bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
August 19th, 2016 at 3:37:16 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

BTB shops at bodegas and gas stations, then complains that the government is forcing him to pay too much for junk food.

The value of gasoline has plummeted since I was a child. I can buy seven gallons of gasoline with the dollar I had in my pocket at age 8. Who'da ever thunk, Gasoline, 14-cents a gallon.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
August 19th, 2016 at 5:23:35 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

The value of gasoline has plummeted since I was a child. I can buy seven gallons of gasoline with the dollar I had in my pocket at age 8. Who'da ever thunk, Gasoline, 14-cents a gallon.

Unless you are in your eighties, or grew up in Saudi Arabia, you are mistaken, again.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 19th, 2016 at 6:28:42 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Unless you are in your eighties, or grew up in Saudi Arabia, you are mistaken, again.

Put me down for 78-81.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 19th, 2016 at 7:26:25 PM permalink

I am not mistaken. Not "again", not even once. You are mistaken when saying that I am mistaken "again". So you are mistaken TWICE. You have a monopoly on mistaken.

I was 8 years old in 1964. With the quarter I had in my pocket that I won playing marbles, I could now buy two gallons of gasoline for my 2016 car. Gasoline is MUCH cheaper.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 19th, 2016 at 7:28:18 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Put me down for 78-81.

swing and a miss

streeeeeeiiiiiike!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
August 19th, 2016 at 9:34:53 PM permalink

I am not mistaken. Not "again", not even once. You are mistaken when saying that I am mistaken "again". So you are mistaken TWICE. You have a monopoly on mistaken.

I was 8 years old in 1964. With the quarter I had in my pocket that I won playing marbles, I could now buy two gallons of gasoline for my 2016 car. Gasoline is MUCH cheaper.

So were you lying in the other thread where you gave you age as being in the forties or are you lying now where you claim you are sixty. In any event, you never saw fourteen cent gasoline.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
August 19th, 2016 at 9:39:56 PM permalink

Fair enough. Thank you for the warning. But where were you when I was being called "stupid" and was unable to defend myself against a forum predator? My only option was to cuddle with my cat and cry on the keyboard.

When were you, yourself called "stupid" as opposed to some idea you expressed called stupid or (I saw) dumb? I sincerely missed any instances of the former, really dislike but am required to split that hair each time. Have not seen the line crossed in this thread, but a boatload of toe marks riiiight on it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 19th, 2016 at 10:01:12 PM permalink

So were you lying in the other thread where you gave you age as being in the forties or are you lying now where you claim you are sixty. In any event, you never saw fourteen cent gasoline.

I am personally offended by you calling me a liar. You cannot produce a link to where I said I was 40, because I never said I was 40. Guess what, YOU, are mistaken. lol AGAIN!

I will be waiting for you to produce my claim of being 40, Once you tire of that, then I will be waiting for you to apologize for calling me a liar.

But back to the gasoline, as I said, with the quarter that I had in my pocket at age 8, today I could buy two gallons of gasoline with it. Gas is cheap.
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 19th, 2016 at 10:12:03 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

When were you, yourself called "stupid" as opposed to some idea you expressed called stupid or (I saw) dumb?

I forget. I didn't know it was my job to remember. But I've lived through it. Tears on my pillow, a session with my psychiatrist, a new prescription, two pints of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, and I'm ok now. I embrace my stupidity.
bobbartop
bobbartop
August 19th, 2016 at 10:14:58 PM permalink

In any event, you never saw fourteen cent gasoline.

Ha! I'm seeing it now.

• Jump to: