odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 19th, 2013 at 3:38:34 PM permalink
I heard K.D. Lang do this number and was mesmerized. Just got lost in the moment.

I never heard anyone do it before besides Crosby, Neil, Nash, and Young [?]

Looked up the lyrics and went, hmmmm. I know there are Canadians who come to this site. Help. I love the song but don't know just what I am missing in the lyrics, there is something.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/neilyoung/helpless.html
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
May 19th, 2013 at 4:38:32 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I heard K.D. Lang do this number and was mesmerized. Just got lost in the moment.

I never heard anyone do it before besides Crosby, Neil, Nash, and Young [?]

Looked up the lyrics and went, hmmmm. I know there are Canadians who come to this site. Help. I love the song but don't know just what I am missing in the lyrics, there is something.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/neilyoung/helpless.html

Neil young is one of my favorites,I`m not Canadian,but I did grow up 20 minutes from the border.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
May 27th, 2013 at 5:57:50 PM permalink
OK, so I was 'well into my cups' when I posted this, but I have to tell you, listening again, this is a good album.

KD Lang, Hymns of the 49th parallel

Yeah, I know, 2004!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
May 27th, 2013 at 6:56:37 PM permalink
Did you hear KD do Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen) at the 2010 Olympics. Absolutely mezmorizzing.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
May 28th, 2013 at 4:31:53 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

Did you hear KD do Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen) at the 2010 Olympics. Absolutely mezmorizzing.

No, but that song is on the album. New to me, great stuff.
  • Jump to: