JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
August 12th, 2016 at 12:41:18 PM permalink
Interesting article from the NY Post, nothing you don't know already. BUT it does highlight the trend to charging more and more for less and less.

Article - Vegas is trying to cheat you out of even more money

In this context, the term "cheat" seems to be a bit strong.

Gouge, squeeze, shear, stiff, screw all seem appropriate. But Cheat, NO.

Excerpt:

"But on a recent trip to Las Vegas, I couldn’t help but get the impression that Vegas is tightening its belt to a suffocating degree. The town expects you to risk cash against insurmountable odds, all while it is becoming sadly chintzy in how much it puts out for its suckerish losers."
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 12th, 2016 at 12:43:08 PM permalink
It's the New York Post.
Not a bad article but no one is being cheated.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 12th, 2016 at 12:53:04 PM permalink
Gratuitous shot at Comfort Inn for no reason. Not only does that location have free toothbrushes and toothpaste, but all of them should have, because it is required pursuant to CHI rules and regulations.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
August 12th, 2016 at 2:13:13 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

In this context, the term "cheat" seems to be a bit strong.

Gouge, squeeze, shear, stiff, screw all seem appropriate. But Cheat, NO.

I would not hesitate to put Resort Fees in the category of cheating. We have become accustom to them, and accept them, but that does not excuse the hotels for charging them. If any hotel charges are not negotiable, they need to be part of the room rate. Anything else is despicable.

But all that other stuff mentioned in the article, yeah, I would agree those aren't cheating.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
  • Jump to: