beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
October 30th, 2015 at 1:57:24 PM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

IMO
If this had happened in another setting and, the parties involved were reversed this incident wouldn't have even made the news. What really irks me is the hypocrisy of so many people.....especially Black people. To many African Americans avoid the real bottom line/problems within their ranks. IMO fatherless children is another big issue AA's refuse to address --- the gang culture within SOO many AA communities. Being disrespectful and defiant seems like a normal think in so many troubled black communities. It seems like each new generation/some AA's are getting more and more defiant with authority in general.

Understanding that the above is your opinion, do you or anybody else really think that if a black 240lb cop had dumped a white 16yo girl onto her head then dragged/thrown her across the room, and there was video, that it would not create the sensation it has?

Puh-leeze. The cop would not only have been fired, he might not have lived the day out.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
October 30th, 2015 at 2:03:42 PM permalink
Re: the girl "slapping and punching" the cop.

I have had a chair go out backwards from under me. My first, useless reaction as I'm tipping was to windmill my arms wildly, trying to grab for anything in reach to keep from continuing to fall. I defy any of you put in that chair and having someone throw you onto your back unexpectedly to keep from doing the same thing. It's simply not possible, if your arms are free, to NOT try and balance/catch yourself as you're going down. So I discount the narrative that she was hitting at him; she was flailing, trying not to land on her head.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 243
October 30th, 2015 at 2:10:04 PM permalink
This is quickly becoming one of the most racist threads on the forum.

As someone with a mixed race family I see a lot of racism by the police. racism in my favor as well.

I beat paying a subway fare when I was a teenager and was picked up by the cops. Taken into a room with other farebeaters. I was the only white person arrested. Within a few moments, the all-white officers pointed to me and said, "Oh, he was just going through the gate to use the telephone. Let him go."

Really? I had been apprehended ON THE ACTUAL TRAIN as it was about to leave the station.

The cops released me and to this day I am so ashamed of the obvious racism that occurred.

Now back to this incident. Everyone involved actually claims race was not an issue. The cop's actions were over-policing/police brutality. It's a shame so many members on here are decrying black people are at fault. White teenagers can be just as disruptive but you know what, the cops simply treat them better.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 133
October 30th, 2015 at 2:13:01 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

GJ - you are not a legal authority. The officer was fired. He did not handle the situation properly. Your opinions here don't matter and thankfully, most people see how wrong you are.

You can ignore what I have to say if you like. Its a free country. I have discussed the issues in this thread with several friends who agree with me. And if a person expresses an opinion that is truthfully and thoughtfully given then that opinion matters. At the very least I would hope that youd agree that I should have the right to express my opinion.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 243
October 30th, 2015 at 2:19:41 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

You can ignore what I have to say if you like. Its a free country. I have discussed the issues in this thread with several friends who agree with me. And if a person expresses an opinion that is truthfully and thoughtfully given then that opinion matters. At the very least I would hope that youd agree that I should have the right to express my opinion.

Yes, you have the right to express your opinion.

To make my statement more lucid, I was saying that the legal aspects have been defined (cop did not do his job, was fired as result) so your opinions don't count in that respect.

Your opinion could be that stealing food is okay as long as a person is hungry but your opinion doesn't count there either. The law says stealing is a crime.

So feel free to express your opinion but recognize the law has declared it incorrect.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 133
October 30th, 2015 at 2:29:27 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Yes, you have the right to express your opinion.

To make my statement more lucid, I was saying that the legal aspects have been defined (cop did not do his job, was fired as result) so your opinions don't count in that respect.

Your opinion could be that stealing food is okay as long as a person is hungry but your opinion doesn't count there either. The law says stealing is a crime.

So feel free to express your opinion but recognize the law has declared it incorrect.

My understanding is that the policeman has retained legal council to get his job back. The fat lady has not sung yet.

Dicenor33 stated that the cop should get a medal. I agree.
Pinit2winit
Pinit2winit
  • Threads: 25
October 30th, 2015 at 2:32:34 PM permalink
Knowing that not ever incident gets turned into a race thing I am still curious to see (overall) when an incident involves race a and race b, how many of race a's backers are race a and how many visa versa. Everyone claims to not be a racist yet everytime I see something on social media one way or the other it's always really hard core feelings towards defending thier race no matter if the person involved was wrong or right. Just a thought I had.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
October 30th, 2015 at 2:38:07 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Re: the girl "slapping and punching" the cop.

I have had a chair go out backwards from under me. My first, useless reaction as I'm tipping was to windmill my arms wildly, trying to grab for anything in reach to keep from continuing to fall. I defy any of you put in that chair and having someone throw you onto your back unexpectedly to keep from doing the same thing. It's simply not possible, if your arms are free, to NOT try and balance/catch yourself as you're going down. So I discount the narrative that she was hitting at him; she was flailing, trying not to land on her head.

Poor observation, IMO. Sure, I've missed a chair or, more likely, had one pulled out from under me. And I've certainly windmill chopped persons nearby in an attempt to gain balance. But this just wasn't that.

When you fall, where do your arms go? Either down to catch yourself or out to hold yourself. And once you contact something with which to hold, what do you do? You hold on.

Her hands went over her head, right to the guy's face. Not once, but what looked like three times. Certainly twice. You don't prevent a backwards fall by throwing your hands in the air. You don't stop a fall by not hanging on.

That still doesn't make his actions right. But it's that very evidence which makes me all but certain that she was already riled and causing a scene. Stopping a fall it was not. More like resisting and assaulting an officer.

Again, it doesn't mean the officer was right. He could've done a lot more to neutralize the situation. But it's the above that makes me smile when I see her get slammed. What can I say? I like deserved smack downs.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 30th, 2015 at 2:40:05 PM permalink
The cop should get 2 medals.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
October 30th, 2015 at 2:56:48 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Poor observation, IMO. Sure, I've missed a chair or, more likely, had one pulled out from under me. And I've certainly windmill chopped persons nearby in an attempt to gain balance. But this just wasn't that.

When you fall, where do your arms go? Either down to catch yourself or out to hold yourself. And once you contact something with which to hold, what do you do? You hold on.

Her hands went over her head, right to the guy's face. Not once, but what looked like three times. Certainly twice. You don't prevent a backwards fall by throwing your hands in the air. You don't stop a fall by not hanging on.

That still doesn't make his actions right. But it's that very evidence which makes me all but certain that she was already riled and causing a scene. Stopping a fall it was not. More like resisting and assaulting an officer.

Again, it doesn't mean the officer was right. He could've done a lot more to neutralize the situation. But it's the above that makes me smile when I see her get slammed. What can I say? I like deserved smack downs.

I think you and I are seeing different things. There's a big difference between missing a chair and going down, and being seated and going backwards unexpectedly.

See how his arms fly up? That's what I'm talking about.

• Jump to: