Thread Rating:

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1299
December 17th, 2011 at 7:53:10 AM permalink
I'd like to draw your attention to Nick's new article Gay Nightlife 101. Nick worked very hard on it, going all over Vegas to do research on it. It took him months to complete it. I'd be interested to hear comments on it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
DeadRats
DeadRats
  • Threads: 4
December 17th, 2011 at 8:05:05 AM permalink
About as informative as one could ask for. Obviously a labor of love. WELL DONE, NICK !
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
December 17th, 2011 at 10:35:33 AM permalink
I noticed on the WoV homepage it lists the article posting date as 12/16/10 instead of 12/16/11
ten2win
ten2win
  • Threads: 20
December 17th, 2011 at 6:10:24 PM permalink
I'm guessing that this site is probably >98% male.

However, to be fair Nick, what about the lesbians?

Are they welcome at any or most of these clubs? Are there any men only or female only clubs?

I ask only because in my younger days(!), there was that distinction when we would go dancing at certain gay bars. They would specifically have men's night or ladies night, kinda like salsa night or 70's night.

I ask too because we have lots of lesbians here in NM and was just curious if you had noticed.
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
December 18th, 2011 at 7:38:06 AM permalink
No mention of the Fun Hog Ranch. Did that one go back to being straight?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
December 22nd, 2011 at 2:49:21 PM permalink
Krave has the following statement on it's website. Krave, a straight-friendly gay bar, fosters a diverse and inclusive atmosphere where all people can enjoy world-class nightlife, service and entertainment.

You should mention which places would be best to go if you have a mixed group of gays and straights.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 264
December 22nd, 2011 at 3:16:10 PM permalink
I think most of these places probably try to echo a theme of "acceptance" and no longer emblazon a "Be Gay or Be Gone" sign anymore than the police post Raided Premises signs anymore.

For awhile Pink Triangles were posted at entrances to clubs in and around Long Beach, CA to alert straights to what the situation is likely to be inside.

A Smokers Welcome bar that had a Transgendered patron depart drunk and get killed was a mecca for all sorts of Gay, Bi, Transgendered, Swinger, Whatever types and when some political office-seeker moved his headquarters nearby it started getting a straight clientele during the day. The theme is often "acceptance" but I'd think its that young girls think the gay men are good-looking though mainly it may simply be that they are non-threatening.

As always, I think Las Vegas will rue the day they opted to chase after anything but Craps, Booze and Broads. Its supposed to be a gambling mecca, not nightclubs, not gourmet restaurants, not drunken yuppies buying bottles, not drunken yuppies in pools, not rock concerts. A place to run amok but not a place to run a marathon. Why should anyone trek out to the middle of the Mojave desert to go to a nightclub, there are nightclubs that are more conveniently located to just about any place.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
December 30th, 2011 at 11:27:38 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Why should anyone trek out to the middle of the Mojave desert to go to a nightclub, there are nightclubs that are more conveniently located to just about any place.

Where should the people who live in Las Vegas go?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
strictlyAP
strictlyAP
  • Threads: 116
August 9th, 2014 at 7:57:58 PM permalink
Wow just looking at some old threads- this is really kicking it old school
The bet will not be paid- not now not ever
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
August 9th, 2014 at 10:04:46 PM permalink
Deleted. I'm not going to participate in this thread.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi

• Jump to: