13 votes (25%)
19 votes (36.53%)

52 members have voted

thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
October 15th, 2014 at 5:18:31 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Labor force participation rate is at its lowest since 1978.

If the same number of workers were in the workforce as were there in 2008 the unemployment rate would be a little above 10%.

Curious : what's the overall before tax income, adjusted for inflation over that time span? I wonder if the total wealth created is up or down over 25 years?
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 15th, 2014 at 5:23:00 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I would think the things that Bush did would cause the unemployment issues for the few years after he left, just like the numbers a few years after Obama should reflect on him. It takes time for things to happen, not just 1 month because a president change.

"A few years?" A POTUS term is only 4 years, how much time are we talking.

The fact is most Presidents have a recession in their term, the recovery under Obama is the slowest in the modern era. And the 2008 recession was not much worse than 1958 or 1982. Every generation we get a recession that would once have been called a depression. They happened many times in the 1800s and they happen now. Obama has done the worst job of recovery.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 15th, 2014 at 6:17:23 PM permalink

"A few years?" A POTUS term is only 4 years, how much time are we talking.

The fact is most Presidents have a recession in their term, the recovery under Obama is the slowest in the modern era. And the 2008 recession was not much worse than 1958 or 1982. Every generation we get a recession that would once have been called a depression. They happened many times in the 1800s and they happen now. Obama has done the worst job of recovery.

But he has done things to improve my personal life and that's all that matters
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 16th, 2014 at 2:48:41 AM permalink

Glad for you. He has done things that hurt mine and he does not share my personal values so I will never support him at all.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
October 16th, 2014 at 4:23:42 AM permalink

Glad for you. He has done things that hurt mine and he does not share my personal values so I will never support him at all.

I'm curious, what has Obama done that hurts your personal life?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 16th, 2014 at 4:35:30 AM permalink

That's the typical "What's In It For Me" attitude that tends to ignore what he's done to the country. I'm not talking about Obamacare, that is the great unknown still...I'm talking about what he has done to make the country stronger or weaker. He isn't the President of "you", he's the President of the United States of America. His job isn't too make our lives better in itself; his job is to lead in an outstanding way that our lives get better overall because of it--safer, more confident in our nation, etc.

The reason that I believe that Bush was better than Obama is simple--he may not have been perfect, but at least he knew what his job was. Obama's legacy will not be as good as Bush's when they have both been done being President for 20 years...
ams288
ams288
October 16th, 2014 at 5:07:56 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

The reason that I believe that Bush was better than Obama is simple--he may not have been perfect, but at least he knew what his job was. Obama's legacy will not be as good as Bush's when they have both been done being President for 20 years...

I disagree.

But this helps prove the point that this Bush v. Obama argument is stupid.

It's too early. Only time will tell.

Bush has been gone for almost 6 years, Obama still has over 2 years to go. The midterm year of a President's second term is always rough on any President, R or D.

It's not like people were flaunting GWB's accomplishments in 2006... That year was a disaster for him.
RonC
RonC
October 16th, 2014 at 6:24:26 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I disagree.

But this helps prove the point that this Bush v. Obama argument is stupid.

It's too early. Only time will tell.

Bush has been gone for almost 6 years, Obama still has over 2 years to go. The midterm year of a President's second term is always rough on any President, R or D.

It's not like people were flaunting GWB's accomplishments in 2006... That year was a disaster for him.

It isn't stupid...it is called conversation. I love when people just call things "stupid" just for the heck of it. We'll talk about it now and final judgment will come later. I didn't think Carter did a good job when he was President and I still believe he was a poor President; he is generally regarded in the lower half of the class with a large enough sample size to think he will never rise above that.
RonC
RonC
October 16th, 2014 at 6:26:04 AM permalink
It is interesting that this is what got commented on...

...and not this...

That's the typical "What's In It For Me" attitude that tends to ignore what he's done to the country. I'm not talking about Obamacare, that is the great unknown still...I'm talking about what he has done to make the country stronger or weaker. He isn't the President of "you", he's the President of the United States of America. His job isn't too make our lives better in itself; his job is to lead in an outstanding way that our lives get better overall because of it--safer, more confident in our nation, etc.

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 16th, 2014 at 9:54:46 AM permalink

I'm curious, what has Obama done that hurts your personal life?

Taking away my ability to choose what kind of health insurance I want for one. Regulations that will drive up the price of my next car for another. His regs have not achieved his goal of skyrocketing my electric bill but he is working on that.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
October 16th, 2014 at 11:36:17 AM permalink

Maybe I am wrong and shouldn't feel this way but I couldn't care less about what he is doing for the country. I am all in it for me. I am only going to be around for another 30 or 40 years and that is all I care about. I have kids and I should care about their future but quite frankly I don't have enough energy to worry about our country in 75 years from now. If my life is better today than it was 10 years ago then I am happy.

Why does every one care about someone's legacy? Again how does that help me? Maybe it is selfish, but it is what it is.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
ams288
ams288
October 16th, 2014 at 11:37:27 AM permalink

It is interesting that this is what got commented on...

Quote:

...and not this...

Quote:

It didn't get a response because there's nothing to say really. That's your opinion of what the President should do, not the official job description.

He has made a lot of people's lives better, mine included, and there is nothing wrong with us praising him for it.

The "he's lost the world's respect" and "I've lost confidence in our country" arguments just sound like Fox News-fueled nonsense to me.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 16th, 2014 at 12:43:16 PM permalink

Maybe I am wrong and shouldn't feel this way but I couldn't care less about what he is doing for the country. I am all in it for me. I am only going to be around for another 30 or 40 years and that is all I care about. I have kids and I should care about their future but quite frankly I don't have enough energy to worry about our country in 75 years from now. If my life is better today than it was 10 years ago then I am happy.

Why does every one care about someone's legacy? Again how does that help me? Maybe it is selfish, but it is what it is.

One of the better proverbs I ever heard was "it is a great world when old men plant trees under who's shade they will never rest."

That is why we care about the future.
ams288
ams288
October 16th, 2014 at 1:43:37 PM permalink

That is why we care about the future.

But not the future of the planet.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 16th, 2014 at 1:56:12 PM permalink

But not the future of the planet.

"The Planet" will do just fine, has for 4.5 billion years and will do when it shakes humans off like the fleas we are.
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
November 4th, 2014 at 6:27:25 AM permalink
ams

OBama has made most peoples life miserable, in fact there are very few stones he has left unturned in
trying to create a country never intended.

As a 66 year old grandfather, I have no idea even where to start describing the guy.

I will simply say he wanted to be president to make the country in the vision of Hugo
Chaves. Obama detests free markets, small business, Christians, whites and particularly
those that took the promise of America to heart and worked years of 70 hour work weeks
to make a better life for themselves.

Hundreds of thousands of self employed folks have seen 15-25% cut in earnings, a 20-25
% increase in their work hours just because of added regulation... now at a level of new regulation
over 50% since Obama got here, American business now face a regulation cost greater than
the "entire" GDP of Canada, couple that with a 20% greater corporate income tax, US business
faces a 40% disadvantage with Canada.

Obama government alone, has a regulation cost of 15% of the economy, 35 % corporate tax for a
clear 50% government cost.. no business, no country can survive that.

I asked my doctor yesterday " what do you do when your not here in the clinic" he said is used to
work with wood, now I have to work 12-14 hours a day with the new regulations.

Millions of working families under Obama care have had their deductables in 3-4-5-6 fold to many
thousands each year, as many of those families face a medical problem, their savings will be drained
leading the middle class to further hammered.

The question I ask is why, is he dumb enough to think you can destroy all those that work and still think
there will be enough to give those that don't ????

IN the end, I guess I have to say, if Obama made anyone's life better, it was likely some one not engaging
in making other peoples life better . Every aspect of American life will be worse by the end of his term.

Dicesitter
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 4th, 2014 at 7:09:12 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

. Every aspect of American life will be worse by the end of his term.

Dicesitter

Get real. My life hasn't changed from Bush to Obama.
Still work the same job, paying the same bills, vacationing in Vegas 2 to times a year.
Things are better simply because as I get older less debt, house almost paid off.
I am better off but it has nothing to do with who is president.
Micky Mouse could be president and my life goes on as it allways has improving slowly due to less debt.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
dicesitter
dicesitter
November 4th, 2014 at 7:20:53 AM permalink
terapined

your working a job someone gave you, and like most people that have no skin in the game
your happy to take.

I wonder what you would say if your boss said we have some new federal regulations and now
you will take a 25% cut in pay, and by the way, Friday night at 5 your no longer done, we have to have
you here until 10 for the added paper work, or else you could certainly come back Saturday morning and
do it.

I would love to see your comments if you life was affected.

dicesetter
terapined
terapined
November 4th, 2014 at 7:33:36 AM permalink

I wonder what you would say if your boss said we have some new federal regulations and now
you will take a 25% cut in pay, and by the way, Friday night at 5 your no longer done, we have to have
you here until 10 for the added paper work, or else you could certainly come back Saturday morning and
do it.
dicesetter

You are right, I would not be happy with that fantasy.
But I deal in reality of my life and job. Regardless of who is President, my life has improved.
Industry I work in is highly regulated.
But the industry moves forward regardless who is President.
dicesitter
dicesitter
November 4th, 2014 at 8:57:14 AM permalink
Terapined

that is not a fantasy to millions of americans,, it is a reality

Now you sit there and say hey I really don't care, I live way over here and am not affected, well I have news for you
someday with the type of government we have tolerated, it will hit you and your industry, and then you are going to
reach out at the injustice, and a lot of others will say.... hey that Terapined lives way over there !!!!

Dicesetter
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
November 4th, 2014 at 10:06:01 AM permalink
Yeah it's just plain naive to say that 'my life is better'. The president affects the nation and the world. Usually he doesn't have any influence in my life. Unfortunately this president's policies will negatively affect my pocketbook this year. But my life is still heaps and bounds better now than when Bush was pres. That's due to MY life choices, not anything the president did.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
terapined
terapined
November 4th, 2014 at 10:37:12 AM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

Yeah it's just plain naive to say that 'my life is better'. The president affects the nation and the world. Usually he doesn't have any influence in my life. Unfortunately this president's policies will negatively affect my pocketbook this year. But my life is still heaps and bounds better now than when Bush was pres. That's due to MY life choices, not anything the president did.

How about this,
Regardless of who is president, my life goes on uneffected.
A dem becomes president and republicans think my life will suffer and dems think my life will improve
A repub becomes president and repubs think my life will be better and dems predict my life will suffer.
National politics gets all the attention but has little or no effect on my life.
My life does not change due to national politics.
Local politics effects my life a great deal but it gets little or no attention.
Local road repairs, quality of schools, property taxes, crime, local police ect is what effects my life, local politics is important.
National politics - meh
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
November 4th, 2014 at 1:30:48 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

How about this,
Regardless of who is president, my life goes on uneffected.

That seems to be a common line I've heard from democrats. Although it's not going to kill me, this president affected my wallet negatively. Consider yourself lucky.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
  • Threads: 29
November 4th, 2014 at 3:42:12 PM permalink
Quote: cclub79

It always struck me as odd that the "love everybody" crowd who likes to defend dictators and murderers dreamed up Bush assassination movies and hated the man with such a passion. I think Obama's policies are doing a lot to keep America from growing and getting out of the recession, and giving more control to an already bloated federal government, but I don't HATE him personally. I will work to ensure his defeat at the polls, but I don't wish him ill whatsoever.

Yeah, hopefully if you work hard at it, you can prevent that third term.

I love Bush, I hate Blackbama. Where's my shotgun and my teeth?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 4th, 2014 at 4:16:34 PM permalink

ams

OBama has made most peoples life miserable, in fact there are very few stones he has left unturned in
trying to create a country never intended.

As a 66 year old grandfather, I have no idea even where to start describing the guy.

I will simply say he wanted to be president to make the country in the vision of Hugo
Chaves. Obama detests free markets, small business, Christians, whites and particularly
those that took the promise of America to heart and worked years of 70 hour work weeks
to make a better life for themselves.

Hundreds of thousands of self employed folks have seen 15-25% cut in earnings, a 20-25
% increase in their work hours just because of added regulation... now at a level of new regulation
over 50% since Obama got here, American business now face a regulation cost greater than
the "entire" GDP of Canada, couple that with a 20% greater corporate income tax, US business
faces a 40% disadvantage with Canada.

Obama government alone, has a regulation cost of 15% of the economy, 35 % corporate tax for a
clear 50% government cost.. no business, no country can survive that.

I asked my doctor yesterday " what do you do when your not here in the clinic" he said is used to
work with wood, now I have to work 12-14 hours a day with the new regulations.

Millions of working families under Obama care have had their deductables in 3-4-5-6 fold to many
thousands each year, as many of those families face a medical problem, their savings will be drained
leading the middle class to further hammered.

The question I ask is why, is he dumb enough to think you can destroy all those that work and still think
there will be enough to give those that don't ????

IN the end, I guess I have to say, if Obama made anyone's life better, it was likely some one not engaging
in making other peoples life better . Every aspect of American life will be worse by the end of his term.

Dicesitter

This is so not true. Consider below - these positive changes affect nearly all Americans.

As to Obamacare (specifically), premium rises nationwide look like this over the last 11 years, up to the point Obamacare takes over:

Projected amounts needed past to future as a percentage of income stabilize compared to past years.

This is what happens with Obamacare in place, with many savings skewed by how (and whether) the states implement:

ObamaCare Insurance Premium Rate Hikes Facts

• Many people are finding their Premiums rising at alarming rates. People with high-end plans may continue to see higher prices on their plans moving forward, while low to middle income Americans and employees will see an Average savings of 60% of their premiums due to subsidies, tax credits and up-front assistance. Customers in States utilizing rate review provisions who purchase marketplace insurance using premium tax credits will see the highest reduction in rates.

• Holding insurance companies accountable, the rate review provision and the 80/20 rule yielded an estimated $2.1 billion in savings in 2012 alone. However, this is very disproportionately from one State to the next, with many saving nothing and others saving tens of millions.

• The rate review provision has led to less requests for premium increases over 10% since the provision went into effect.

• In 2012 States like Washington and California have saved their constituents tens of millions of dollars by blocking or lowering rate increases, while others like Texas have saved only $2k via the Rate Review provision.

• 44 States and Washington D.C. have effective Rate Review programs. Montana, Wyoming, Arizona, Missouri, Arizona, Louisiana and Alabama do not. Virginia has a partial effective program.

• Some rate increases have made insurance unaffordable for Americans. Many of ObamaCare’s provisions associated with premium costs don’t start until 2014.

• Insurance companies have to disclose how funds are being spent. They must spend a minimum of 80% on healthcare or give consumers a rebate for the difference. This is known of the 80/20 rule and has saved Americans $1.1 Billion as of Sept., 2012.

• The rapid appeals provision lets you repeal any claim from insurance companies within days, giving customers legal standing to fight the appeal and helping to curb insurance premium costs.

• The Rate Review rules applies to new plans in the individual and small group markets. (If you are in a health plan that existed on March 23, 2010, your plan may be a grandfathered plan, which is exempt from the Rate Review rules.)

• Each state may have its own minimum premium increase that requires a review, based on the state’s unique premium trends, health care cost trends, and other factors.

• If your state doesn’t have a Rate Review program, or has a Rate Review program that is ineffective, the federal government will conduct Rate Reviews in your state.

• An estimated 13 million Americans have received rebates due to the 80/20 rule.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 4th, 2014 at 4:19:54 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This is so not true. Consider below - these positive changes affect nearly all Americans.

As to Obamacare (specifically), premium rises nationwide look like this over the last 11 years, up to the point Obamacare takes over:

Projected amounts needed past to future as a percentage of income stabilize compared to past years.

This is what happens with Obamacare in place, with many savings skewed by how (and whether) the states implement:

ObamaCare Insurance Premium Rate Hikes Facts

• Many people are finding their Premiums rising at alarming rates. People with high-end plans may continue to see higher prices on their plans moving forward, while low to middle income Americans and employees will see an Average savings of 60% of their premiums due to subsidies, tax credits and up-front assistance. Customers in States utilizing rate review provisions who purchase marketplace insurance using premium tax credits will see the highest reduction in rates.

• Holding insurance companies accountable, the rate review provision and the 80/20 rule yielded an estimated $2.1 billion in savings in 2012 alone. However, this is very disproportionately from one State to the next, with many saving nothing and others saving tens of millions.

• The rate review provision has led to less requests for premium increases over 10% since the provision went into effect.

• In 2012 States like Washington and California have saved their constituents tens of millions of dollars by blocking or lowering rate increases, while others like Texas have saved only $2k via the Rate Review provision.

• 44 States and Washington D.C. have effective Rate Review programs. Montana, Wyoming, Arizona, Missouri, Arizona, Louisiana and Alabama do not. Virginia has a partial effective program.

• Some rate increases have made insurance unaffordable for Americans. Many of ObamaCare’s provisions associated with premium costs don’t start until 2014.

• Insurance companies have to disclose how funds are being spent. They must spend a minimum of 80% on healthcare or give consumers a rebate for the difference. This is known of the 80/20 rule and has saved Americans $1.1 Billion as of Sept., 2012.

• The rapid appeals provision lets you repeal any claim from insurance companies within days, giving customers legal standing to fight the appeal and helping to curb insurance premium costs.

• The Rate Review rules applies to new plans in the individual and small group markets. (If you are in a health plan that existed on March 23, 2010, your plan may be a grandfathered plan, which is exempt from the Rate Review rules.)

• Each state may have its own minimum premium increase that requires a review, based on the state’s unique premium trends, health care cost trends, and other factors.

• If your state doesn’t have a Rate Review program, or has a Rate Review program that is ineffective, the federal government will conduct Rate Reviews in your state.

• An estimated 13 million Americans have received rebates due to the 80/20 rule.

But Obama's black...Donald Trump and every other Republican commentator have made this subtly clear on Fox News. Obviously, that negatively effects everyone; reasons are irrelevant. He has a birth certificate from Hawaii, which proves he was born in Kenya and is a black Muslim.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 4th, 2014 at 4:41:56 PM permalink
Quote: Sonuvabish

But Obama's black...Donald Trump and every other Republican commentator have made this subtly clear on Fox News. Obviously, that negatively effects everyone; reasons are irrelevant. He has a birth certificate from Hawaii, which proves he was born in Kenya and is a black Muslim.

Obama himself said he was a muslim, right on TV. George Snuffulupagus corrected him of course. But who on earth "forgets" what church they go to?
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 4th, 2014 at 5:04:22 PM permalink

Obama himself said he was a muslim, right on TV. George Snuffulupagus corrected him of course. But who on earth "forgets" what church they go to?

This is completely false. His 'admission' is a description of how he's offended that people call him a Muslim. I think they made a 2 hour video of Bush gaffes. Nutcase stuff like this is why I hate Republicans...I never really care, unless someone takes a side that is ridiculously stupid, and strongly supports it with ludicrous ideas while the other party is comparatively silent. Obama was born in a different country, that school shooting is conclusive evidence we need less gun control, there's a war on christmas, climate change is a hoax. I feel alienated from Republicans because I am not a moron. I bet most ploppies are Republicans, and though wasting their money, consider themselves financially conservative--even though they're not.
terapined
terapined
November 4th, 2014 at 5:24:17 PM permalink

This is just so absurd. The right knows he's a Christian. They constantly complained that he attended Rev Wright's church.
By the way this Rev has a pretty impressive past. So trusted, he was on the medical team that operated on a sitting President of the USA.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 4th, 2014 at 5:27:37 PM permalink

This is just so absurd. The right knows he's a Christian. They constantly complained that he attended Rev Wright's church.
By the way this Rev has a pretty impressive past. So trusted, he was on the medical team that operated on a sitting President of the USA.

I don't buy that he does anything more than pretend he is Christian. He is either atheist, agnostic, or muslim. I base this on his actions and behaviors.

If a white politician went to a church like that of Wright that politician's career would have been over.
terapined
terapined
November 4th, 2014 at 5:42:39 PM permalink

I don't buy that he does anything more than pretend he is Christian. He is either atheist, agnostic, or muslim. I base this on his actions and behaviors.

If a white politician went to a church like that of Wright that politician's career would have been over.

I see you skipped over BBB's amazing post.
Any comments on that :-)
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 4th, 2014 at 5:44:19 PM permalink

How can he be an atheist or agnostic? You gave us conclusive proof that he admitted he's a Muslim. Your viewpoint is not insane at all.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 4th, 2014 at 5:46:56 PM permalink

Yes, anyone can cherry-pick a few facts. I see no mention he has the highest average unemployment of any modern POTUS in his term. He has the highest Food Stamp participation but the lowest labor force participation since the 1970s. If we had the same participation rate as when Bush left office unemployment would still be over 10%. This is the slowest recovery in employment from a modern recession, ever.

Enough comments?
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 4th, 2014 at 5:47:01 PM permalink

Her post is irrelevant. Obama is black and a muslim. Isn't that basically what he said, parroting what they all say?
terapined
terapined
November 4th, 2014 at 6:52:52 PM permalink

Yes, anyone can cherry-pick a few facts. I see no mention he has the highest average unemployment of any modern POTUS in his term. He has the highest Food Stamp participation but the lowest labor force participation since the 1970s. If we had the same participation rate as when Bush left office unemployment would still be over 10%. This is the slowest recovery in employment from a modern recession, ever.

Enough comments?

Can always count on AZ to respond :-)
You are going to like this, watching CNN, 930 pm , polls here in FL closed 2 1/2 hours ago.
commercial time.
A Charlie Crist attack ad against Rick Scott. Gee, that's well spent campaign money.
Scott winning, looking good for the red team in Florida.

edit fixed Charlie Crist name :-)
Sonuvabish
Sonuvabish
November 4th, 2014 at 6:57:20 PM permalink

Enough comments?

This is the worst recession since the Depression. Bush threw us into it with wars and financial regs. Talk about cherry-picking.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 4th, 2014 at 6:59:00 PM permalink

You are going to like this, watching CNN, 930 pm , polls here in FL closed 2 1/2 hours ago.
commercial time.
A Charlie Christ attack ad against Rick Scott. Gee, that's well spent campaign money.

Probably some kind of leftovers they purchased. Or the network goofed. OTOH Christ went to court to keep polls open longer, maybe he planned ahead?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 4th, 2014 at 7:07:06 PM permalink

Probably some kind of leftovers they purchased. Or the network goofed. OTOH Christ went to court to keep polls open longer, maybe he planned ahead?

Important distinction: Crist is the candidate, not Christ.

Broward County machines stopped working (Ft. Lauderdale and such) for hours. Don't have the full info yet, but only 21% of precincts are reported in because of the malfunction. Votes in that county are a little less than 300K total, while contrast is in 2010, more than 400K voted, and statewide turnout is higher this year in all counties. Broward is running 71% for Crist, less than 20% for Scott, and the difference statewide is currently less than 100K. Miami-Dade is running 66% for Crist, and is the other incomplete results.

All we know is it's going to be a long night, and probably challenges to the results regardless of where it ends up.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 4th, 2014 at 7:10:40 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Important distinction: Crist is the candidate, not Christ.

My mistake, eyes shot at end of a long day.
dicesitter
dicesitter
November 5th, 2014 at 8:51:51 AM permalink
out of your mind.....

If you look at any measure of the economy it is terrible...... now you say well the market is up, unemployment is down and we have
so many more americans getting free stuff........

Well use your head, the market is up because the government printed almost 3 trillion and put it into the market.
We have records numbers of people on welfare, records numbers on food stamps, record numbers on disability.....

The question I have for you is two fold.....1.... what kind of economy would you have if the government quit printing
money and putting it in the market tomorrow, if they cut out welfare tomorrow, if they stopped record food stamps
tomorrow, and if numbers of those on ss disability went back to normal standards.... it would be awful.....

Couple that with the fact that over half the people on Obama care get money from the government that the government
then borrows or takes it out of the pockets of some one that had already paid for their insurance.

Right today...... we are almost 18 trillion in debt, 110 trillion in unfunded liabilities without any chance what so ever of paying that
back...... and that has bought the prosperity you talk about. Add to that we have the lowest worker participation rate since 1978
at a time the cost of government has doubled and worse. You also forget the millions that will lose their insurance on January
1 of 2015 as union contracts come of the waiver list and it is projected an average of 78% increase in cost.

Canada has universal healthcare and they have a balanced budget, they have no debt and they have a 15% corporate income tax
and low regulation... They do it as simple way. they have a tax that is spread throughout the economy, in the US because of people
like Obama, we have a cost for everything spread out only among 50% of the population.

Administrator.... all you have to do is ask my doctor what I asked..... what do you do when your not in the clinic..... he says because of
new government regulations, I am always in the clinic 12-14 hours a day, 6 days a week,,,,, it is no wonder over 25% of the doctors
in this country have already left the Obama care program.

The damage Obama has caused to decent American citizens is not any part of what the government was permitted to do by the constitution,
and within the next year, it will become even more clear.

Not a single thing Obama has done has been approved by more than 50% of the American people, not Obama care, not IRS abuse, not increase
in regulations, not increases in taxes, nothing.

He has made life miserable for small business people.... then again you don't care about that.... you live way over there.

When one American stops caring about government abuse to another American...... all freedoms granted the people under our
constitution are in trouble.

dicesitter
  • Jump to: