AceCrAAckers
AceCrAAckers
  • Threads: 30
March 11th, 2013 at 12:10:26 AM permalink
Math is math and yet there are some jurisdiction that require GLI approval before they allow new side bets or table games to be installed. There are many qualified expersts that can supply this( Wizard, teliot, CM etc... ) and yet they only accept GLI.

I would not mind using GLI if they were the first party I used but if I have a verified math report, requiring GLI is paying twice for the same service.
Edward Snowden is not the criminal, the government is for violating the constitution!
Paigowdan
Paigowdan
  • Threads: 115
March 11th, 2013 at 7:34:28 AM permalink
You can also check to see if you can use BMM, and price the better lab price-wise. Gaming jurisdictions now seem to require using only an official Math Laboratory, not independent mathematicians. Nevada changed last year requiring a commercial math lab.

Some still recommend using a private mathematician first, for R & D math, to nail down the design on a project, but yeah, it's getting to be an expensive problem. If you're sure of a design, go with a lab now off the bat for next time.

Gotta do what the authorities dictate now.
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau. Like Dealers' uniforms - Dan.
CrystalMath
CrystalMath
  • Threads: 8
March 11th, 2013 at 9:54:56 AM permalink
I completely agree here. If you are confident in your game, go right to the lab.

In my experience, GLI is cheaper for less complicated games and BMM is cheaper for the more complicated games. These are the only two labs I've used.

If you need advice, alternatives, etc., it is probably less effective and more expensive to use a lab. For the most part, their job is to verify that the math report is correct, which is quite different from designing a game from the ground up.
I heart Crystal Math.
  • Jump to: