pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
March 4th, 2010 at 7:09:21 AM permalink
Sarah tried stand up on Tonight Show. I don't know if it was the voice, the predictable jokes, or the blue jeans, but I found it irritating.

She does seem to have found a home on TV. But she seems more and more like an ex-politician.
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
March 4th, 2010 at 7:21:34 AM permalink
The problem was they were clearly written by Jay's writers, who haven't made me laugh when HE tells them for a couple of years.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
March 4th, 2010 at 7:39:05 AM permalink
I didn't watch, but I overheard as my wife watched. She sounded like Rupert Pupkin riffing.
A falling knife has no handle.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 4th, 2010 at 8:00:45 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

Sarah tried stand up on Tonight Show. I don't know if it was the voice, the predictable jokes, or the blue jeans, but I found it irritating.

She does seem to have found a home on TV. But she seems more and more like an ex-politician.

Better to sound like an ex-pol than a current one. She is finding her calling on TV and by whipping up support for candidates. If I were her advisor I'd sugest she keep playing that role. She also has the ability to drive the left crazy just by being alive.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
jwptceo
jwptceo
  • Threads: 2
March 4th, 2010 at 8:06:30 AM permalink
I realize she is a polarizing figure, and is certainly not without her share of faults. But I thought her jokes on Leno were decent. I mean that format of just one liners is tough to begin with but for a non comedian I thought she did fine.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
March 4th, 2010 at 8:14:21 AM permalink
You can rearrange the letters in Sarah Palin and spell the not quite grammatical "Las Piranha" -- a small meat eating fish.

--Dorothy
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
March 4th, 2010 at 8:27:42 AM permalink
Here is a link to her appearance. To skip the couch chat, go to the point with 2:30 left. I don't know if the problem was on my end, but half way through I could barely hear anything. In my opinion the jokes were weak but her delivery was fine, especially considering she is not a professional comedian. I tried a little stand up on "talent show" night on a cruise last summer and did much worse than her.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
nyuhoosier
nyuhoosier
  • Threads: 31
March 4th, 2010 at 9:26:57 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

I don't know if it was the voice, the predictable jokes, or the blue jeans, but I found it irritating.

I always find her irritating, but as long as she's not seeking or holding office ... so be it. She seems content to be the queen of fake outrage.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
March 4th, 2010 at 9:54:45 AM permalink
Thanks for the link. I dont know much about the lipstick wearing soccor mom apart from what was over reported during the presidental election runup and coverage.

Based on this appearance, I think she would be a better TV Personality than comedian, and could well have a future on some form of panel show, but please, no more comedy.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
March 4th, 2010 at 12:49:47 PM permalink
It is very frightening how Rupert Pupkin's fantasy is becoming so real. Barack will be a very young man when he leaves the White House (age 51 or age 55). Why should he stomp around on the speaking circuit when he can simply build a career on television.
  • Jump to: