Thread Rating:

FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
September 6th, 2012 at 8:42:01 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

You make the call.

Tough one....

Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
September 6th, 2012 at 8:43:43 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Just to clean this up a bit, I quoted a source that had links to statistics. The source is not accepted. So I'll ask again, what have you got?

Well, I have unemployment never over 7.2% under Bush, that under his last days as a lame-duck POTUS. And I have unemployment never under 8% under Obama, except for his first days of what his supporters say "you can't blame him for."

I won't even go into comparing Carter and Reagan. Like comparing a Yugo to a Lexus.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
September 6th, 2012 at 9:03:43 AM permalink
Ok, so under those statistics on

January 19, 2009 there was no chance unemployment was over 7.2%

January 20, 2009 there was no chance unemployment was under 8%

So during the transfer of power of presidency, at least .8% of the country lost their job that day? Let's round to 200 million Americans in the workforce. That means that about 1.6 MILLION people lost their job on Obama's first day as president and it was his fault.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 6th, 2012 at 9:07:35 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Ok, so under those statistics on

January 19, 2009 there was no chance unemployment was over 7.2%

Quote: AZDuffman

And I have unemployment never under 8% under Obama, except for his first days of what his supporters say "you can't blame him for."

January 20, 2009 there was no chance unemployment was under 8%

So during the transfer of power of presidency, at least .8% of the country lost their job that day? Let's round to 200 million Americans in the workforce. That means that about 1.6 MILLION people lost their job on Obama's first day as president and it was his fault.

Did you read my entire post?
FinsRule
FinsRule
September 6th, 2012 at 9:17:58 AM permalink
Ok, what do you define as his first days? Do you think changes can occur that quickly?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 6th, 2012 at 9:24:40 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Ok, what do you define as his first days? Do you think changes can occur that quickly?

In Jan 2009 the unemployment rate was 7.8%
In February 2009 it was 8.1%
It has not fallen below 8.1% since, meeting that number last April, now back up to 8.3%.

So for his first 11 days it was <8%. Lets call "his first days" 11 days.
FinsRule
FinsRule
September 6th, 2012 at 9:33:37 AM permalink
Honestly, I could make a long post right now, and then you could argue it, and I could argue back, but I'm not going to.

I'll just say that he was left with a mess that wasn't finished getting bigger. There is still a mess, and the debate is whether we are on the right track or not. If we're on the right track, then 4 more years makes sense. If not, then we need a new President.

You feel one way, I feel the other. Whoever wins as President I will be rooting for to make things better, do you feel the same way?
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
September 6th, 2012 at 9:38:38 AM permalink

Well, I have unemployment never over 7.2% under Bush, that under his last days as a lame-duck POTUS. And I have unemployment never under 8% under Obama, except for his first days of what his supporters say "you can't blame him for."

I won't even go into comparing Carter and Reagan. Like comparing a Yugo to a Lexus.

I don't see any link there. I provided one that has actual statistics and facts in it. But you didn't like those facts because it came via DailyKos. So here's a link to the Wall Street Journal. Maybe you'll like that link better. But I'll ask again, what have you got?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 6th, 2012 at 10:44:48 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

I don't see any link there.

No link, summary of data from a government website. Two simple numbers, didn't see the need.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
September 6th, 2012 at 10:53:33 AM permalink

No link, summary of data from a government website. Two simple numbers, didn't see the need.

So the information that you've povided comes from Azduffman as far as I can tell. I can't take your numbers seriously. Sorry. Links or it didn't happen.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez

• Jump to: