RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
March 10th, 2010 at 9:08:02 AM permalink
Hardly gambling related, but it does have to do with Vegas.....

Has anyone gone to see Carrot Top's show in Vegas?

Is it worth ticket face value?

Is it worth it for 50% of face value?
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
March 10th, 2010 at 11:32:48 AM permalink
I'm guessing if you like Carrot Top, youll like the show. Having not been familiar with his comedy stylings, I visited Youtube. I probably wouldnt pay full price for tickets, but if I got a 2 for 1 ticket deal might drag the wife to see him if we had a free evening.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
March 10th, 2010 at 11:41:20 AM permalink
I've never seen him live, but my rule of thumb for acts like that is that regardless of how he comes across on TV or youtube, he's a serious professional and would probably be pretty damn good in person, at least once.

Rule excepted for Gallagher.
A falling knife has no handle.
wildqat
wildqat
  • Threads: 4
March 10th, 2010 at 11:58:26 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Maybe now, but I saw Gallagher live about twenty years ago when he was still popular and before he became a bitter old man. I thought he was pretty funny.
SnowCitizen
SnowCitizen
  • Threads: 3
March 10th, 2010 at 12:53:20 PM permalink
I have seen Carrot Top four times in the last six years (three in Vegas.) I really enjoy his show. It is very good the first time you see it, and I have found it to still be good with multiple viewings since he updates his material to current events. I most recently went sixteen days ago, and it was probably the worst I have seen, because it was not updated as much as I was hoping, but I still had a good time. I will probably wait two or three years before seeing him again.

Even at full price, I think he is worth it. Obviously, the better deal you can find the better off you will be. It is about 75% prop comedy and 25% stand-up, so it would be a good idea to look up his stuff and make sure you don't hate prop comedy. Most people either love Carrot Top or hate him. If you see him let us know how it went. Good luck.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
March 10th, 2010 at 1:15:24 PM permalink
Quote: wildqat

Quote: Mosca

Maybe now, but I saw Gallagher live about twenty years ago when he was still popular and before he became a bitter old man. I thought he was pretty funny.

Understood and agreed.
A falling knife has no handle.
derik999
derik999
  • Threads: 15
March 21st, 2010 at 8:15:07 AM permalink
Quote: SnowCitizen

I have seen Carrot Top four times in the last six years (three in Vegas.) I really enjoy his show. It is very good the first time you see it, and I have found it to still be good with multiple viewings since he updates his material to current events. I most recently went sixteen days ago, and it was probably the worst I have seen, because it was not updated as much as I was hoping, but I still had a good time. I will probably wait two or three years before seeing him again.

Even at full price, I think he is worth it. Obviously, the better deal you can find the better off you will be. It is about 75% prop comedy and 25% stand-up, so it would be a good idea to look up his stuff and make sure you don't hate prop comedy. Most people either love Carrot Top or hate him. If you see him let us know how it went. Good luck.

Does seeing his guest appearances on late night shows where he's pretty much going through props at rapid fire pace give a good indication of what to expect?
SnowCitizen
SnowCitizen
  • Threads: 3
March 21st, 2010 at 3:01:26 PM permalink
Quote:

Does seeing his guest appearances on late night shows where he's pretty much going through props at rapid fire pace give a good indication of what to expect?

Yes, this is exactly what he will do for most of the show.
  • Jump to: