Thread Rating:

rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
June 23rd, 2012 at 2:00:04 PM permalink
My Droid Razr Maxx updated itself to Android 4.04 (Ice Cream Sandwich) overnight. So far, I'm not impressed. It's pretty, and some things are easier than before. But it's also buggy, and some things I used before are just gone. Also, my battery is dead already. I don't know what it's doing to drain the battery like this, but today's discharge rate is about 3x normal.

I have lost the ability to turn off 4g, but keep 3g. Now, can choose "global" (new), 4g/3g, or data off. So much for that battery saving trick. The 4x1 "phone" youtube shortcut is also gone, leaving only the 3x2 "tablet" version. I can now more fully customize the 4 icon "bottom bar," but attempts to change it cause the phone to freeze. Hotspot/wifi-tethering does not work, though that's a feature that I pay for. I'm going to change my plan this week anyway, but still...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 23rd, 2012 at 2:51:33 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Also, my battery is dead already. I don't know what it's doing to drain the battery like this, but today's discharge rate is about 3x normal.

I heard something about it on the radio. Apparently some background software which should turn off stays turned on and draws some processing power. This has the effect of draining the battery faster.

You may also want to check if you have blue tooth on, or searching for devices when it shouldn't. I had an old, old phone that did this, and the battery died every two days.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
  • Jump to: