Pew Research: Media coverage favors gay marriage

Nah, no media bias whatsoever.*

*Just "ethical dissimilarity"...as one here would say. LOL
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
June 21st, 2013 at 10:28:17 AM permalink
Barack Obama repeatedly confused the name of British chancellor George Osborne with R&B singer Jeffrey Osborne

Can you imagine if George W. Bush or Sarah Palin had made this mistake????? (Yet the libs continue to say there's no media bias...)

As you can see, it's sooooooo easy to get the two confused:

(And no, Bingo, there's no ethical dissimilarity here)
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
June 22nd, 2013 at 8:25:52 AM permalink
I'm not defending Barack HUSSEIN Obama here but how many British Chancellors of the Exchequer can you name? I'm sure he was briefed on the Who's-Who is British power structure and used a memory trick to keep the name in his head but he should have been a little more careful. As for Sarah Palin and George W. Bush, those two are just plain stupid, dumb as a box or rocks upward failing morons. Gaffs are expected from George and Sarah which is what makes them both newsworthy and hilarious.

"President Barack HUSSEIN Obama forgot the first name of the Chancellor of the Exchequer!!", not catchy.
"President George W. Bush flips the bird to the press!!", better.
"Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin reads all newspapers!!", hilarious!
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
June 22nd, 2013 at 9:07:42 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

"President Barack HUSSEIN Obama forgot the first name of the Chancellor of the Exchequer!!", not catchy.
"President George W. Bush flips the bird to the press!!", better.
"Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin reads all newspapers!!", hilarious!

President Obama said he visited almost all 57 states.
President Obama said how important his muslim faith was to him.
President Obama made fun of Special Olympics on national TV.

Id' say Barack Hussein Obama is the one as dumb as a box of rocks, but that isn't fair to the rocks.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
June 22nd, 2013 at 9:22:49 AM permalink
Now now now AZ how can you possibly measure the intelligence of a rock?
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
June 22nd, 2013 at 9:23:26 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Id' say Barack Hussein Obama is the one as dumb as a box of rocks, but that isn't fair to the rocks.

Bitter?
What amazes me is the repubs could have easily taken the senate last election if they put up some decent candidates. Christine Odonnell, Sharon Angle, Todd Aiken. Talk about dumb.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 22nd, 2013 at 9:38:47 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Bitter?

Only about how the media makes out any conservative to be a moron while a liberal can say or do anything and be considered smart.

Sarah Palin: Became mayor and governor on her own
Hillary Clinton: Got everywhere by being Mrs Bill Clinton (and put up with him cheating on her the whole way)

Who does the media make out to be smarter?

Dan Quayle: GOP Senator picked to be VP, called "dumb" because of a lack of accomplishment
Barrack Obama: Unaccomplished Democrat Senator treated as most qualified and intelligent candidate ever

Seriously, what did Obama say or do to get all the push he was given by the media in 2008?
terapined
terapined
June 22nd, 2013 at 9:57:29 AM permalink

Only about how the media makes out any conservative to be a moron while a liberal can say or do anything and be considered smart.

Sarah Palin: Became mayor and governor on her own
Hillary Clinton: Got everywhere by being Mrs Bill Clinton (and put up with him cheating on her the whole way)

Who does the media make out to be smarter?

Dan Quayle: GOP Senator picked to be VP, called "dumb" because of a lack of accomplishment
Barrack Obama: Unaccomplished Democrat Senator treated as most qualified and intelligent candidate ever

Seriously, what did Obama say or do to get all the push he was given by the media in 2008?

Ok, I get it you are bitter about the media. It is what it is. Its run by humans, what do you expect. But anyway who cares, It doesn't influence me and it doesn't influence you. Despite the media, many on the right still get elected.
Just curious because there is a huge divide among conservatives, what side are the conservatives on this board on?
You got Marco Rubio, Hannity and Bill O supporting immigration reform, you got Coulter, Bachman and Beck against.
Where do the conservatives stand on this board on this issue?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 22nd, 2013 at 10:33:11 AM permalink

Ok, I get it you are bitter about the media. It is what it is. Its run by humans, what do you expect. But anyway who cares, It doesn't influence me and it doesn't influence you. Despite the media, many on the right still get elected.
Just curious because there is a huge divide among conservatives, what side are the conservatives on this board on?
You got Marco Rubio, Hannity and Bill O supporting immigration reform, you got Coulter, Bachman and Beck against.

First, Bill O is centrist, not conservative. If he were conservative, Obama would never have sat for an interview with him. But back to point.

I am against the current bill. If you want to turn the current illegals to green-card holders that is one thing. They would still be paying taxes and get "out of the shadows." I see no good reason to grant citizenship. And I think nothing should be done without better border security.

This being said, some of it will be a moot point. After about 2020, Mexico will be near-zero population growth. At the same time, its local per-capita will keep increasing. Combined the flow of Mexicans will ease.

How the USA handles the racial shift remains to be seen. I do not know of a country where the racial make-up changed so much and thrived or even survived. We can see some of what is to come in the "demonstrations" Mexicans have had here in the USA a few years back to protest the then lack-of reform. Such big demonstrations are not an American way of doing things. Not that we have not had any, but what we have had tended to be more located in DC and organized. That is one thing. Will we see higher corruption levels? A return to a more male-dominated society? How will the Mexican-Black relationship end up--Mexicans are already causing "Black Flight" in parts of LA much as Blacks caused "White Flight" in the 1970s.

One thing is for sure, nobody is preparing for what may happen as they are all too busy counting potential voters.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
June 22nd, 2013 at 10:33:11 AM permalink

Ok, I get it you are bitter about the media. It is what it is. Its run by humans, what do you expect. But anyway who cares, It doesn't influence me and it doesn't influence you.

It does influence the uninformed voters on either side. If you and I read and listen and make different choices based on who we feel is best, we can at least discuss our views. Those who let the media call the signals for them really have no real idea why they vote for one person or the other. Scary...

Despite the media, many on the right still get elected.

Yes, but I think more (not a lot, just a few) would be elected if the press balanced their stories. Maybe less would...who knows...it is not a condition that exists currently!!

Immigration reform? It has to be done. There is no way to deport 30 million people...we'd go broke trying. It is better to figure out a way to "fix" the border, tighten employment laws and enforcement to discourage illegals, and move forward. I don't think immigration reform will lead to 30 million "new" Democrats; they'll settle in and pick their politics based on where they live and their experiences much like everyone else does.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
June 22nd, 2013 at 11:07:33 AM permalink

Rick Santorum actually admitted that the substance of what conservatives believe to be "the media narrative" is true.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
June 22nd, 2013 at 12:49:24 PM permalink

+1

More examples of how the "objective" mainstream media works. I mean, can you imagine their reaction had Bush, Palin, or Quayle had said any of these boneheaded things?!?!
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
June 22nd, 2013 at 3:06:12 PM permalink

Rick Santorum actually admitted that the substance of what conservatives believe to be "the media narrative" is true.

You say "admitted," I say "insisted." If you know anything about the history of Rick Santorum, this statement is a key part of his own twisted narrative.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
June 22nd, 2013 at 3:56:30 PM permalink
"Insisted" and "admitted" must be ethically dissimilar then.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
June 22nd, 2013 at 4:28:22 PM permalink

You got Marco Rubio, Hannity and Bill O supporting immigration reform.

Hannity has never supported immigration reform as you construe it: "Hannity agreed with Coulter’s assessment, asking, “Doesn’t America have the right to be a sovereign country and secure its borders? Why is that controversial and why don’t you do that first?” Later in the interview, he also said that “Republicans are suckers,” because, when they collaborate with Democrats, the end result is a bill with few conservative-friendly ideals." theblaze
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
June 22nd, 2013 at 6:07:19 PM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

You say "admitted," I say "insisted." If you know anything about the history of Rick Santorum, this statement is a key part of his own twisted narrative.

I wanted to find out a little more about Santorum, so I Googled his name.
24Bingo
24Bingo
June 22nd, 2013 at 6:31:02 PM permalink
You don't care. Like a creationist digging up quotes from Darwin, you seek to impeach some god, of whom understanding, even understanding of the pursuit of understanding, is a horrible thing, so not giving a damn where he comes from or why he is what he is, you look for what "even" this god "admits," since surely these acolytes cannot attack such a proposition, since surely these creatures of whom understanding is anathema could only be brainwashed acolytes. So, satisfied, you stand and fling feces.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
RonC
RonC
June 22nd, 2013 at 9:58:22 PM permalink

Why must you spew such stuff?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 23rd, 2013 at 3:34:53 AM permalink

Is there a good reason you would post that?
RonC
RonC
June 23rd, 2013 at 4:01:28 AM permalink

Is there a good reason you would post that?

If you have nothing to add to a conversation, insult someone. Liberals do it very well.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
June 26th, 2013 at 11:39:40 AM permalink
This is to all of the people out there (most of whom, ironically, aren't even Republican) who keep saying that the GOP needs to change its position on gay marriage. Just take a look at what happened this week in Massachusetts. Republican candidate Gabriel Gomez, who kept yapping about how he's pro-gay marriage, thought that being a "new" kind of Republican would help him win. But guess what actually happened?? He got his a** kicked by double digits and lost to Democrat Ed Markey.

Moral of the story: Don't believe the hype. Switching positions isn't the way to the promised land because liberals will never vote Republican anyway.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
June 30th, 2013 at 7:51:10 AM permalink
Got to give Anderson Cooper a little bit of credit here. He recently tweeted: "Why does #AlecBaldwin get a pass when he uses gay slurs? If a conservative talked of beating up a 'queen' they would be vilified"

On one hand, I realize that guys like Bingo will defend Baldwin's gay slurs by saying they're 'ethically dissimilar' to a conservative's gay slurs, but I don't buy that crap for a second.

My explanation: It's pure, unadulterated liberal media bias, plain and simple.
terapined
terapined
June 30th, 2013 at 8:43:59 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

This is to all of the people out there (most of whom, ironically, aren't even Republican) who keep saying that the GOP needs to change its position on gay marriage. Just take a look at what happened this week in Massachusetts. Republican candidate Gabriel Gomez, who kept yapping about how he's pro-gay marriage, thought that being a "new" kind of Republican would help him win. But guess what actually happened?? He got his a** kicked by double digits and lost to Democrat Ed Markey.

Moral of the story: Don't believe the hype. Switching positions isn't the way to the promised land because liberals will never vote Republican anyway.

I'm getting such a chuckle due to your convoluted logic. Its Massachusetts, Gomez never had a chance no matter what position he takes.
What's really sad is the Republicans have gotten my vote in the past but have totally turned me off.
I believe in small govt, low taxes, govt staying out of our lives, businesses having the freedom to succeed or fail. I get all that and supported all that in the past and have voted republican. I'm in reality an independent but have gone both ways in the past. I live in a battleground state, FL, and I live in the key I4 corridor that determines which way the electoral votes go. What turns me off is I am for freedom and the Repubs are against certain freedoms, particularly freedom of choice, freedom to marry and freedom to become a citizen. Due to those reasons, they lose my key vote. (Used to live in MD, my vote meant nothing there, solid demo state) in a battleground state in the key demographic area. If they simply concentrated on taxes and jobs, might get my vote but noooo, they have to offend me with the anti gay rhetoric, and I'm not gay. Whew, off to Heritage harbor for 18 holes, hopefully can shoot under 100, LOL I wish.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
June 30th, 2013 at 5:36:16 PM permalink

I'm getting such a chuckle due to your convoluted logic. Its Massachusetts, Gomez never had a chance no matter what position he takes.

Duh! That's my entire point...they won't win (or lose) based on their gay marriage position.
terapined
terapined
June 30th, 2013 at 5:48:43 PM permalink

Duh! That's my entire point...they won't win (or lose) based on their gay marriage position.

Last Senate election, Delaware, Missouri and Nevada, All winnable for the republican side except for the poor quality of candidate the repubs ran. Any smart moderate republican could have won any of those senate seats easily. That's why Rove is furious. Repubs lost winnable states due to extreme right candidates winning the primary to run for senator.
24Bingo
24Bingo
June 30th, 2013 at 6:05:32 PM permalink

What's really sad is the Republicans have gotten my vote in the past but have totally turned me off.

Brown won, and prior to the election he'd pretty much been the face of putting gay marriage up to a vote. Granted, that was mostly because of whom he was running against, but still.

Also, Beethoven9th, don't you think this is getting a bit much? I'm sorry I made you read a dictionary.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
June 30th, 2013 at 6:08:33 PM permalink

I imagine it's more complicated than that. I wouldn't vote for someone like Santorium running on pro-gay marriage (hah ha, so unlikely) , because I wouldn't believe him. But others might be passable. So, it's worth a shot, especially if it's going to be a close call with an opponent.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
June 30th, 2013 at 6:16:21 PM permalink

Last Senate election, Delaware, Missouri and Nevada, All winnable for the republican side except for the poor quality of candidate the repubs ran. Any smart moderate republican could have won any of those senate seats easily. That's why Rove is furious. Repubs lost winnable states due to extreme right candidates winning the primary to run for senator.

What the hell does that have to do with the post you responded to? My point still stands.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
June 30th, 2013 at 6:16:49 PM permalink

Also, Beethoven9th, don't you think this is getting a bit much?

Nope.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
June 30th, 2013 at 6:17:37 PM permalink
"I imagine it's more complicated than that."

That was my entire point from the start.
24Bingo
24Bingo
June 30th, 2013 at 6:18:46 PM permalink
Only at this point I can only picture you tapping away naked, a little voodoo doll of me chained to a rack, "ETHICALLY DISSIMILAR" scrawled on the wall in blood and feces, and it's frankly kind of scaring me.

"I imagine it's more complicated than that."

That was my entire point from the start.

Funny, that's a concept you generally seem dead-set on dismissing.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
June 30th, 2013 at 6:26:46 PM permalink

Funny, that's a concept you generally seem dead-set on dismissing.

Obviously not, since that's what I was telling him from the start. (I have feeling that you didn't bother going back and reading the thread though)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
July 4th, 2013 at 10:33:00 AM permalink
Gallup: Republicans more proud to be American than Democrats

I laughed when I saw this headline. :D
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 4th, 2013 at 1:42:57 PM permalink

Gallup: Republicans more proud to be American than Democrats

I laughed when I saw this headline. :D

I can't believe they needed a poll to figure it out.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
July 8th, 2013 at 12:47:59 PM permalink
More Americans now get their news from Fox, more
than any other source. And the good news is, they're
finally giving Megyn Kelly her own prime time show in
the fall. Bout time.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163412/americans-main-source-news.aspx
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
July 8th, 2013 at 2:44:44 PM permalink
Does that make Fox now part of the lamestream media? :D
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
July 8th, 2013 at 2:56:24 PM permalink
Of course the FNC viewer doesn't realize that the margin of error of polls of 2,048 is +/- 3%, 95% of the time. So the actual range for FNC is 5-11% while CNN is 4-10%.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 8th, 2013 at 3:23:19 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Not until they start making up stories like CBS or blatantly editing 911 tapes like NBC, then maybe.
terapined
terapined
July 8th, 2013 at 3:29:31 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Foxnews has allways been a part of the lamestream media. Foxnews has absolutely no balls. A bunch of reporter wimps.
You will never ever see foxnews report honestly on the criminal organization known as scientology because Greta wont let them.

There are a lot on news companies that have balls, New Yorker, Rolling Stone, St Pete Times, BBC, CNN, ABC, LA TIMES ect. These news organizations will report a story honestly on scientology and take the heat. No way foxnews will do an honest report on scientology, its more important to keep Greta happy.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 8th, 2013 at 3:36:45 PM permalink
Nobody cares about Scientology, its a blip
on a knats ass.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
July 8th, 2013 at 3:38:24 PM permalink
If you whine about fair reporting on Scientology but ignore fabricated stories about conservatives, then you just might be a liberal.
terapined
terapined
July 8th, 2013 at 3:51:47 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Nobody cares about Scientology, its a blip
on a knats ass.

That's because you don't live in Clearwater. You don't care because Foxnews does not care. If you get your news from fox, consider yourself ignorant on the subject of scientology. Even Rolling Stone has more balls then fox, that's saying something.

Greta Fan? Now is all makes sense.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 8th, 2013 at 3:56:08 PM permalink

That's because you don't live in Clearwater..

Here's a shocker: Most people don't live in Clearwater.
I know I know, its rough to hear the truth. But somebody
had to tell you, better you heard it here than on the street.
terapined
terapined
July 8th, 2013 at 3:57:51 PM permalink

If you whine about fair reporting on Scientology but ignore fabricated stories about conservatives, then you just might be a liberal.

Of course I ignore fabricated stories about conservatives. When you have a major criminal organization in your back yard calling itself a religion and trying to pry their way into our public schools, some things are more important then others.
terapined
terapined
July 8th, 2013 at 4:00:34 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Here's a shocker: Most people don't live in Clearwater.
I know I know, its rough to hear the truth. But somebody
had to tell you, better you heard it here than on the street.

They are everywhere, they simply own the city of Clearwater. A criminal organization owning an American city, story to small for FAUX.
You watch Greta every nite? thought so.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 8th, 2013 at 4:10:53 PM permalink

I watch O'Reilly maybe 3 times a week, thats
it. I don't watch a lot of TV, I have a life.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
July 8th, 2013 at 4:15:57 PM permalink

Of course I ignore fabricated stories about conservatives. When you have a major criminal organization in your back yard calling itself a religion and trying to pry their way into our public schools, some things are more important then others.

OK, then I'll rephrase that. :)

If you're more worried about the teaching of Scientology in our public schools than the teaching of LGBT history, then you just might be a liberal.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
July 8th, 2013 at 4:16:51 PM permalink

They are everywhere, they simply own the city of Clearwater. A criminal organization owning an American city, story to small for FAUX.

So are you saying ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, BSNBC, and others have reported this yet FNC ignores it?

Do you have a thing for Greta? Do you think she is a hottie or something?
terapined
terapined
July 8th, 2013 at 4:34:01 PM permalink

So are you saying ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, BSNBC, and others have reported this yet FNC ignores it?

NBC, BSNBC, CBS???? All wimps just like Fox. ABC, that's another story, unlike Fox, they have balls.

Fox ignores tons of stories. Take the phone hacking scandal in the UK. Fox was ordered by their owners not to report that story. Just like Greta wont allow fox to report on scientology.
terapined
terapined
July 8th, 2013 at 4:55:40 PM permalink

OK, then I'll rephrase that. :)

If you're more worried about the teaching of Scientology in our public schools than the teaching of LGBT history, then you just might be a liberal.

LGBT history??????? You cant be brainwashed to be gay, you either are gay or not. Scientology brainwashes.
Never heard of LGBT history, please educate me :-)
  • Jump to: