I’m a minority. Many kids don’t get what I did, and the supreme majority of kids that get screwed up from family issues are screwed by a hetero family. Abusive, absent, or alcoholic dads. Addicted, disconnected mothers. Couples that had no business being together, let alone bringing children into the world.

Well of course most will get screwed up from a hetero family, only about 1.5% at most of the population is homosexual. But we also have a illegitimacy problem of the 1st degree. On this it is statistically safe to say the #1 abuser is mom's live-in BF or new husband. #2 mom will cover for said man most of the time. But this is a digression. I have other problems with the homosexual community.

One is that they assume if a male is "confused" the default is to say he should be taught to embrace his homosexual feelings and never, ever be taught that he can get straightened out (no pun intended.) In CA if your male, minor child is molested and confused you cannot send him to counseling to show he is really straight.

So lets take this a step. Homosexuality is now near outright promoted on TV. Show a gay character in anything but a positive light and the gay-mafia/lobby will threaten you with boycott. Then the boy sees gay males holding hands and kissing in public. Say he is one to be a little later in getting interested in girls. So he sees his guidance person at his school, and now that person is not allowed to suggest he is straight but needs some role models, etc.

This is a dangerous path we are going down, and one that will lead to more and more depressed and drugged-out young folks.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
June 26th, 2013 at 4:32:46 PM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

Today is the gayest day in American history. And that makes me sad. Gays will always be the weirdos(or substitute a more pc word instead) of society

Wow.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: