Thread Rating:

Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
July 4th, 2013 at 10:23:58 AM permalink
Just in case you think I always exaggerate, just adjust the BS meter 3 divisions toward the center. Not necessary to zero it though.

Was googling names of friends and cousins I intend to look up when back in Baltimore this August. Hate doing it because obituaries
pop up way too often.

But did find an article that proves I am not always stretching the truth. A few things are missing from the article. That Uncle Ray always bet gray horses, how he raised 10 kids, all went to Catholic school, new house care and boat. HINT : he worked for the vice squad. Doesn't say why all names of 10 kids started with the letter J.

If anyone guesses why I will reveal which character on Law and Order is based on my weird homicide detective cousin Jay !

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1995-09-12/news/1995255017_1_jay-landsman-police-department-city-police
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
August 26th, 2013 at 6:21:44 AM permalink
I will be back in Baltimore tomorrow. Chasing old ghosts and memories.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 26th, 2013 at 6:23:41 AM permalink
Fasten your seat belt when driving down memory lane....it could be a bumpy ride. Take care and I hope it's a worthy trip.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Buzzard
Buzzard
August 26th, 2013 at 6:25:52 AM permalink
Google old friends and got a lot of obituaries. Will check prisoner locator when i get back there.

Starting to believe only the good die young. SIGH
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
August 26th, 2013 at 7:03:52 AM permalink
One of my 6th great-grandfather's, Martin Treich homesteaded 200 acres of land on Bottle Hill in Baltimore in 1757. I sure wish I would have inherited that land. I wouldn't have to play machines for a living. Genealogy is my hobby.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 4th, 2013 at 10:12:47 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Just in case you think I always exaggerate, just adjust the BS meter 3 divisions toward the center. Not necessary to zero it though.

Was googling names of friends and cousins I intend to look up when back in Baltimore this August. Hate doing it because obituaries
pop up way too often.

But did find an article that proves I am not always stretching the truth. A few things are missing from the article. That Uncle Ray always bet gray horses, how he raised 10 kids, all went to Catholic school, new house care and boat. HINT : he worked for the vice squad. Doesn't say why all names of 10 kids started with the letter J.

If anyone guesses why I will reveal which character on Law and Order is based on my weird homicide detective cousin Jay !

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1995-09-12/news/1995255017_1_jay-landsman-police-department-city-police

Quote: article

The former Dorothy Anna Paff was born and raised in East Baltimore. Her father, Charles A. Paff, was a Baltimore City firefighter who was killed when the fire truck he was riding collided with another fire truck at Park Heights and Rogers avenues in 1949.

So if I'm following the genealogy correctly, the Charles A Paff mentioned here would be your grandfather, right Buzz? I remember you telling the fire truck story before...crazy, and terrible luck.

So it says Raymond was the second Jewish officer in the force, but since you're only related by blood to his wife who was the Catholic one, I can surmise you don't have any Jewish ancestry? Makes sense. Anyone ever hear the Adam Carolla segment "definitely not a Jew?" (here's one example). I think we could take some incidents from Buzz's life and create one of these segments :)

All in good fun, of course. I have some close friends who are part of The Tribe.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 4th, 2013 at 11:09:14 AM permalink
I have 3 adult daughters Melanie ANN, SusANN, and Mary Jo ANN. My Aunt Ann died in a bedroom at my grandfathers house. She told everone she saw an angel in the corner a few hours before she died. Aunt Dorothy was a Miss Maryland in her early 20's.

I went to Mt. St. Joe's high school, but had to drop out after 11th grade. Worked in a grocery store managed by Marty Cohen. Was in grocery union but also worked behind fish counter ( different union ). Cheaspeake bay was full of Rockfish then. Filleted hundreds every Passover. Also worked as rack boy for Henry Gordon. big time book maker. Later collected for Julius the LORD Salisbury. Until he disappeared the day Feds came to collect him for 30 years. 30 years for a 1st time bookmaking charge. Talk about Injustice.I was a practicing Catholic as a teenager. No meat on Friday, took 1 year Latin because the Mass will always be said in Latin.

Did not know the priest at St Amrose's was my uncle. In confession you are not talking to a priest, but to God through him. Always wondered why God asked so many questions about my family. Thought he would know already.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 4th, 2013 at 9:41:59 PM permalink
My mother's maiden name was Bailey. My sister posted on Facebook that Tom Bailey died. Thought I lost another cousin.

Instead it was my Uncle Tom.

At age 100 !

http://www.jfhmd.com/obituaries.html
  • Jump to: