JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 4032
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
July 3rd, 2015 at 7:07:53 PM permalink
I would like to make a nomination for the Gambling Hall of "Shame".

PLANET HOLLYWOOD for having 6/5 Jacks or Better Video Poker on the main floor at the $ 1 AND $ 5 level ! Wow, that's a horrible paytable. In fact, I saw $ 1, 7/5 Jacks or Better at McCarran.

- Can someone please tell me that I somehow misread the paytable and it isn't really that bad ?

- VPFREE2 does list $5 for 9/6 JoB at PH in the High Limit room. I guess the philosophy at PH is to just ream the tourist ?

Any other nominations ?
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
KB1
KB1
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 128
Joined: Jul 9, 2013
July 3rd, 2015 at 8:24:58 PM permalink
I nominate the person who has no etiquette at the craps table and acts as if it is his first time buying in even though it is not.He can't wait till the established point is made to slow down the rythym of the game and buy in because his $6 8 and $2 hard 8 would hit.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
July 4th, 2015 at 2:09:46 AM permalink
I nominate the person/people who think there's a flow to the cards in blackjack or think there's some kind of rhythm in craps that keeps the dice "hot".
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
  • Posts: 9618
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
July 4th, 2015 at 3:12:14 AM permalink
Quote: KB1

I nominate the person who has no etiquette at the craps table and acts as if it is his first time buying in even though it is not.He can't wait till the established point is made to slow down the rythym of the game and buy in because his $6 8 and $2 hard 8 would hit.



Oh, that's the casino Cooler that's been sent in. Nice work if you can get it.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22293
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
July 4th, 2015 at 7:13:57 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I nominate the person/people who think there's a flow to the cards in blackjack or think there's some kind of rhythm in craps that keeps the dice "hot".

I was going to say the same thing, however I can't argue that it may mess up the rhythm, it doesn't really hurt or help anyone, but it slows down the game. People love fast action, it adds to their entertainment. I guess people love losing faster.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6281
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
July 4th, 2015 at 10:22:20 AM permalink
The philosophy of all of CET is to ream the tourist.

But as long this wasn't EVERY bank in the casino, then it's not that big of a deal to me. Let some idiots get fleeced.

In April, I found a bank of 7/5 BP (98.01%) and 7/5 Super DDB (98.61%) on the 6 $1, $2, $5 game kings nearest the north elevators. These are some of the best game king paytables you'll find for cet on the strip unfortunately that offer full tier credits.
KingoftheEye
KingoftheEye
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 68
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
July 4th, 2015 at 12:18:41 PM permalink
Quote: KB1

I nominate the person who has no etiquette at the craps table and acts as if it is his first time buying in even though it is not.He can't wait till the established point is made to slow down the rythym of the game and buy in because his $6 8 and $2 hard 8 would hit.



I nominate the people who believe in rhythm, timing, Jesus, or any other random variable that can affect the roll of the dice.
KingoftheEye
KingoftheEye
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 68
Joined: Jun 26, 2015
July 4th, 2015 at 12:20:31 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Oh, that's the casino Cooler that's been sent in. Nice work if you can get it.



I also nominate anyone who believes in a "cooler".
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22293
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
July 4th, 2015 at 12:36:39 PM permalink
Quote: KingoftheEye

I also nominate anyone who believes in a "cooler".

Coolers work. It won't affect the HA. psychologically it does, if the cooler becomes a distraction. It may cause someone to play a worst strategy. It will eat up cards during a good count.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
  • Posts: 9618
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
July 4th, 2015 at 1:53:10 PM permalink
Quote: KingoftheEye

I also nominate anyone who believes in a "cooler".



You mean they made a movie about a Cooler but there's no such thing?

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
July 4th, 2015 at 1:57:28 PM permalink
Haha!!!

We should make this a serious thread with categories like:

Worst Vegas Casino
Worst Table Game
Worst Table Side Bet
Worst Casino in Atlantic City
Worst Casino Elsewhere
Stupidest Slot Machine
Stupidest Electronic Game (Other)

Anyone else have some categories?

My nomination for Worst Casino Elsewhere is Mountaineer Casino & Resort for everything about Mountaineer Casino & Resort...except the buffet was sort of...a little bit...slightly edible.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 5609
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
July 4th, 2015 at 2:09:19 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Stupidest Slot Machine



ATM

;)
May the cards fall in your favor.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 4032
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
July 4th, 2015 at 2:32:21 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146


My nomination for Worst Casino Elsewhere is Mountaineer Casino & Resort for everything about Mountaineer Casino & Resort...except the buffet was sort of...a little bit...slightly edible.


Now remember, to make it into the HALL of SHAME, the criteria need to be worthy. For example (well, MY example), having machine after machine with a paytable WORSE than McCarran Airport for Jacks or Better Video Poker is quite an accomplishment.
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 482
Joined: Mar 22, 2013
July 4th, 2015 at 5:37:48 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146


My nomination for Worst Casino Elsewhere is Mountaineer Casino & Resort for everything about Mountaineer Casino & Resort...except the buffet was sort of...a little bit...slightly edible.



Mountaineer worse than Wheeling?
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 6526
Joined: Aug 31, 2010
July 4th, 2015 at 6:05:24 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Worst Table Game
Worst Table Side Bet

The real winners of these categories would be games that never saw the inside of a casino. I could share horror stories of games I've seen over the years that never got placed and never would: they were player-favorable, impossible to deal, etc. The regulatory bar for getting a game approved has risen considerably over the past few years, often including a full math report from an approved lab as well as some manner of IP coverage (at least pending), so it's far rarer that a true dog gets close to a field trial.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
KB1
KB1
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 128
Joined: Jul 9, 2013
July 4th, 2015 at 6:48:59 PM permalink
Quote: KingoftheEye

I nominate the people who believe in rhythm, timing, Jesus, or any other random variable that can affect the roll of the dice.




I am glad that you have been a member for 9 days and feel comfortable enough to come at me. Just call me out by name next time.I believe in rhythm,timing,Jesus,and most importantly random variables.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 4032
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
July 4th, 2015 at 8:17:16 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

The real winners of these categories would be games that never saw the inside of a casino. I could share horror stories of games I've seen over the years that never got placed and never would:


Right, but let's assume that the HoS would require actually being IN a casino.....
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
July 4th, 2015 at 8:31:49 PM permalink
Quote: HowMany

Mountaineer worse than Wheeling?



Wheeling Island is a comparative paradise.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 4032
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
July 4th, 2015 at 8:36:25 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Wheeling Island is a comparative paradise.



Sorry, but you gotta be more specific ! Otherwise, we lose the sponsorship of NBC !
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3616
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
July 4th, 2015 at 8:41:07 PM permalink
Binions, and any Isle of Capri casino, especially Kansas City and Lula.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
  • Posts: 14267
Joined: May 21, 2013
July 4th, 2015 at 8:44:16 PM permalink
Immokalee in the Everglades. A barn masquerading as a casino.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 4032
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
July 4th, 2015 at 8:47:38 PM permalink
methinks i have been there

did they have $ 5 JoB at a 6/5 paytable ?

if not, sorry BBB, they do not meet the HoS criteria.....
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1916
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
July 4th, 2015 at 8:55:49 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

methinks i have been there

did they have $ 5 JoB at a 6/5 paytable ?

if not, sorry BBB, they do not meet the HoS criteria.....



At least the Paris is on the LV strip. The Pioneer in Laughlin just added $1 6/5 JOB.
100% risk of ruin
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 4032
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
July 4th, 2015 at 9:01:38 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

At least the Paris is on the LV strip. The Pioneer in Laughlin just added $1 6/5 JOB.


This trend SUX. Crappy casinos in the middle of nowhere should have decent paytables.

That is my platform in 2016. And oh yeah, ra-hashing the Obama birth certificate thing again
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
July 4th, 2015 at 9:06:56 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Binions, and any Isle of Capri casino, especially Kansas City and Lula.



I can't speak for Lula, but I can say that the Isle in Kansas City is a casino that I found deplorable, at least, as of nine (or so) years ago.

And...I have pretty low standards.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 4032
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
July 4th, 2015 at 9:09:43 PM permalink
Sorry, Trump-Gagnum style, I gots to reject your nomination on the grounds of....

a) No Specifics
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4635
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
July 4th, 2015 at 9:29:27 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Haha!!!

We should make this a serious thread with categories like:

Worst Vegas Casino
Worst Table Game
Worst Table Side Bet
Worst Casino in Atlantic City
Worst Casino Elsewhere
Stupidest Slot Machine
Stupidest Electronic Game (Other)

Anyone else have some categories?

My nomination for Worst Casino Elsewhere is Mountaineer Casino & Resort for everything about Mountaineer Casino & Resort...except the buffet was sort of...a little bit...slightly edible.



There would need to be some sort of category for sweatiest and/or worse (maybe stupidest) pit. You know the ones that back off non counters who just happen to raise their wager.

My second suggestion isn't really a category, but rather a there has to be a special place in a 'gambling hall of shame' for the Evil Empire for destroying Strip Blackjack. I don't know exactly who is responsible coming up with 6:5 blackjack (probably some A-hole that got a big raise) out of it. But I do know the Evil Empire took that concept and ran with it and essentially ruined one of the great games on the Vegas strip, one of the iconic places to play. Others followed, but it was the Empire that led the way with destroying Strip Blackjack.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 2155
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
July 4th, 2015 at 9:48:57 PM permalink
Caesar's Atlantic city. They wash the cards on all of their carnival games and single deck games between every round. What a waste of time.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 2155
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
July 4th, 2015 at 9:50:21 PM permalink
Motor city and Greektown in Detroit for having a $25 max bet on UTH.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
July 5th, 2015 at 12:59:16 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

...We should make this a serious thread with categories like:

Worst Vegas Casino
Worst Table Game
Worst Table Side Bet
Worst Casino in Atlantic City
Worst Casino Elsewhere
Stupidest Slot Machine
Stupidest Electronic Game (Other)...


Anything Caesar's!
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
July 5th, 2015 at 1:34:17 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Binions, and any Isle of Capri casino, especially Kansas City and Lula.



Isle of Capri in KC is pretty bad. Wow. Some tweaker parked next to me in the parking lot. Came over to me and asked for a lighter. Real friendly guy (seriously). I watched him smoke a bowl(?) or two of meth with his clear-glass pipe (not a weed smoking pipe)....then he gets out, gives me the lighter back, says something like 'thanks have a great day' then goes on about his business.


I don't know why that casino has blackjack and slot machines. All they need is about 30 craps tables and 15 war tables, no slots no blackjack....and I'm certain each table will be packed 24/7. And the bar should just be pumping out those blue drinks I always forget their names......like blue motherf*****ers the drink is called.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2272
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
July 5th, 2015 at 2:01:13 AM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Anything Caesar's!

True dat. (But minus the apostrophe. The name of this crumbling Caesars outfit is plural, not possessive, as in a supposed palace of many Caesars.)

A few of the other unique joys of Caesars:

$5 + $1 drained off the table per hand in cash games, the highest rake in Nevada for the privilege of playing in the crappiest poker rooms.

And then one infamous year the company made people in WSOP events trek out to a "Poker Tent" to try to play. A tent in the parking lot out back of the Rio. In Las Vegas. In June/July. Really. No joke.
Quote: "Dr. Pauly" (Paul McGuire)

The tent was outside of the Rio and baking in the blazing Nevada heat. The lack of consistent air conditioning was an immediate problem, not to mention the fact that it almost blew one evening over during a massive windstorm. The Poker Tent was a potential death trap and drew tons of criticism from players, fans, and the media.

Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
July 5th, 2015 at 2:04:28 AM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

True dat. (But minus the apostrophe. The name of this crumbling Caesars outfit is plural, not possessive, as in a supposed palace of many Caesars.)

A few of the other unique joys of Caesars:

$5 + $1 drained off the table per hand in cash games, the highest rake in Nevada for the privilege of playing in the crappiest poker rooms.

And then one infamous year the company made people in WSOP events trek out to a "Poker Tent" to try to play. A tent in the parking lot out back of the Rio. In Las Vegas. In July. Really. No joke.



I don't have a college degree nor any dealing experience I should run CET. Can't do worse then a tent in the middle of the parking lot in July. I'll take a $1 salary.

(1 zillion CET stocks tho, but I might short them instead.)
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
July 5th, 2015 at 2:09:38 AM permalink
I'll Swype it the way I sees it :-)
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3616
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
July 5th, 2015 at 1:15:18 PM permalink
IP Biloxi for being a pathetic grind joint when they have the resources and facility to be the second best casino in town. Trips and Pairs Plus bets are both 50% or less maximum than the table max. Non-AP, large house edge, just a pathetic scared of big payout attitude from a member of a large gaming company.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28865
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
July 5th, 2015 at 1:36:12 PM permalink
Anyplace under the canopy in DT Vegas.
An old man in a diaper. Homeless begging.
Street 'entertainers' in filthy costumes.
When they put the canopy up I said it would
ruin DT for good.

There us to be a genuine Old West feel to
DT years ago. Now there's just an icky
'old perv' feel.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28865
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
July 5th, 2015 at 1:40:37 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Anything Caesar's!



I gotta say, I think I've only been in Caesars 2 or 3
times since they opened. The casino is too big, it's
laid out weird. Too much space between the gaming
areas, the ceilings are too high. I feel like I'm on
an outdoor football field or something.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
July 5th, 2015 at 2:28:17 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I gotta say, I think I've only been in Caesars 2 or 3
times since they opened. The casino is too big, it's
laid out weird. Too much space between the gaming
areas, the ceilings are too high. I feel like I'm on
an outdoor football field or something.


I'm talking any of their casinos.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 2155
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
July 5th, 2015 at 4:38:19 PM permalink
This really should be set up as a permanent list on the site.
There are so many categories.
Maybe it could be the opposite of the good house keeping seal of approval.
So which casino is the dumpiest of all?
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
vendman1
vendman1
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 1034
Joined: Mar 12, 2012
July 5th, 2015 at 6:24:58 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

ATM

;)



What are you talking about I always make money at that ATM machine, like $500. Never fails. Pays in cash too. I love it.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
July 5th, 2015 at 7:19:08 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I gotta say, I think I've only been in Caesars 2 or 3
times since they opened. The casino is too big, it's
laid out weird. Too much space between the gaming
areas, the ceilings are too high. I feel like I'm on
an outdoor football field or something.



First time there, I swear it took me an hour to figure out how to get outside. Then once outside I couldn't figure out how to get to the street.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
zoobrew
zoobrew
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 309
Joined: Jan 12, 2015
July 5th, 2015 at 8:23:58 PM permalink
The stupid criminal who tried to pass a fake $5 at The Rivers to a blackjack dealer. He was caught and the police found 14 more fake $5 & $10 and now he is facing 15 counts of forgery, so now he is facing the possibility of some serious time for a total $95 in fake money. If I was creating a list of the 5 worst places to try to pass fake money a live person at a casino would make the list.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2015/07/05/Man-accused-of-using-fake-money-at-Rivers-Casino/stories/201507050207
MissEye
MissEye
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 68
Joined: Jun 1, 2015
July 5th, 2015 at 9:03:01 PM permalink
Quote: zoobrew

The stupid criminal who tried to pass a fake $5 at The Rivers to a blackjack dealer. He was caught and the police found 14 more fake $5 & $10 and now he is facing 15 counts of forgery, so now he is facing the possibility of some serious time for a total $95 in fake money. If I was creating a list of the 5 worst places to try to pass fake money a live person at a casino would make the list.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2015/07/05/Man-accused-of-using-fake-money-at-Rivers-Casino/stories/201507050207



That's hilarious! I could understand avoiding using $100 since those are always looked at closer but a $5? At least do twenties to make it worth it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28865
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
July 6th, 2015 at 12:52:05 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

First time there, I swear it took me an hour to figure out how to get outside. Then once outside I couldn't figure out how to get to the street.



Last time there, 10 years ago, I lost my
wife and it took an hour to reunite. It's
an insane place, I'll never go back. Very
unfriendly dealers too..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 2422
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
July 6th, 2015 at 8:17:44 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

any Isle of Capri casino


My nomination goes to the Isle of Capri in Biloxi, may it RIP, for the stingiest drink comps. This was maybe 15 years ago. My buddy and I were playing at the tables. He was drinking beer and I was drinking mixed drinks. The beers were in 8 oz cans!? After tipping the waitress, he remarked that that was the most expensive free beer he'd ever gotten!

I could not taste any alcohol in my drink, so the next round, I ordered just bourbon, straight up. They brought me a glass with maybe 1 tablespoon of liquor! I kid not; there was literally enough to coat the bottom of the glass... if I swirled it sufficiently.

I have never willingly gone back to any Isle property since. I'm not one to hold a grudge, but this was inexcusable!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 5609
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
July 6th, 2015 at 9:10:23 AM permalink
Quote: vendman1

What are you talking about I always make money at that ATM machine, like $500. Never fails. Pays in cash too. I love it.



Not without a promo. With a promo, it can be a good play.

Otherwise, the best you can do is 100% return and no tier credits, and most of them don't have that good of a paytable.

The bill breaker is a better play than the ATM, most of the time.
May the cards fall in your favor.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6281
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
July 6th, 2015 at 11:09:32 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I can't speak for Lula, but I can say that the Isle in Kansas City is a casino that I found deplorable, at least, as of nine (or so) years ago.

And...I have pretty low standards.



I can't really hate KC. It's still the place where my gf got her biggest hit on the 4th of July last year. Good place to watch fireworks without a huge crowd. The surrounding area is definitely not good though. And be thankful you've never been to Lula.




Quote: mcallister3200

Binions, and any Isle of Capri casino, especially Kansas City and Lula.



Lula. ..lol. Good one! Sucks that their VP is better than tunica now though. :( Also the common area looks newish. The casinos are still hangar like though. And US 49 is easily the roughest 2 lane highway I've ever been on.

Here is a pic of the police station the next town over in Arkansas... we should have turned around immediately, but we were stupid.

Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 5605
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
July 6th, 2015 at 11:37:55 AM permalink
Surprised no one has mentioned yet... Gambling Hall of Shame nominee... Tribal Casinos (all of them). They are nominated for their ability to just steal, lie, and cheat then claim "sovereign immunity."
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
July 6th, 2015 at 11:44:05 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Surprised no one has mentioned yet... Gambling Hall of Shame nominee... Tribal Casinos (all of them). They are nominated for their ability to just steal, lie, and cheat then claim "sovereign immunity."


It's the modern version of being scalped.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
July 6th, 2015 at 1:14:32 PM permalink
Quote: Joeman

I have never willingly gone back to any Isle property since. I'm not one to hold a grudge, but this was inexcusable!


Yes, indeed. Isle of Capri in Biloxi .....long ago. The ONLY casino in which I came close to decking a stick man for his comments. The only casino that flat out told me they would not help me travel to a different casino. The only place wherein a floor person came out from behind a rope and told me to play continuously when I paused to wonder why two of my don't bets had been cleared away.

I've never been in that place again or any of its similarly named entities.
  • Jump to: